Thread: Turn off Story?

Turn off Story?

I see a button called Turn off story... does it just turn off the RP in quests? Anyone checked this option yet? ANY IDEA WHAT TO DO?!!?!?

BTW, I am at work and did not have a chance to try it myself yet.. I MUST KNOW!!

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 12:39 PM ----------

Still want to know the answer to this! I must know!.

What? That doesn't sound like a real thing.

Deleted
    So you are at work and can't test it, still you see the button?

Look it's a troll!

Let's not feed it!

Well let me explain it a little better less troll like... My Co-worker and I both play He told me about the button this morning While I was already at work... Either I am getting trolled by him or I am genuinely interested in knowing what the feature of this button is!

Quote Originally Posted by d1zzle23 View Post
    Well let me explain it a little better less troll like... My Co-worker and I both play He told me about the button this morning While I was already at work... Either I am getting trolled by him or I am genuinely interested in knowing what the feature of this button is!
    sounds like you got trolled.

i looked all over the Preference and i have not seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such button, I'm sure your friend was just having a laugh with you. It would be rather hard to turn off the story in this game as they've woven it through most of the different playstyles. Turning it off would cut out too large a part of the game.

Deleted
    I imagine how the pitch must have went if somebody did suggest such a feature: "Hey guys, I have an idea for a feature that will basically undermine a 3rd of our budget and the only redeeming feature our game adds to the genre."

SWTOR without story would be like WoW without gear.

Umm; the button does in fact exist. I've not checked it myself because I happen to enjoy the story, but from what I've heard from others, it just pops up a dialogue box with the basics of the quests (what you'd normally find in the log after accepting).

Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    Umm; the button does in fact exist. I've not checked it myself because I happen to enjoy the story, but from what I've heard from others, it just pops up a dialogue box with the basics of the quests (what you'd normally find in the log after accepting).
    Where is the button! which tab.

You can skip the intro movies, that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    Which button? I just went through my preferences and hovered over a few things that looked like they may skip the story, the only one I found that might do it was something called "Skip Movies" but that seems to only count for the start of the game with the intro cinematic. I tested it by grabbing a quest after I clicked it on and I still had the normal talking situation.

As far as I can tell I can't see any such option to skip stories. I'll keep checking...but for now I really just don't think it exists.

There is a button that says "Skip Cutscenes." That skips the character creation movies and the new character intro (the scrolling Star Wars text). However, there is nothing that turns off the conversations. That would be quite silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d1zzle23 View Post
    Where is the button! which tab.
    legacy level 20 unlocks the button.