Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt-Taco-Salad View Post
    htt[SPACE]p[SPACE]:/[SPACE]/en.[SPACE]wikipedia.[SPACE]org/w[SPACE]iki/Star_Wars:[SPACE]_The_Old_Republic#Development

Remove "[SPACE]."

Look under the third heading under "Development." The number is contained within the second paragraph. Sure, my claim was off slightly, but my argument is still unscathed.
    Taco, don't even try - seriously - any post about financials here is met immediately with LOLOL Troll.. The bottom line is this - as many people have said - time will show.

This thread will only serve to feed into the flametastic pyre.

Lt-Taco-Salad two tips for you
    tip 1: dont use ur RL name as ur user name on mmo people mite make fun of you.
    tip 2: when trolling dont edit a wiki page cause once people find out nothing eles u say matters you just some bored person who thinks trolling is fun
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is arguably the most sensible post within the thread. I am very confident that the q4 conference call will lift the curtains on this game. We'll see then.
    It baffles me that you still have the audacity to reply.

You do realize that Swtor has 1million subs at launch because WoW mainstreamed mmo's and made them more widely known. Of course WoW copied and pasted into the star wars universe is going to have an exaggerated amount of people at launch, it only proves hype is hype.

When they can boast 1million plus after 1-2 years then you should care about the numbers. Right now it's just hype, and already 50's are standing around in cities doing nothing, just like WoW.
    Hunter POV Streaming PVE/Arena/RBGS/LFR.
    www.twitch.tv/poorplay
    http://www.own3d.tv/Poorplay
    @obvioustrollz

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't false info, go look at the dang citation presented in the form of foot notes in the section.
    I would, except the line you added has no citation.

EDIT: and it's been since removed anyway, as far as I can see. Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegemeat View Post
    You do realize that Swtor has 1million subs at launch because WoW mainstreamed mmo's and made them more widely known. Of course WoW copied and pasted into the star wars universe is going to have an exaggerated amount of people at launch, it only proves hype is hype.

When they can boast 1million plus after 1-2 years then you should care about the numbers. Right now it's just hype, and already 50's are standing around in cities doing nothing, just like WoW.
    you do know there was a ton of mmo's befor wow right dont get me wrong wow helped but it isnt like it put mmo's on the map. also the wow copied thing is just wrong wow copied a lot of things from EQ and forgotten realm storys but thats a topic for another day.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousTears View Post
    Taco, don't even try - seriously - any post about financials here is met immediately with LOLOL Troll.. The bottom line is this - as many people have said - time will show.

This thread will only serve to feed into the flametastic pyre.
    That's rather unfortunate. It is sad that this kind of a thread, something with a great potential for intelligent discourse, almost always devolves into pure rage and demagoguery. I yearn for the day when we can have an intelligent and rational debate about issues such as this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that subscriptions will decline over time is pretty foolish. I don't think this game will ever get to WoW-levels, because it's a little less casual friendly and a bit more niche, but I think 2 million subs 3-6 months down the road isn't out of the question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    you do know there was a ton of mmo's befor wow right dont get me wrong wow helped but it isnt like it put mmo's on the map. also the wow copied thing is just wrong wow copied a lot of things from EQ and forgotten realm storys but thats a topic for another day.
    He's not denying that. Read it again.

It made MMO's much more mainstream, and it did. EQ never came CLOSE to what WoW achieved and that was at it's best.

Bioware is in some uncertain waters for the moment, and things are looking as optimistic as a M1-Abrams tank would be for a kitten.
    I dunno, if I was a kitten who got my hands on an M1 Abrams... There would be havoc. Glorious, glorious havoc. And no consequences, because I'm a kitten.

OT: There's also the word of mouth thing. I originally wasn't interested in wow until my friends started talking about it, and decided to play it for that. Now I play, and they no longer do. So early adopters aren't a good final barometer for game longevity.
    Last edited by Woceip; 2011-12-31 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Bothering to add something on topic. pfft.

That's rather unfortunate. It is sad that this kind of a thread, something with a great potential for intelligent discourse, almost always devolves into pure rage and demagoguery. I yearn for the day when we can have an intelligent and rational debate about issues such as this.
    Dude you came in here useing big words you dont know how to use with a edited wiki page to bash TOR.

a wiki page u edited

Lets do a math what WOW did
    7 years = 84 months
    lets assume they have 10.000.000 users avarage during these 7 years
    lets assume those users paid 13 dollars per month
    lets assume users paid 39 dollars per each exp39x4 = 156
    I am not even counting the pets,migrates,race changes they charge I will not even bother writing it down
    (156 + 13*84)*10.000.000= 12.480.000.000 = is the money they did on this 7 years (which I assume a way more)
    Lets assume they spent 1.480.000.000 on development of 4 games =11.000.000.000
    Lets assume they spent half of it on servers employees and other expenses = 5.500.000.000

All that money for what? ROGUE>ALL end of story. I no more enjoy raiding (stuck at 6/8 hc 25 man wrank 49th @ this tier -our rank was between 20th-80th during my wow life) No more enjoy Pvp(I have multi glads on my different chars different realms). Pretty much I am done with the game because of this silly Rogue thing. BUT GUESS WHAT? Blizzard again came up with their best marketing strategy to make us pay 1 year upfront for free Diablo 3. Brilliant/clever/fascinating idea)

My point is: Wow made his fans. Starwars universe is as old as story actually way older story than Warcraft. it will made its' profit soon or later.
    Blizzard will never give up their kingdom in online gaming. If they want to screw SWTOR they will release Diablo way faster, but Blizzard does not need it, because they are currently living in a house made of gold...
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we can have an intelligent and rational debate about issues such as this when people start bringing actual arguments to the table, and stop citing links full of of conjecture, biased, made up or unconfirmable data and wiki pages they themselves edited as sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    I dunno, if I was a kitten who got my hands on an M1 Abrams... There would be havoc. Glorious, glorious havoc. And no consequences, because I'm a kitten.
    This post is glourious and approaches signature-worthy levels.

LOL... are you THAT desperate to keep people from buying SWTOR and quitting WoW?
    Well, now I want to try SWTOR.

Posting actual, verified facts to back up your claims would help. Most of us are not gullible enough to just blindly believe what we read on random internet forums. We WILL fact check anything that appears ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dRk View Post
    LOL... are you THAT desperate to keep people from buying SWTOR and quitting WoW?
    Well, now I want to try SWTOR.
    You are mistaken if you believe that a fool wasting ~$79.99 USD angers me. The less money uninformed consumers such as you have, the more incompetent corporations will be weeded out from the free market. Win-win imo.

You are mistaken if you believe that a fool wasting ~$79.99 USD angers me. The less money uninformed consumers such as you have, the more incompetent corporations will be weeded out from the free market. Win-win imo.
    It upsets you to a point where you feel the need to edit wikipedia pages with false info.

Feed the troll.

I don't need your fake numbers, flawed math and twisted logic to make my mind about a game. I play a game for the fun of it. And don't worry, $80,00 and a subscription won't hurt my economies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting mad in your own thread isn't cool bro. Nor is posting inaccurate data.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2011-12-31 at 07:18 AM.