Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    For those who are curious, VGChartz is now projecting 1.68 million first-week sales (week ending December 24th). I should note that VGC's first-week estimates are often conservative and are adjusted as more data comes in.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

It was the top-selling game (on any platform, including consoles) that week.
    Nice.. first week sales lol.
    Give it a good few months, and this game will be at half that number.. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Look at what? That a guild got to level 50 within 10 days and cleared the content? Content and a boss fight that looks average even for a game likes warcrafts standards? Just look at the dudes action bar it looks like he hitting 1 button every 2 seconds looks like grate boring EZ mode brain dead fun. Even rift had better end game than this. /facepalm I see nothing epic here.
    I'm beginning to believe you are jaded and hurt, in one month they are pushing out more raid encounters and another heroic...That is a quick turn-a-round...Seems they understand how to create content considering the video you watched that same guild said the nightmare mode was difficult and fun. I have heard several people say they are seeing abilities and mechanics they have never encountered before so the statement to give them time to ramp up raid and end game progression; yeah its valid...And dont bring blizzard into this, you can dance on that spine of that dragon for the next 5-6 months then have at your pandas sir.

OT Awesome hope the community continues to grow.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    This is what i find interesting, being so story driven i wonder how that affects people potentially interested in playing it (or who are already playing it). Every WoW expansion people have complained about questing being boring, slow, long, or just plain hating it.
    I don't do quest in wow if i can avoid it, I love this questing because I can tell the quest giver to f off if i desire, its the immersion that makes questing pleasant
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    You could get a pile of shit and label it as a star wars product and it would probs sell 2 million in a week tbh with ya.

Same goes for sonic and mario games.

Don't troll. - Buckwald
    and Bizzard games. (warcraft fan boys got into WoW, Star Craft and Diablo for more than 12 years).
    Last edited by zahek; 2011-12-31 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    LOL Thats cute. Go read their webpage, they had nothing but positive things to say. Your estimation is sadly meaningless compared to theirs. It's alright though, keep playing Warcraft you people seem to think its okay to devolve any single fucking positive thread that anybody ever posts about this game. Eventually you'll turn on warcraft to and you can go troll their posts for a bit.

Also Deathwing was such a deep fucking encounter btw...
    They all shelled out £50 for the game and subed £8.99 a month and are new to the game ofc they wont say anything to bad about it. I just fail to see whats so grate about this video it does not look all that grate to me. Going back to warcraft just checkout Yog +3, algalon, LK etc etc them fights were tones more interesting to watch than that video and took far longer to complete.

Deleted
    Congratz to swtor (if now the source is reliable)

10+ Year Old Account
    They all shelled out £50 for the game and subed £8.99 a month and are new to the game ofc they wont say anything to bad about it. I just fail to see whats so grate about this video it does not look all that grate to me. Going back to warcraft just checkout Yog +3, algalon, LK etc etc them fights were tones more interesting to watch than that video and took far longer to complete.
    Lots of people have shelled out money for it and you don't have to sub for a month, you don't get charged. They paid their 69.99 or whatever and like the game. Why the fuck is that so god damned hard to believe. Its just so much fucking easier for you people to say to come up with any number of fuckign bullshit theories to explain away X Y and Z. Well their not gonna say bad things, they paid for the game. Wtf is that? plenty of people paid for the game and say bad things. Well the media is all bought and can't possibly be objective? Okay so its a vast conspiracy where the major companies own all the review media and us gamers are just left to accept the opinions of people on forums like this. Swell. Except if you post anything fucking positive about the game at all your a fan boy and must be cast out and not listened to. Lest forum denizens pile on in a gang fuck of negativity. So at the end of the day you've explained everything away and were left with the core that you think the game is bad and any other answer is wrong for the reasons above. I have a simpler explanation. The game is good and people like it.

I'm sorry you fail to see what's so great about it but in the end that's really your loss. TO me it looks awesome and I can't wait. Videos like that always hide alot of the mechanics as well, the perspectives are somewhat narrow. I seem to recall someone posting a list of the boss abilities here. Can you objectively say it looks worse than madness of deathwing?

Mod Note: You really need to calm down. If you thinking someone is trolling or flaming, report them and move on. Do not respond to them. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-31 at 02:42 AM.

Age of Conan also sold 1milion on first month, just saying!

15+ Year Old Account
    yes. you got one thing right in that 'grate' rant of yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Lots of people have shelled out money for it and you don't have to sub for a month, you don't get charged. They paid their 69.99 or whatever and like the game. Why the fuck is that so god damned hard to believe. I'm sorry you fail to see what's so great about it but in the end that's really your loss. TO me it looks awesome and I can't wait. Videos like that always hide alot of the mechanics as well, the perspectives are somewhat narrow. I seem to recall someone posting a list of the boss abilities here. Can you objectively say it looks worse than madness of deathwing?
    It looks better than deathwing granted. I would have expected more though and at least for it to have taken longer than 10 days to complete. It must have took them 7 days to hit level 50 and like 2 days to gear up. So really it took them like what 2 days to clear all the content when they hit max level?

With no casual mode i guess they "want players to see the content" meaning the hard mode is really the equivalent to warcrafts normal mode.

I hope the game does well anyway because it will bring more people to mmo's and some of the other mmo's i play will add more features to keep up all the best to them but at the moment it looks poor from what i can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Traces
    Ball Lightning
    Instant
    Range: 60m
    Soa uses this ability to create Ball Lightning that follows a player and explodes if it gets close to that player.

Have the player kite the ball until it explodes normally away from the raid. Possibly 2 balls summoned in 16-player?

Mind Trap
    Instant
    Soa uses this ability to create a Mind Trap which seals a player in a psychic prison.

