10+ Year Old Account

Netgear Wireless Receiver Issue!

Im using this in my house to receive a connection from my router. It usually works fine, but it always has moments like this where it will be stupid and not work. It will randomly shut off and not come back on till I restart the computer. It doesn't matter if I unplug it and plug it back it, it wont come back on until a restart is done.
    It lasts 30min-2hrs at this time, but it gets kind of annoying when it keeps having to shut down. Does anyone have a solution to this? I really want to fix it.
    (Power saver settings are not allowed to turn USB's off).
    I have tried re-installing it too, nothing has worked. Can't seem to find a solution. This is preventing me from dungeoning / raiding because right before a queue pops it will shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems most likely to be a driver issue.

Unplug the wireless receiver,
    Uninstall the drivers,
    Reboot machine,
    Install fresh drivers from the netgear website,
    plug in wireless receiver when prompted or after install finishes.
    Reboot again.

Using the software on the CD that came with the device isn't ideal, as they will often be out of date before you even buy it, nevermind a month or two down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Seems most likely to be a driver issue.

Unplug the wireless receiver,
    Uninstall the drivers,
    Reboot machine,
    Install fresh drivers from the netgear website,
    plug in wireless receiver when prompted or after install finishes.
    Reboot again.

Using the software on the CD that came with the device isn't ideal, as they will often be out of date before you even buy it, nevermind a month or two down the line.
    I did that, I installed Version 3.0 like I was instructed to on the site, unless there is a newer version (which I am not aware of) then I guess it's my fault.
    Issue still has yet to be resolved. Died IMMEDIATELY after 2-manning Onyxia with my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had this issue once before... But with a wired connection, problem is I don't actually remember how I fixed it. Chances are it was a re-install of the OS. Out of interest do you have another network adapter you can test for a few hours? or the ability to run a dual boot system?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had this issue once before... But with a wired connection, problem is I don't actually remember how I fixed it. Chances are it was a re-install of the OS. Out of interest do you have another network adapter you can test for a few hours? or the ability to run a dual boot system?
    Time to sound like a scrub.
    I have 0 idea what a Dual Boot system is, and I do not have another network adapter. I REALLY want to fix it. I wasn't even on for 5 minutes and it shut down.
    It seems that it wont die if I just run chrome but the moment I run WoW it screams "NOOOOO!" and shuts off.

10+ Year Old Account
    A dual boot system is comprised of 1 physical machine with multiple Operating Systems loaded.

If you only have the issue in WoW then I would suggest disabling the options:
    "Optimise for Network Speed" and
    "Enable IPv6 when Available"

10+ Year Old Account
    A dual boot system is comprised of 1 physical machine with multiple Operating Systems loaded.

If you only have the issue in WoW then I would suggest disabling the options:
    "Optimise for Network Speed" and
    "Enable IPv6 when Available"

I just disabled Optimize for Network Speed.
    I think that should help.
    How would you like to be rewarded? Money, women?... Men?
    :3

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 12:34 PM ----------

:/ No luck. It still dies out. It seems to last a little longer though.