Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I havn't raided at all in cata bar 1 BH since I don't have the time. I have raided since TBC though clearing most raids fully before gear/patches inflated the difficulty of the raid. What I am saying is that a guild like mine, who cleares normal and hc modes before new patches arrive can get through the content without being all that picky about raid comp. So people should still get their raid spots and still contribute to the kill even if their spec wasn't the ultimate choice.

So my point is PvE class balance isn't NEARLY as important as it is in PvP because the raid still works for the great majority of guilds without boting specs that ain't top 5 on the dps meters.
    Okay when you say it like this, it makes more sense. But keep in mind that this is different depending on whether you're in a 10 or a 25 man guild. You couldn't really afford to bring an Enhancement Shaman for progress fights and bench your Hunter last Tier. Simply because (assuming gear level is roughly the same) that you're loosing out on dps. On a boss like Baleroc HM (pre nerf), you really needed every bit of dps possible, thus bringing in the best classes/specs and not the player.

So yeah, with this post you just made, I'll agree to some extend. But what keeps PvP'ers from re-rolling to another toon or to change their spec if they're a Hybrid class? My point is that having people change their spec/re-roll in a PvE scenario can and will affect a whole raid, possibly forcing someone else to do the same just to have a proper setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda fun how wow is a pve based game, yet they make pve so damn easy it's laughable.
    I mean, my bro is a gladiator who never does any pve, and if he says he needs the new Deathwing wep, he just goes there and get it with his pvp guild (not via LFR)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    please realise duelling and world PVP existed fro mthe start of wow

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:25 PM ----------

i play random bg's i even have to resort to doing LFR to valour cap so i dnt have to sit with botters in PVP
    Back in Vanilla, You had to PvE to PvP.

Deleted
    oh really.... this has been always the case. More news @ 5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reak71 View Post
    It's kinda fun how wow is a pve based game, yet they make pve so damn easy it's laughable.
    I mean, my bro is a gladiator who never does any pve, and if he says he needs the new Deathwing wep, he just goes there and get it with his pvp guild (not via LFR)
    Wait... normal modes are easy!? They're designed to be such, and he can't just "go get it" if it doesn't drop it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Back in Vanilla, You had to PvE to PvP.
    Totally. The best PvP gear in Vanilla, was the best PvE gear available at the time, including legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    Wait... normal modes are easy!? They're designed to be such, and he can't just "go get it" if it doesn't drop it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:31 PM ----------

Totally. The best PvP gear in Vanilla, was the best PvE gear available at the time, including legendaries.
    yeah and only a minority do hard modes so whats your point

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    seriously 3 pages and nobody posted this:

of course WoW is more about PvE than PvP
    Damn I thought people had already developed some basic English skills and realized he's talking about Diablo. I guess I have way too much faith in the WoW community. He says "The amount that PvP can alter the PvE game in WoW is unacceptable to us" meaning that PvP balance does in fact get brought up when it comes to WoW, and that's not gonna happen with the game THE GUY IS ACTUALLY IN THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM FOR which is Diablo III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah and only a minority do hard modes so whats your point
    Only a minority do hard modes, but technically, only a minority even clear normal modes. What does that have to do with it being hard?

Your main concern seems to be botting ruining pvp. This alone leads me to believe you are simply a casual pvper, as its been stated earlier you are clearly naive when it comes to how difficult it would be to effectively eliminate botting and honestly why would blizz make a large effort to ban PAYING CUSTOMERS. Yes I agree when grinding alts honor gear you sometimes get unlucky and have 5 bots in a bg on your side but as also mentioned it happens on the flip side just as often, so for gear that is replaced by current season gear I don't see the big issue.
    To those saying pve procs and other gear are causing problems I say the fix is simple. Remove the resil diminishing returns. I can't for the life of me figure out why it has it in the first place. Stat inflation by definition is the worst its ever been this expansion yet the defensive stat put in to counter offensive stats and reduce the burden of pve/pvp balance loses its effectiveness when inflation has hit its peak for the expac. Allowing for say 60% damage reduction allows for the procs while still beneficial for certain comps are no longer game breaking and thus necessary.
    PvP is a minority in the wow community but not nearly as small as its being made out to be in this thread, however it is the end of an expansion and pvp balance for this one was clearly made for rated bgs. Maybe we'll see some fixes in MoP, until then enjoy bashing opposing bots and report your side bots if its really that big a deal for you.

TL;DR botting not that big a deal and not easily fixed, take DR off resil find better balance with pve proc items

of course it's always been a pve focused game more than a pvp focused game and bg's and arenas were tacked on afterward, but still pvp is ridiculously popular (about 1/3rd of players focus on pvp while 2/3rds focus on pve) and the ammount of effort that goes into pvp is laughable compared to pve. it would not kill them to throw a bone to the 1/3rd of their players who like pvp better than pve once in a while. there are 150 instances in the game and they take WAAAAY more design and planning than a bg or arena map does yet for 150 instances we have like 5 arena maps and 8 battlegrounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugzforhugz View Post
    Your main concern seems to be botting ruining pvp. This alone leads me to believe you are simply a casual pvper, as its been stated earlier you are clearly naive when it comes to how difficult it would be to effectively eliminate botting and honestly why would blizz make a large effort to ban PAYING CUSTOMERS. Yes I agree when grinding alts honor gear you sometimes get unlucky and have 5 bots in a bg on your side but as also mentioned it happens on the flip side just as often, so for gear that is replaced by current season gear I don't see the big issue.
    To those saying pve procs and other gear are causing problems I say the fix is simple. Remove the resil diminishing returns. I can't for the life of me figure out why it has it in the first place. Stat inflation by definition is the worst its ever been this expansion yet the defensive stat put in to counter offensive stats and reduce the burden of pve/pvp balance loses its effectiveness when inflation has hit its peak for the expac. Allowing for say 60% damage reduction allows for the procs while still beneficial for certain comps are no longer game breaking and thus necessary.
    PvP is a minority in the wow community but not nearly as small as its being made out to be in this thread, however it is the end of an expansion and pvp balance for this one was clearly made for rated bgs. Maybe we'll see some fixes in MoP, until then enjoy bashing opposing bots and report your side bots if its really that big a deal for you.

