Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Difference is blizzard games are good.

Unlike most star wars games.
    Someone trolled pretty hard there. But I will have to agree. there is not one star wars game I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Stop ignoring the rest of my post. They have talked about the slow combat and the Ilum bans on their official forums, and those are just the two I know about - there could be more. Do you want them to comment on every single bug reported?
    They acknowledged the Casting Delay, but without any ETA on when we can expect a fix; and no explaination on how that made it into the Release Build of SWTOR

They did address the Ilum bans, you're 100% correct on that

As for commenting on every single bug reported; yes I "want" that, but I don't expect that, even Blizzard doesn't do that. I do expect them to be fixed though, and I expect (and want) more than just an acknowledgement for game-breaking bugs like the Bounty Hunter Story never finishing. I'd also like my Darth title on my Inquisitor sometime
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Thats a really impressive number. However, it is Star Wars so it should have a HUGEEEEE following.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejohn View Post
    Because everything has to be a fanboy competition. You cant have a rational discussion on the internet without some drooling idiot who has invested way too much time into something to just shit up every thread on the internet.

This was a sales numbers thread and the first page is people crying that someone else who had nothing but positive things to say about the experience cleared the available content already. It is spun as some sort of negative for unknown reasons to score points in some fanboy war.

Personally I don't really care to discuss games other than wow here. Even then the discussion isn't very interesting half the time. The site is called MMO-Champion but the site itself only really champions one MMO and that is wow. The user base here consists of Staunch Blizzard Haters, Staunch Blizzard Ball Washers and a handful of people who don't care one way or another. Most TOR threads here are constantly attacked by the same hyperbole armed wow fanatics and its a little tiresome.
    well i 'll have to add +1 to that. Undeniably true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I'd also like my Darth title on my Inquisitor sometime
    Sith Inquisitor

General

- The Darth title is now properly granted to Sith Inquisitors.
    Ta da, latest patch notes. They'll iron it out step by step.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Ta da, latest patch notes. They'll iron it out step by step.
    12 days too late (13 days when the patch hits)
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Seems like you're purposefully being unreasonable. You ask for bug fixes, and then you call them out for being late on it when they give it to you. Think it's time for me to step out of this thread.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-03 at 07:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Wow, grow up man. You sound like a spoiled brat that didn't get what he wanted as soon as he wanted it. Welcome to the real word where you don't always get it your way 100% of the time.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Honestly, WoW fanboys should be banned from threads like this. Yes, I understand you want to defend your honor or some shit like that, but this has no reflection on WoW. People need to learn that killing wow isn't possible or it's good for business.

It's better to have a company spend money developing their product to go up against the next big thing, than have them sit idle with millions of subscribers but no incentive to produce quality raids/patches. And yes, people will still pay. So making that argument is useless. If anything, instead of hopping on Blizzard, people need to realize that it isn't a vs. game, more of a friendly competition to better both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretentious View Post
    Honestly, WoW fanboys should be banned from threads like this. Yes, I understand you want to defend your honor or some shit like that, but this has no reflection on WoW. People need to learn that killing wow isn't possible or it's good for business.

It's better to have a company spend money developing their product to go up against the next big thing, than have them sit idle with millions of subscribers but no incentive to produce quality raids/patches. And yes, people will still pay. So making that argument is useless. If anything, instead of hopping on Blizzard, people need to realize that it isn't a vs. game, more of a friendly competition to better both sides.
    Did you even read the thread? Those comments are few and far between. You're trolling just as bad as they are by posting off topic.

I wonder what the sales number will balance out at in a few months.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Wow, grow up man. You sound like a spoiled brat that didn't get what he wanted as soon as he wanted it. Welcome to the real word where you don't always get it your way 100% of the time.
    The point isn't me getting what I want (I won't use the title, as all it means is I finished the Class Story; I prefer to show a PvP/Raid title)

The point is that there's many issues that should not be in the Release Build. Most of these problems were reported in Beta, but BioWare just did nothing about them. As for the rest; they're in, only because the game just wasn't tested extensively — either way, SWTOR should not have been Released yet

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Even by those conservative estimates it would still be a massive success good to know.
    Conservative. I believe those were quite generous estimates. Reading trough various forums there are a lot of disappointed people quitting. A LOT. Also A LOT of people are enjoying it. I expect the retention rate will be quite average for MMOs. My personal opinion is that SWTOR will peak at 2M at best, stabilizing at less than 1M.

