Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozens View Post
    The amount of bots is more than a joke than ever... I know dozens of people using bots... i go to uldum... they're all botting.. i go to wisp my friends on my friends lists... they are botting.. half my guild bots too.. where does it stop.... they all bot.. BECAUSE THEY CAN, WITH NO CONSEQUENCE ....BAN them straight off...LET THEM ACQUIRE a new account a make them spend time and energy doing it..... it's retarded using the system which (OBVIOUSLY) isn't working.. get a brain blizzard seriously.. damn Americans, no sense at all. chow for now foolz
    blizz is losing 6300 accounts per day. they KNOW that people aren't gonna buy new accounts. ban people who bot because they don't like wow but still "play" and you end up with bigger sub losses

10+ Year Old Account
    i find the warrior transmog list extreamly lacking. but i already have mine what i want it anyway. so.. no harm no foul

Quote Originally Posted by Lazay View Post
    Not to disqualify anyone's opinions or experiences, but the few times I've reported a BOT, or a player using a bot, they've been banned in less than 2 hours. And I'm not counting with one hand nor two. Not always has it been a permanent ban, but some serious 72 hour bans to players have been given, and most bots were perm banned, and, on second report, permanent banned, and never seen of em again.

I'm repeating myself but, this is my personal experience. Report them, just do it if you want them banned, it'll be hard to get em banned on the first go? Ok, but it'll come. And besides, it's best to solve the problem than patch it by banning people ( who still deserve a ban for using bots ).

(I'm not likely to answer, gotta have some sleep)
    if you're banned and appeal asap, you'll be unbanned with no questions asked. warden doesn't really do much, the bots nowadays are so far ahead of wow that they CAN'T do much. they made a choice to increase subs at any cost a few years ago. they lost control and now it is what it is.

Deleted
    This is outrageous. I keep seeing the same bots for almost half cataclysm, I keep seeing those persons getting rich with playing around on AH, and nothing can be done until patches releases? Damn, now we can wait until next expansion comes! I applaud, bravo! Blizzard is scanning our RAM for commercial reasons, but offcourse cannot scan it for 3rd party bot activity.
    Last edited by mmoc5387b3c10a; 2011-12-31 at 04:07 AM.

correct me if im wrong but only pirox has been shut down and not offering services as of the 25th? pretty sure other botting services havent come to agreements yet.. so.. bots invading swtor yet?

Deleted
    I saw bot services in swtor in beta.... Even other mmo games have the same problems, like Lineage and Final Fantasy. What I want to emphasize is the procedure of blizzard tactical spying our PCs without scanning for bot/3rd party programms, but obviously for commercial reasons/or selling markieting services to other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The shovel model accounts for .09% of mainhand transmogs.
    Because I have been spreading the word!

Join us! SHOVEL FOR LIFE!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

@thtertil: if I were you, I'd stop saying things I know nothing about. It only makes you look like a fool.

Deleted
    Ah, finally reason to quit for good. (I was out for more than half a year, just came back to check out 4.3). The problem with bots is worst than ever and this is their official position on this matter? We don't want to ban them, rather spend few months trying to prevent them from botting.... that's just great. I know a lot of people using bots (for BGs, mining etc.) I reported them many times and yet they are still there happily botting. Two of them got title only by using bot. Thank you Blizzard for making my decision about playing/not playing WoW easier.

Deleted
    I employ you consider the possibility. Mostly everyone can think of themselves of what is truth and faulse for their own. And I kinda like that people like you Znuff,that are intelligent enough to see it Though, I still insist. Blizzard is tactical scanning your RAM. You can watch the activity of your RAM, and it's also being said in the UELA for that kind of scans that takes place on everyones computers. Now, now, think deeper

How to end botters: When herbing or mining, each node you collect puts a stacking debuff on the player that stacks up to, let's say, 50. Once you have 50 stacks of the debuff, it changes into a new debuff causes a CAPTCHA to be displayed when you attempt to gather from another node. This debuff is persistent and totally invisible, and cannot be cleared through any means other than completeing a CAPTCHA. Once you complete a CAPTCHA, the debuff is cleared and you're free to collect another 50 nodes. It's a minor inconvenience for real players, but the improvement in the marketplace for those materials will more than make up for any inconvenience.

To make it fit RPG-wise it could be worked in as some kind of magical runes you need to decipher. Maybe nodes protected by said runes give extra materials also, or some sort of temporary buff.
    Last edited by deathonabun; 2011-12-31 at 05:26 AM.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Class Transmogrification List, Blizzard and Bots

The DK list makes me a sad panda undead. I spent so much of Wrath being broke that I vendored a lot of things I would rather have kept, like the DK starter gear. As intimidating as the rare set is, the uncommon set feels more sinister.

As for warrior, I was hoping to see a bit more variety at the top. There is some awesome plate options, like what Noche is rocking (Warlord's Plate and Nethersteel Claymore).

My healadin is wearing the Lightsworn Garb for sentimentality reasons - back when paladin was fun.

"Blizzard and Bots" sounds like a Broadway piece, hehe.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Deleted
    hey this is a very drunk guy typing here haha btw i got to say most of these "botters" are just players that have rubbish gear trying to get some dated gear trust me ive been there alteast 3 times tho i dont bot because i think im pro ahaha btw ghosty ur the bomb tho i hate hunters/retriderps :P anyway some people are idiots when it comes to wow others make it a laugh so why all the QQ i know u lot pay for the game just like me some stuff is crap but other bits make it run smooth like i swear rogues get more love than any other class's but what ever at the end of the day why pay for a game that makes u cry people work hard on this they cant make every one happy but thats life muwhahaha btw i change from gnome to goblin :P lost some titles / achi points now 3rd in the guild so no coool blizzard anyway sorry if this affends hardcore players but thats my point of veiw was nice attempting to talk like a real human you should see all my red squiggly lines muwhaha thanks if you read this :P im not even sure if this is the right post i just saw bots and decided to ramble on as u can tell anyway bed time for mr drunk here goodnight/morning fellow wow players and hope you had good holidays

and all the while they are "learning how the botting is working" the people using the botting are ridiculously bloating the WoW economy.

Thanks Chaud and mmo-champion for expanding the transmog lists like I requested.

They're going to be very helpful for me personally, and I'm sure it's some good content on the frontpage until the blues get back in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Ah, finally reason to quit for good. (I was out for more than half a year, just came back to check out 4.3). The problem with bots is worst than ever and this is their official position on this matter? We don't want to ban them, rather spend few months trying to prevent them from botting.... that's just great. I know a lot of people using bots (for BGs, mining etc.) I reported them many times and yet they are still there happily botting. Two of them got title only by using bot. Thank you Blizzard for making my decision about playing/not playing WoW easier.
    I quit because Blizzard admits that there's no efficient way to get rid of botters.

Wait, what?
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

I used to bot BGs before I quit and they caught me one time so ya we are actually real players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to bot just like you, until i took a ban too the knee.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

But, but, a mmorpg without bots and trolls is a failed mmorpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    There are bots for every MMO there is out on the market, this is not just a blizzard problem. SWTOR/GW2 will be no exception, people like making money off MMOs. Bots satisfy hundreds of thousands of players who buy gold and do not wish to farm themselves. Yes I just justified botting. Unless you personally can prevent every person from purchasing gold then the bots will never go away.