TL;DR botting not that big a deal and not easily fixed, take DR off resil find better balance with pve proc items
    first off the return key is your friend second im not a casual PVPer since i have 5 items of cataclysmic PVP gear and i cant be bothered to read the rest of what you said cos it hurts my eyes

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:44 PM ----------

what i dnt get is that PVE players think that PVP players deserve nothing and no updates or anything i pay the same montly fee as your parents do for you so why should i get half assed content its like me going to a store and buying a pair of shoes with no laces or insoles

The PvPers aren't satisfied with RBGs, the state of arenas, a lack of W.PvP, and class imbalance in 1v1.

The PvErs aren't satisfied with the new content being released, and fight it laughably easy or impossibly hard, want epic designs for every-single encounter, and want class balancing so you bring the player not the class (KIN raiders for ex with their mages/rogues strat).

Neither the pvers nor the pvpers want the other to blend in with their own areas (no legendaries/OP trinkets form PvE in PvP for ex). In the end, it all comes down to the ultimate truth of MMOs. You just can't satisfy everyone.
    || Ducivo ||

10+ Year Old Account
    what i dnt get is that PVE players think that PVP players deserve nothing and no updates or anything i pay the same montly fee as your parents do for you so why should i get half assed content its like me going to a store and buying a pair of shoes with no laces or insoles
    It's not that, it's that you assume new BGs as often as new raids come out will make the game better. The thing is, however, that raids and BGs/Arenas are VERY different from each other. Getting new BGs in particular, especially since you random BG a lot, will just water down the people queuing for specifics, and not really add new content, as the battlefield isn't even the most important part of a BGs content. A BG is different every time you enter it, as players respond differently, especially with different groups/strategies on yours and the opposing team. As opposed to raids where every time you enter a raid, the boss acts the exact same way, so of course raids get stale quickly. On the other hand, I enjoyed AB when it launched in 2005, and I still enjoy AB to this day. You seem to be of this mindset that more stuff = better stuff, when that isn't true at all. In fact, with many things in PvP, constantly adding more stuff so heavily affects the meta-game, that it makes it much less fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, buying a pair of shoes with no laces would be buying WoW today to PvP. You get to your target level and do battlegrounds, but oh look! No gear to get. That my friend would be buying a pair of shoes with no laces. What you're failing to grasp is that WoW was always primarily a PvE game, it extended from Warcraft III for fuck sake, and you know what that game was? A game that was telling a story. You should be grateful that PvP in WoW today, isn't what Vanilla was, if it were you'd be bitching and crying alot worse than this.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-12-30 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    first off the return key is your friend second im not a casual PVPer since i have 5 items of cataclysmic PVP gear and i cant be bothered to read the rest of what you said cos it hurts my eyes
    Also, punctuation and sentence structure may or may not be your friend, if you're going to point out an error that doesn't exist in someone's post. The return key is used to end paragraphs, not to replace periods or the need for capital letters.

Deleted
    Surprised? Its mainly a pve game anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    No, buying a pair of shoes with no laces would be buying WoW today to PvP. You get to your target level and do battlegrounds, but oh look! No gear to get. That my friend would be buying a pair of shoes with no laces. What you're failing to grasp is that WoW was always primarily a PvE game, it extended from Warcraft III for fuck sake, and you know what that game was? A game that was telling a story. You should be grateful that PvP in WoW today, isn't what Vanilla was, if it were you'd be bitching and crying alot worse than this.
    yeah wrath was an extension on wc3 not cataclysm

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVE:
    1. great looking gear with flash shoulders etc
    2.earn lots of money
    3.LFR exploit fixed within days
    4. lots of content in a expansion

PVP:
    1. arena gear seems to just be re coloured versions of its older version (s11 cataclysmic starting a new look for it tho)
    2. you earn 0 money in PVP and dnt say loot players they give u like 20 silver
    3.LFR was fixed fast yet botters still run wild in PVP and its exactly the same ppl exploiting the game for gear and now botters can get arena gear
    4.2 new battlegrounds, 1 arena season im not including rated bg's there fail.

so blizzard obviously are always gonna give the middle finger to PVP players, botting will continue even tho blizzard filed a lawsuit on piroxbot to stop maintaining it in january but that doesnt mean anything there will just be some other chinese dude who makes another bot program and the cycle will repeat, the need to make some specific software for bots that must be installed for wow or you cant login so it can protect us like a wow firewall if you will.
    Not that there would be anything wrong with it but..are you new to wow? It has been primarely pve based since launch and for the last 7 years. :-)

and blizzard keeps nerfing warriors because we 'deal too much dmg in pvp despite the fact we are only class incapable of doing any sort of spelldmg'.

There you have something to think about. >

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah wrath was an extension on wc3 not cataclysm
    Yeah no, story-wise that may be the case but Warcraft III was just a taste of what was to come, World of Warcraft was their next goal.