Thread: Fallout 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep the improvements of NV, but keep the environment and story of Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is by far my favorite game of this console generation and the only game to breach my top 5, and I think it was really due to the feel of it. The DC wasteland really felt like an apocalypse... whereas the Mohave wasn't nearly as depressing. It didn't feel like a true apocalypse. Both were great games and I hope they continue their success with Fallout 4 or whatever game they decide to make.... but if Obsidian works on it... please fix your bugs.. New Vegas was worse than Fallout 3 was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I hope they keep the improvements of NV, but keep the environment and story of Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is by far my favorite game of this console generation and the only game to breach my top 5, and I think it was really due to the feel of it. The DC wasteland really felt like an apocalypse... whereas the Mohave wasn't nearly as depressing. It didn't feel like a true apocalypse. Both were great games and I hope they continue their success with Fallout 4 or whatever game they decide to make.... but if Obsidian works on it... please fix your bugs.. New Vegas was worse than Fallout 3 was.
    It wasn't meant to be though, LV and the surrounding areas survived mostly intact thanks to mr. House.

Anyway, I don't understand why people keep saying FO 3 was better than NW. To me, NW had a much better story, much better gameplay and it didn't force the VATS on you. I never used it even once while playing and didn't feel like missing out or the combat being clunky.

Sounds like you never played the original games. Fallout isn't about some kind of super serious post-apocalypse survival horror, and NV captured the feeling of the original Fallout games much better than F3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    It wasn't meant to be though, LV and the surrounding areas survived mostly intact thanks to mr. House.

Anyway, I don't understand why people keep saying FO 3 was better than NW. To me, NW had a much better story, much better gameplay and it didn't force the VATS on you. I never used it even once while playing and didn't feel like missing out or the combat being clunky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Sounds like you never played the original games. Fallout isn't about some kind of super serious post-apocalypse survival horror, and NV captured the feeling of the original Fallout games much better than F3.
    @ Ita Guess it's just personal opinion, but I thought Fallout 3 had a better atmosphere and story than New Vegas, but New Vegas made some game changing changes such as companion kills give XP and companions can't die (thank god).

@ Cakka I haven't played the originals, but Bethesda is making them now. I liked New Vegas, don't get me wrong, I just hope that Bethesda goes back to the atmosphere of Fallout 3. Just because the past games were like New Vegas, doesn't mean the games can't evolve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I never used VATS in New Vegas either but still liked to shoot people in the foot to slow them down or when sniping, target the head. Why wouldn't this work in Skyrim? I mean, if a guard is coming at you too fast, why not shoot him in the knee with some arrows? Or when sniping, target the head, especially if the target isn't wearing a helmet.
    Because then he wouldn't be able to be an adventurer any more. He'd just become another city guard .

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the difference between the two is that obsidian was the studio that worked on new vegas, bethesda softworks was the studio that worked on Fallout 3, see where im going here?

im sure Fallout 4 is going to be more in line with Fallout 3 because the same studio will be working on it. Obsidian does the side stuFF For bethesda, new vegas wasnt so much a sequel as it was a side story.

while bethesda softworks was busy working on skyrim, after the release of fallout3, obsidian did the work on new vegas, now that skyrim is finished they can work on fallout 4
    Last edited by opiaate; 2011-12-31 at 07:58 PM.

Played skyrim over 40 hours in the last 3 days. If fallout 4 is anything like skyrim, sign me up. I never knew how entertaining this style of game could be. I played fallout 1&2 way back when. Contemplating picking up new Vegas now.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Played skyrim over 40 hours in the last 3 days. If fallout 4 is anything like skyrim, sign me up. I never knew how entertaining this style of game could be. I played fallout 1&2 way back when. Contemplating picking up new Vegas now.
    all i can say is DO IT you wont regret it, what is it like 20 or 30 bucks preowned?

Fallout 3 was amazing, but it was really short for questing. You could explore a huge wasteland but didn't have many quests to complete through your travels.
    Fallout New Vegas was a nice game too, loads of quests, nice huge wasteland to explore too.

Tbh, i would love a Fallout where the world wasn't as badly destroyed as it is in the past two games. Big ruined cities, loads of buildings to explore within a short reach of each other. A decent crafting system, weapon enhancements (scopes on guns, minor melee weapon upgrades etc.).

More rare weapons, like boss signature weapons, or rare mob special weapons. Make it worth the trip into a worn out building to find something nice.

Can't wait for a new fallout game though.

Cakka I haven't played the originals, but Bethesda is making them now. I liked New Vegas, don't get me wrong, I just hope that Bethesda goes back to the atmosphere of Fallout 3. Just because the past games were like New Vegas, doesn't mean the games can't evolve.
    It may be evolution to you but me and many others found F3 very generic and boring. It was more Oblivion with Fallout skins than actual Fallout game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    It may be evolution to you but me and many others found F3 very generic and boring. It was more Oblivion with Fallout skins than actual Fallout game.
    I couldn't agree more with you.

Fo3 for me was:
    1)a moral system that didn't make any sense (give water to become a saint o.O)
    2)no really deep quests, no real choices either
    3)horrific plot. To those that ask more about the brotherhood OR the enclave haven't played the originals. The brotherhood WASN'T the paladins that bethesda made them to beand the enclave had infinite resources when it should have been largely destroyed.
    4)black and white setting instead of the gray area that the first two were largely based upon. For example the "archenemy" in fallout 1 had actually a reasoning that you could agree with!
    5)the complete and utter butchering of the special system. Instead of building a character, instead of having choices that mattered, you instead become a god in everything. Perks every level, no negative consequences etc
    6)from the huge quest texts of fo1/2, the game was reduced to what could be reasonably produced with voice acting.

After the (personal at least) fiasco of fo3, I couldn't even bring me to play New Vegas. I played it for a couple of hours then I gave up. Might pick it up thought to see how it fared at least.

IF and only IF bethesda suddenly grew a pair and released a proper RPG, only then i would be psyched about a fo4. Let the game die already. From a cult game, it became a console game. Talk about disrespecting the dead!

I will probably collapse when they release the Fallout 4 trailer. Fallout 3 was one of the best games I've ever played and New Vegas was a solid semi sequel. My beef with NV was how boring the Mojave was compared to the Capital Wasteland and the storyline just seemed meh. That being said I loved how they improved the companion system (They can't die but instead collapse in combat), the fact that all companions return the main player house, the ammo making system and the weapon mods. So basically have a story and setting similar to Fallout 3 and combine the game play mechanics of NV and we have the perfect Fallout game.

As for setting, I want to see the world right after the Great War. I want something dark and gritty similar to The Road where everything is in chaos and there are no established cities and towns. Imagine if you are a soldier for the U.S in the year 2077 and the first mission is where the bombs go off.

Anyone else getting the feeling that the world of Fallout is getting too damn civilized for their tastes ?

Personally, I'd like to see a Fallout 4: New Paris...

Just imagine the ruins and wastes of Fallout set to the backdrop of 50s and 60s French romanticism. Instead of Louis Armstrong and Will Rogers, you get umm... whoever sang 'Somewhere, beyond the sea...'

I could just imagine the BoS (or similar force) trying to establish a dominating presence, while 'The Hero' arises and can choose to support the establishment of a unified and 'peaceful' government, or individual resistances with differing idealogies that may end up breaking down into conflicts of their own again soon enough.

THAT... is the game i want to play... not one where I'm forced to deal with NCR politicians.