Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I do not care for any of the points you made and all I do is PvP really. Class balance thats the thing I care about and unfortunatly PvP class balance is often getting shafted because of PvE.

I will never understand the importance of "exact" class balance in PvE, most guilds don't bother with class stacking etc anyways, clearing a raid should be about the team effort, no one should care what class tops the dps/hps meters as long as the boss dies!
    Trying to get every spec to peform "competativly" in PvE is the number one reason for imbalances in PvP, that and PvE gear.
    Umm so you don't think that class balance/imbalance affects other people than the top guilds? You must not have done much PvE content at any serious level what so ever. If you don't care about class balance in PvE, why care about it in PvP - doesn't the same rule apply?

On top of that, shafting goes both ways...... Sometimes PvP gets a nerf due to PvE and sometimes it's the other way around. If you have no basis for saying this nonsense, you should re-consider saying it in the first place tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    why is it the players job to report bots its blizzards job to get rid of them it just proves how lazy they really are
    Err.. No, they can't be expected to be sitting in like.. Thousands upon thousands of Battlegrounds sitting in each one for a couple minutes trying to find out which ones are bots and which aren't, and I wouldn't like to imagine how many battlegrounds there are in a day spread across the whole game, no thanks that would be insane to ask of an employee(s) I think it's a lot more beneficial if they put their resources on ticketing and live help, while the players can use the trusty report button which won't take as much effort as it would if Blizzard suddenly got a team to work on finding bots.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-12-30 at 02:11 PM.

It's not your 'job' it's playing a helping hand, they do not have eyes everywhere, when you see a botter, they don't. Report him and move along. I'm not sure you understand how technically impossible it is to suddenly stop the hundreds of players that bot.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    it's the PvP'ers who whine about Paladins for example, as such they are nerfed beyond redemption at certain points.
    PvP was not in the mindset when they made the game. PvE also gets shafted several times because of PvP, and there is DPS checks as well as Hps checks on several raids.

..are you bloody mad?
    Class Balance affects EVERYONE. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the GAME, get that into your head.
    Sorry to tell you bro but you got it backwards... PvE will always be Blizzards number 1 priority and for every PvP nerf that affected PvE I could list 2 PvE buffs that fucked PvP balance over.

Also you seem to have missed my point... Any random raid guild will take their core raiders and it doesn't matter how the spec is performing. Hence they would still get a spot in the raid and they would contribute to the boss kill and they WILL kill that boss because class balance in PvE only really matters at the absolute top end of raiding. Normal raid guilds don't class stack, I find it amusing how people find it in any way significant who comes out first on a dps meter as long as the boss goes down.

When I did raid our RL would bot people from the raid and replace them for the night if someone even mentioned Recount.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Err.. No, they can't be expected to be sitting in like.. Thousands upon thousands of Battlegrounds sitting in each one for a couple minutes trying to find out which ones are bots and which aren't, and I wouldn't like to imagine how many battlegrounds there are in a day spread across the whole game, no thanks that would be insane to ask of an employee.
    they can develop software to detect bots it doesnt have to have any human interaction and with the gm ques being almost 3 days long on my server by that time the boter could have altered his code or something and even when i do get a gm reply its always the generic ty for the report we will take the appropriate action against this palyer when they wont cos its PVP and all blizzard employee's dnt give a fuck about it

seriously 3 pages and nobody posted this:

of course WoW is more about PvE than PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

PVE:
    1. great looking gear with flash shoulders etc
    - PvP gear isn't good looking?

2. earn lots of money
    - False, You lose money. Flasks 0g-500g+ a night, Repairs 1g-1,000g a night, Pots 0g-300g+ a night. You get like 50g a boss kill?

3. LFR exploit fixed within days
    - It was easily fixed

4. lots of content in a expansion
    - PvE Content gets old very quickly, You can do the same BG over and over again... You don't get any "Loot" from that BG/Arena so there for you don't need 2+ New BGs/Arenas every patch. It's completely different with Dungeons/Raids... Once you do them a bunch you gain nothing from doing them over again unlike BGs/Arenas.

PVP:
    1. arena gear seems to just be re coloured versions of its older version (s11 cataclysmic starting a new look for it tho)
    - Ever since WoTLK, It's the way PvP gear is made, You just get a "Upgraded" version of that piece.

2. you earn 0 money in PVP and dnt say loot players they give u like 20 silver
    - The way you make money in this game is Dailies, Farming, Professions, or using the AH.. Not PvE.

3. LFR was fixed fast yet botters still run wild in PVP and its exactly the same ppl exploiting the game for gear and now botters can get arena gear
    - LFR was a easy fix, Took a programmer probably 2 minutes to fix it. You can't exactly stop botting with a quick script change.

4. 2 new battlegrounds, 1 arena season im not including rated bg's there fail.
    - Look at the more pve content response.
    Last edited by -Cynical-; 2011-12-30 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa Saurus View Post
    And there I was, thinking the game was called "war"craft, World of Dragonslayingcraft!
    Yes, because we were not at war againsts the Burning Legion, the Scourge and now the Twlight Cultist/Deathwing/Old God. War is not only 20 peoples farming 20 other players in a BG
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    they can develop software to detect bots it doesnt have to have any human interaction and with the gm ques being almost 3 days long on my server by that time the boter could have altered his code or something and even when i do get a gm reply its always the generic ty for the report we will take the appropriate action against this palyer when they wont cos its PVP and all blizzard employee's dnt give a fuck about it
    First off, getting software to detect them is pointless as the designer of the bot will continue to alter it to prevent players from being caught, secondly you're forgetting the "Offenses Volcano" First offence is a warning, second offence is 3 hours, and so on until they finally push it and face account closure. While reporting him may of not done much justice, it gave him/her their first/second offence, for all you know they could have received a 3hr and you wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Umm so you don't think that class balance/imbalance affects other people than the top guilds? You must not have done much PvE content at any serious level what so ever. If you don't care about class balance in PvE, why care about it in PvP - doesn't the same rule apply?