I absolutely love the SWTOR hype train derailling already, the game alot of people jizzed about before they even played it and the game alot would say will be the death of WOW yet I read more negative than positive about the game, sure WOW isn't perfect but it's playable, I'm reading stuff about SW that sounds like the people behind it are doing a poor job, but I've not played the game nor do I intend to so this is just what I read.

People can talk shit about WOW and Blizzard but the fact of the matter is this, Blizzard are one of, if not the best when it comes to games and that counts for everything, making them and keeping them playable, you only have to look at what they've done with Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft and now WoW, nobody can better them and it seems like whoever made SWTOR is miles behind.

I don't see why every SW post turns into SW vs WOW, fact is at the moment SW is nowhere near as good as WOW and if you believe what you read it never will be, for now SW is a nice change from WOW but give it a few months and the people that left WOW saying it failed to jump ship to SW will be jumping ship back to WOW because the people looking after SW are nowhere near as good as Blizzard, give it time.

I'm not a WOW fanboy nor a SW hater, but I'm smart enough to accept the truth unlike alot of you lot, SW isn't the first game to be hyped up so much and fall flat nor will it be the last, never understand why people defend a game they have absolutely fuck all to do with, did you make the game? do you work on it? no, you play it, that doesn't mean you have to defend it like fucking fanboys, I'm using a logitech mouse and keyboard but that doesn't mean I have to act like some loyalist to logitech and defend them to the hills, alot of the people here need to grow the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    Did you even read the thread? Those comments are few and far between. You're trolling just as bad as they are by posting off topic.

I wonder what the sales number will balance out at in a few months.
    The first 8 pages or so, after that.. read this page and then I made my post. I'm sorry it disagreed with whatever point you were making. Please don't join the masses and stick to insults when someone disagrees. It's pretty pointless.

Have lost 2-3 people each time as a guild to Aion Rift etc when they 1st came out. Havent lost a single one to SWTOR. And a few people play it yet they didn't miss a single WoW raid due to it.

Imagine if the Dragon Soul was actually good also and not the crap we got served :P

My point is dont hype the game to much wait till you see its endgame pve and pvp wise because that's what MMos are all about. Its a brand new shiny game with way better graphics compared to WoW and brand new quests and some new mechanics. Of course it will be fun.

But MMO's are marathons you cant tell anything on the 1st weeks. I had a blast leveling up on Aion i wont even reinstall it when it goes f2p in a couple of months...
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-01-03 at 07:46 PM.

On one hand, I'm kind of surprised by all the negative posts in this thread, especially about how the game is so quest-driven. On the other hand, I'm not that surprised. My brother and several of my friends had been hyped up about the game for months prior to release. They were also hyped up about rift and Aion, and Final Fantasy XIV, so I went into this with scepticism. I did try Rift, but it wasn't very engaging to me. I wasn't expecting much, going into SW:TOR. The only thing negative I knew about it going into it was that it owes some credit to EA, which in my mind, that little seal on the package means: This game is garbage.

However, I gave the game a try, and I have to say that I absolutely love it. Right now, I feel it is probably the MOST engaging, entertaining game I have ever played. At higher levels, the combat game play gets slower, and does leave something to be desired, however the questing system in particular is mindblowingly amazing. As a WoW player with several legendary weapons in a heroic progression guild, who usually plays 50+ hours a week, I thought nothing would ever trump my interest in WoW, but after just a few hours in SW:TOR, I was already considering quitting WoW for this game. Now over a week later (including a few visits back to wow for raiding), I'm wondering how to break the news to the guild that I'll be leaving WoW. Keep in mind, this is coming from a hardcore raider in WoW: For all I care, ToR can have no raiding content whatsoever, and it will still have more gameplay value than any other MMO out there, because the story-driven quests are so much more engaging than anything any other MMOs offer.

I also expect the subscriptions to only increase as time goes on, and more content gets released. I realize how ridiculous this next statement sounds, but I really do believe this game will cost WoW a staggering number of subscriptions once the annual pass is over, and I expect the US playerbase of WoW to be cut by more than 60% over the next two years due to this game, as I don't think MoP has anything to offer to up the ante. The only thing I can see in WoW's favor right now is Mac support, and I have no idea how much of the playerbase that accounts for.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I absolutely love the SWTOR hype train derailling already, the game alot of people jizzed about before they even played it and the game alot would say will be the death of WOW yet I read more negative than positive about the game, sure WOW isn't perfect but it's playable, I'm reading stuff about SW that sounds like the people behind it are doing a poor job, but I've not played the game nor do I intend to so this is just what I read.

