Thread: Need help.

10+ Year Old Account

Need help.

About a week ago I had an issue that I was going to ask the official forums about, so when I went to the official SWTOR site to post my topic I had to log on like all days. The site didn't recognize my computer and wanted me to answer my security question. This was fine as I had written them all down, but upon entering the answer to the security question I was told it was wrong and it wouldn't let me log in. Confused I entered it a few more times only to have my account locked.

I'm not sure why this occurred, but I can only guess I misspelled the answer to the security question when setting up my account and didn't notice when I hit the save answers button. I wasn't really freaking out yet because I figured if I just restarted my browser it would refresh to another security question that I could answer. It did not. Not only that, the game client asked for the security question as well that I could not answer, so I could no longer play the game either.

I decided to contact Bioware's customer support and they told me that if I reset my password it would unlock my account so I could continue playing. That worked on the client and I was able to continue playing the game, however, It still asks me the same damn security question whenever I try to log in on the site. So I tried to contact bioware again and tell them that I still couldn't access my account from the official site, it's been 5 days and they still have not responded.

This is really frustrating, especially considering if the stupid thing would just ask me another question I could get in and fix it, not only that but it also means I can't renew or cancel my subscription to the game or use their forums.

I was just wondering if anyone on the site could offer any sort of help. Thanks.

Sounds like you'll just have to sit tight and let them work the problem out. I would continue to e-mail them about it every other day or so. I could not type nor see guild and party chat for 6 days... and I'm the GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Encarn View Post
    Sounds like you'll just have to sit tight and let them work the problem out. I would continue to e-mail them about it every other day or so. I could not type nor see guild and party chat for 6 days... and I'm the GM.
    Whats the point of them asking me to create 6 security questions if they only ask me the same one over and over again? That's whats frustrating , if the site would just generate another damn question I would have no problem.

Actually, more importantly, why should security questions even matter if I know my freaking password?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the game is new so it is bound to have bugs. Your best and only way to fix the problem is through bioware. I know it is frustrating but that is why it is so important to make sure we enter the security questions correctly. Hope you get it fixed out but I see nothing anyone could do here to fix a bug for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Well the game is new so it is bound to have bugs. Your best and only way to fix the problem is through bioware. I know it is frustrating but that is why it is so important to make sure we enter the security questions correctly. Hope you get it fixed out but I see nothing anyone could do here to fix a bug for you.
    That's the thing though, I don't think it's a bug.