On top of that, shafting goes both ways...... Sometimes PvP gets a nerf due to PvE and sometimes it's the other way around. If you have no basis for saying this nonsense, you should re-consider saying it in the first place tbh.
    I havn't raided at all in cata bar 1 BH since I don't have the time. I have raided since TBC though clearing most raids fully before gear/patches inflated the difficulty of the raid. What I am saying is that a guild like mine, who cleares normal and hc modes before new patches arrive can get through the content without being all that picky about raid comp. So people should still get their raid spots and still contribute to the kill even if their spec wasn't the ultimate choice.

So my point is PvE class balance isn't NEARLY as important as it is in PvP because the raid still works for the great majority of guilds without boting specs that ain't top 5 on the dps meters.

ps. LFR made me actually able to see some of the raids for the first time since it so damn easy to clear out so it doesn't take that much time.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2011-12-30 at 02:25 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

im guessing you started this thread cause your bad and cant get over 1500 so you have to complain to someone?

They already do, when you start up the client it scans your system and finds the botting software and bans you
    but bots are everchanging and evading
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Deleted
    3.LFR was fixed fast yet botters still run wild in PVP and its exactly the same ppl exploiting the game for gear and now botters can get arena gear
    multi boxing is not an exploit, ppl pay for their multiple acounts. it may not be fun for those against a multi boxing person but its not against the rules

other then this, there are far more people who play the pve side of the game then the pvp side so yes they have to satisfy the pve side more then the pvp

Not the same issues, can't be fixed in the same way.
    And if they do care more about PvE, so what?

P.S, Look at how late BGs / Honor System was added!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.5.0 7 June 2005

WoW was released November 23, 2004? WoW is a PvE game... Not a PvP game..

10+ Year Old Account
    they didnt put any effort into pvp the gear looks lame compared with PVE gear and if its a pve based game like everyone says it should be a single player game not an mmo
    I call to the stand the current Paladin arena set to discuss gear looking lame. http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ladin_male.jpg

And as for single player game not mmo... have you ever heard of that wierd thing called raiding and running dungeons? I know you probably haven't, since you do arena only, the smallest group activity within the game. Some people prefer to play with more than 1 or 2 other people, even many pvp'ers *gasp*

Deleted
    PVE:
    1. great looking gear with flash shoulders etc
    - PvP gear isn't good looking?
    ok il agree with you on some sets for s11 are good looking but some are crap u seen deathknights it looks lame, look more like a transformer than a scourge monster and its white coulored.

2. earn lots of money
    - False, You lose money. Flasks 0g-500g+ a night, Repairs 1g-1,000g a night, Pots 0g-300g+ a night. You get like 50g a boss kill?
    you win an epic u can make over 20k just by selling it on AH

3. LFR exploit fixed within days
    - It was easily fixed
    so is botting in PVP its the same thing players exploting the game for free gear

4. lots of content in a expansion
    - PvE Content gets old very quickly, You can do the same BG over and over again... You don't get any "Loot" from that BG/Arena so there for you don't need 2+ New BGs/Arenas every patch. It's completely different with Dungeons/Raids... Once you do them a bunch you gain nothing from doing them over again unlike BGs/Arenas.

i agree with you on that point

PVP:
    1. arena gear seems to just be re coloured versions of its older version (s11 cataclysmic starting a new look for it tho)
    - Ever since WoTLK, It's the way PvP gear is made, You just get a "Upgraded" version of that piece.
    yes cos blizzard artists are to lazy to make any new skins

2. you earn 0 money in PVP and dnt say loot players they give u like 20 silver
    - The way you make money in this game is Dailies, Farming, Professions, or using the AH.. Not PvE.
    last time i checked quests are PVE cos your not fighting players and pve isnt just raiding and dungeons

3. LFR was fixed fast yet botters still run wild in PVP and its exactly the same ppl exploiting the game for gear and now botters can get arena gear
    - LFR was a easy fix, Took a programmer probably 2 minutes to fix it. You can't exactly stop botting with a quick script change.
    sorry but i bet you can as i said its the same type of exploit players getting gear from exploiting the game blizzard are jsut to lazy

4. 2 new battlegrounds, 1 arena season im not including rated bg's there fail.
    - Look at the more pve content response.
    PVE gets loads more than pvp the only reason people cry is cos they wanna clear it all within 1 raid lockout and bitch that theres nothing to do

10+ Year Old Account
    yes pvp is on the side compared to PVP it doesnt mean it should be forgotten about and left to rot with botters etc you cant play pvp 9pm onwards cos all the botters come out to play
    Also... wait, you said you didn't do RBGs because they're lame, and I'd assume that meant you didn't do regular BGs, so how the hell are you dealing with botters on your arena teams?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    P.S, Look at how late BGs / Honor System was added!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.5.0 7 June 2005

WoW was released November 23, 2004? WoW is a PvE game... Not a PvP game..
    please realise duelling and world PVP existed fro mthe start of wow

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    Also... wait, you said you didn't do RBGs because they're lame, and I'd assume that meant you didn't do regular BGs, so how the hell are you dealing with botters on your arena teams?
    i play random bg's i even have to resort to doing LFR to valour cap so i dnt have to sit with botters in PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah pvp is supposed to be fun when its not cos of botters and blizzards lack of care, its like saying all the people at mcdonalds who bought a big mac meal get a free $50 the rest of you dont.
    No, it's like saying all the people that ordered a big mac meal get a big mac, and you ordered a regular hamburger, complaining that you want a big mac too. Mcdonalds sure is unfair, aren't they?