People can talk shit about WOW and Blizzard but the fact of the matter is this, Blizzard are one of, if not the best when it comes to games and that counts for everything, making them and keeping them playable, you only have to look at what they've done with Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft and now WoW, nobody can better them and it seems like whoever made SWTOR is miles behind.

I don't see why every SW post turns into SW vs WOW, fact is at the moment SW is nowhere near as good as WOW and if you believe what you read it never will be, for now SW is a nice change from WOW but give it a few months and the people that left WOW saying it failed to jump ship to SW will be jumping ship back to WOW because the people looking after SW are nowhere near as good as Blizzard, give it time.

I'm not a WOW fanboy nor a SW hater, but I'm smart enough to accept the truth unlike alot of you lot, SW isn't the first game to be hyped up so much and fall flat nor will it be the last, never understand why people defend a game they have absolutely fuck all to do with, did you make the game? do you work on it? no, you play it, that doesn't mean you have to defend it like fucking fanboys, I'm using a logitech mouse and keyboard but that doesn't mean I have to act like some loyalist to logitech and defend them to the hills, alot of the people here need to grow the fuck up.
    Some of the hype was justified

The only MMO to come out after World of Warcraft, and actually be a success for more than 6 months, is Aion. But as NC Soft is a Korean Company, Aion is truly a Korean product, made for Koreans, by Koreans; so it was a big success over there (and still is), but the US Retail version of it was basically just translated to English, so they could make money on box sales. The point to be gained from that is that while we may never see another MMO with 12 million subs, if a good Developer makes one, it can still have a few million, and be a long-term success — BioWare is... well, was generally regarded as a good Developer, and with the financial backing of EA, a lot of us thought they could pull together an MMO worthy of co-existing with WoW (though never killing WoW, obviously)

Anyway, I'm now inclined to agree with you that the hype kind of ramped up, then immediately fell off around SWTOR's release, and it's only a matter of time before the game goes free-to-play, now

buying the game really doesn't mean much. Keeping people playing is where it will count. I know myself and the people in my WoW guild have all stopped playing. It was fun for the first few levels but meh been there done that.

Hope they make some changes and having something new to offer then I'll come check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep things rolling out, I hope that they implement fixes & changes a little faster than they did over the holidays. Once per maintence patch just isn't soon enough when some of these bugs are pretty darn awful.

Anyway - I have really enjoyed the game. It gave me food for thought on how do I want to game today? I'm very close to stop raiding in WoW because I like being involved in a story, I like being involved in my character. Not sure I like scheduling my time around a dungeon/raid any more. I like having the different things to do.

I hope Swtor does well in the face of several big game releases coming out in this year. We have GW2, Firefall, Diablo 3 just on the PC side (I'm sure I missed a few).
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Anyway - I have really enjoyed the game. It gave me food for thought on how do I want to game today? I'm very close to stop raiding in WoW because I like being involved in a story, I like being involved in my character. Not sure I like scheduling my time around a dungeon/raid any more. I like having the different things to do.
    I used to really enjoy levelling characters in WoW - I was a classic altoholic and rarely raided. However, when WoLK came out, levelling got much easier and faster, and started to bore me; that's only accelerated with Cata's changes making lowbies OP and almost unkillable. My last toon, I levelled to 40 without guild buffs or BoAs, and still had no worries. I enjoyed the cata storylines, till I just ran out of steam (and then steamrolled to 85 for raiding), which I continue to enjoy, more or less.

In ToR, I'm mostly enjoying the levelling experience. I'm iffy about the darkside/lightside choices; my character is Sith side (though human), and I *want* to play the character properly to that, but many of the choices just make me feel meh about the character. That, and for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, the combat system feels funky (and I can't stand the UI... but that's another issue that'll presumably get worked on).

It seems though that a lot of what makes ToR special and different from WoW is mostly in the levelling. What do we have to look forward to at max level? Will it also be just hanging around and waiting for raiding? How will that feel any different than WoW?

I'm not asking to be inflamatory - while I play a little bit, I'm not well versed in how the game works except for the parts I've encountered, so I truly would like to know.