Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

blizzard cares more for pve than pvp

This poster was banned for a month as a result of this thread.

PVE:
    1. great looking gear with flash shoulders etc
    2.earn lots of money
    3.LFR exploit fixed within days
    4. lots of content in a expansion

PVP:
    1. arena gear seems to just be re coloured versions of its older version (s11 cataclysmic starting a new look for it tho)
    2. you earn 0 money in PVP and dnt say loot players they give u like 20 silver
    3.LFR was fixed fast yet botters still run wild in PVP and its exactly the same ppl exploiting the game for gear and now botters can get arena gear
    4.2 new battlegrounds, 1 arena season im not including rated bg's there fail.

so blizzard obviously are always gonna give the middle finger to PVP players, botting will continue even tho blizzard filed a lawsuit on piroxbot to stop maintaining it in january but that doesnt mean anything there will just be some other chinese dude who makes another bot program and the cycle will repeat, the need to make some specific software for bots that must be installed for wow or you cant login so it can protect us like a wow firewall if you will.
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-12-30 at 05:11 PM.

Really, one more of these threads?
    You are not supposed to earn money by killing player, have you ever done that?
    You can make more PvE content because it will become outdated, and PvE follows a storyline, pvp does not!
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    theres always a way around it. botting cant be stopped on the client side, so it needs to be stopped on the server-side.

Yeah, I agree that PVP/Arena is almost completely forlorn in Cataclysm by Blizzard.

But your arguments are so wrong in so many levels that I'll let someone else to comment on them, I might get infracted.

Deleted
    And its a bad thing that they care more about PvE than PvP in a PvE-based RPG game? Shock horror.

Deleted
    erm sry go play vannilla pre BG's then come back and bitch about stuff ok

wow = pve from the very start pvp just got trown in there as a afterthough and the workt it out pretty wel over the last 7 years

Yes, WoW is a PvE-focused game so why would you expect Blizzard to not have their focus on PvE?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Deleted
    Sounds strange to me.

Isn' t this supposed to be a PVE role game?

Deleted
    MoP is basically a PvP themed expansion.

I love WoW, I'm mainly a PvPer (haven't raided since T11), and even I understand that for an MMORPG they have to focus more on PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vetdevil View Post
    erm sry go play vannilla pre BG's then come back and bitch about stuff ok

wow = pve from the very start pvp just got trown in there as a afterthough and the workt it out pretty wel over the last 7 years
    PVP was in from the start its called duelling and WPVP granted you didnt get rewards

You dont saaay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charvie View Post
    theres always a way around it. botting cant be stopped on the client side, so it needs to be stopped on the server-side.
    You laugh you lose? There is no realistic way to tell if bot or not server-side. Heck, there are already client-side bots you can't detect that easily.
    Tbh bg-bots i don't mind. It's not like it is more abudant alliance or horde side so as it happens about evenly on both sides noone is really handicapped.

The only thing i would want for arena:
    Ban pve procs. This would make caster / rogue legendary / trinkets moot as their imbalance comes from procs but still usable til they get pvp gear.
    It's stupid that in pve i don't need to pvp but if you want the best pvp gear you need to raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by walkytalkie View Post
    Really, one more of these threads?
    You are not supposed to earn money by killing player, have you ever done that?
    You can make more PvE content because it will become outdated, and PvE follows a storyline, pvp does not!
    Thanks!
    what so just cos it follows a story you should earn more thats stupid

Did this thread go the way you thought it would?......................Nope!

WoW is a PvE based game, be thankful they put the effort into PvP and move on.

Thank you , drive thru.

Deleted
    WoW is a PVE game with some PVP on the side.
    The PVP community is a minority. Only random BG's are really popular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pwntzar View Post
    Did this thread go the way you thought it would?......................Nope!

PvE based game, be thankful they put the effort into PvP that they do and move on.

Thank you , drive thru.
    they didnt put any effort into pvp the gear looks lame compared with PVE gear and if its a pve based game like everyone says it should be a single player game not an mmo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    WoW is a PVE game with some PVP on the side.
    The PVP community is a minority. Only random BG's are really popular.
    I hope you understand that hc raiders are likewise a minority

Quote Originally Posted by Pimenta View Post
    You dont saaay?
    this exactly!

WoW is a PvE game with PvP possibilities. if you want a game focused on PvP wait for Guild Wars 2 (or play GW1 in the meantime). in WoW you have to pay for a tournament realm where you get all the gear and can only do PvP, in GW youll get something like this for free

order it now, thank me later

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when PvE game = single player game?

There are PURE PvE MMO out there as well you know that?

And PvP IS a minority in WoW so you should expect that they do not spend as much time and effort on the PvP side of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't WoW a PVE game with PVP glued on the side?