Deleted

Question SWTOR - Trial Account question.

So i got an invitation from a deer friend, and i love the game so far. But my question is, now that i have a level 8 Trooper, do i get to keep if purchases the game? I mean i did create it on my Origin account.

Answers are much appreciated.

/Clooz

Short answer, yes, and you can play that character up to level 15 on your trial account.

Long answer, see the link below:

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400150

This is the Friends of the Old Republic (the invite system's) Official FAQ.

Can't see why you wouldn't. You have an account now. Basically all that you need to do to keep playing is to pay for a copy and get your key. And either enter a pre-paid game card, or open a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersteel View Post
    Can't see why you wouldn't. You have an account now. Basically all that you need to do to keep playing is to enter a pre-paid game card, or open a subscription.
    Incorrect. Anyone with just a trial account must purchase a copy of the game as well in order to keep playing after the 7 days have expired.

Got a friend who dinged 14 in like 2 days , then he was liek i want the game now! , so he goes registers a new account ( Dumb-ass ! ) and was like -oh noooes i lost my char ".

Make sure it doesnt happen to you pal.

Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    Got a friend who dinged 14 in like 2 days , then he was liek i want the game now! , so he goes registers a new account ( Dumb-ass ! ) and was like -oh noooes i lost my char ".

So what you're saying is that instead of just adding the game code to his existing trial account, he made a new account and added the game code to that? Well, that's what happens when you don't think things through or ask other people questions... On the plus side, at least he was only level 14, he just won't be able to re-use that name unless he goes onto his trial account and deletes the character. Won't take him nearly as long to get back to the same point the second time either.

Hehe aye, still cries about it . Good thing is 2 more pals subbed so we can mock him with greater numbers :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post

Will do! Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Karshtakavaar View Post
    Incorrect. Anyone with just a trial account must purchase a copy of the game as well in order to keep playing after the 7 days have expired.
    Yeah, realised my error and edited it.

Deleted
    I see many swtor auctions on ebay. Any idea if it's a good way to buy it cheap? I guess I don't need the physical copy or shipment anyway? Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Yes, if you buy the game, and attach it to the same account, you keep the character.