Could be either something you DPS to break them out of or maybe just a mechanic to force players to spread out. Not enough information known.

Final Hurl Target
    Instant
    Range: 50m
    This hidden ability allows Soa to random ground target with Final Hurl.

Nothing known from this. Feel free to make wild assumptions.

Force Vortex
    Instant
    Range: 70m

Again nothing known. Speculate again.

Channel Platforms
    Instant
    Range: 100m
    Soa uses this ability during phase three, while he is teleporting down to the next platform.

Shows there is multiple phases to the fight. Maybe forcing the raid to jump or move between platforms.

Channel Immune
    Instant
    Soa uses this ability during phase two, while players deal with his adds.

Awakening From Stasis
    Instant
    Soa uses this ability during phase two, while players deal with his adds.

You can't damage the boss and have to nuke down adds in the second phase. Nothing else known about the adds, or I haven't read it yet. Feel free to input if you know.

Recovering
    Instant
    Soa takes damage from his own final hurl ability, despite being invulnerable.

Again, I don't know or I can't see anything in the DB about final hurl. Any information would be appreciated.

Flurry of Lightning
    1 seconds
    Soa's basic flurry attack is a hail of lightning strikes.

Looks like his auto-attack.

Force Torrent
    Instant
    Range: 70m

Again no information in the tool-tip, feel free to give or speculate information.

Lightning Strike
    Instant
    Range: 25m
    Soa uses this as his flurry in the final round. Originally used as a replacement for chain lightning because he wouldn't use cast times while being kited.

So in P3 he is kited by the tanks, I wonder why he needs to be? But apart from that, this is just the 'auto attack'.

Force Cyclone
    1.5 seconds
    Range: 50m
    Puts the player on a force cyclone taxi path which will drop the player after the path ends. WR - Need to add a mechanic that saves the player if the raid takes a certain action.

Sounds like Valks to me. Dropping someone off the edge unless the raid DPS' them down or does something to stop it.
    Have to give traces credit for this one. This was in beta incidentally, ill have to look for a more current one.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 02:43 AM ----------

It looks better than deathwing granted. I would have expected more though and at least for it to have taken longer than 10 days to complete. It must have took them 7 days to hit level 50 and like 2 days to gear up. So really it took them like what 2 days to clear all the content when they hit max level?

With no casual mode i guess they "want players to see the content" meaning the hard mode is really the equivalent to warcrafts normal mode.

I hope the game does well anyway because it will bring more people to mmo's and some of the other mmo's i play will add more features to keep up all the best to them but at the moment it looks poor from what i can see.
    Except their is a casual mode. How many times do I have to explain this?

Normal SWTOR= LFR WOW
    Heroic SWTOR= REGULAR WOW
    NIGHTMARE SWTOR= HEROIC WOW

Again read their website. They had nothing but good things to say. You can rationalize it all you like, but witness testimonial from people who've actually done the content is far more valid than forum trolling. Now if all you people fucking said from the get go was a bit more god damned rationale and reasonable and yea did it maybe a little bit less we could have reasonable discussion. Instead what we get is every single fucking time someone posts any positive bit of news, any optimistic feeling or general positive note about the game it gets shit on hard. This thread will likely be closed soon anyway and nobody or few people will read this. Futile rant I suppose
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2011-12-31 at 02:48 AM.

that figure, however accurate or inaccurate it may be, almost certainly does not include the preorders
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-31 at 02:49 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Difference is blizzard games are good.

Unlike most star wars games.
    ugh activision = owns blizzard, meaning your saying activisions games are good, most of em are a repeat: As in CoD series, and some other games im pretty sure are very terrible if u dont agree. But ya cataclysm was a "Success" *trollface*

15+ Year Old Account
    I must be the only one whose enjoyment of a game is not directly related to how many other people play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Age of Conan also sold 1milion on first month, just saying!
    Nah, I remember that. They bragged about how many boxes they shipped to the store, but they really only had 700k subs.

So many naysayers...Personally I think this is great. Games can co-exist. Get over it.

The numbers aren't 100% accurate but it's really nice to see any game with so much time invested to be successful. I think we'll have many years ahead of us in TOR! :-)

Difference is blizzard games are good.

Unlike most star wars games.

lol'd (ten characters)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Here in Austin TX theres a Blizzard CS center thats very large here.. I have many people I know who works for blizz-and are avid Swtor players at the moment. They say the game rocks, and I am sure Ill try it when I get some free time. I am one of those all wow type guys too, and seeing as so many of my friends are trying Swtor, why not give it a chance. Lets at least try letting it succeed before saying everything fails etc. They will both exist for a long time-

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I personally am playing WoW, and plan to buy MoP. Coming from a 7 year player I honestly hope this game continues to get better, and possibly far exceed expectations. It's good to have more than one largely successful MMORPG model out on the market it causes better growth and development of other games, and even encourages programmers to work more creatively. I myself beta tested it, and after thinking it over I had invested too much into WoW to honestly be happy playing another game for now.

Deleted
    One complains about people pressing a button every 2 seconds or so... And suggest that because of that, it's not entertaining.. Is it me, or is that the stupidest thing someone could say? Because spamming the 1 or 2 key as a combat rogue in WoW is so much fun? <.<

Note: The comparison was made to show an exact opposite. The combat in SWTOR isn't like WoW, there is no auto attack. There is nothing done for you, what happens is based on what you press. That alone gives reason for a longer duration between button presses. I'm sorry but I still can't understand how pressing buttons rapidly = fun. Perhaps at the age of 21 my mentality has reached a level calmer than the average person with ADHD on this site. Who knows?

1.68 million and my server which has queues still has barely any republic. Awesome!

The SWTOR community manager Stephen Reid (@Rockjaw) tweeted just before early access that VG isn't accurate at all.