10+ Year Old Account

Can't Start Deus Ex: Human Revolution

So yesterday I downloaded Deus Ex: Human Revolution from Steam. It took a while so I paused the download and started again this morning. When it finished I tried to play and it came up with "A fatal error has occured while playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Please refer to the ReadMe file for information which might help you solve the problem, or contact Square Enix costumer support."

Under that says "Show Extended Information". I click on it and it says "Wrong DRM version data 0, code 15rebuild of pc-w\shaderlibs\ingamedisplay."

I have no idea what's going on and I already sent them an email. It says that they only respond between Monday and Friday, so I have to wait for them to get back to me. I really want to play this game so can anyone help me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope I don't come off as trollish, but google is your friend. Usually if you are having a problem, then someone else has had that problem and you can usually find a solution on google. If you don't find it, then I would come back and ask here.

Google yields no results for the search other than this post. I always assume that people have googled it, and always google things myself to try and help then out.

OT: It might suck, but you will prolly have to re DL it from Steam. Pausing the DL might have corrupted some of the files (dumb but ive had it happen before). While u wait for Monday to roll around, Id just reinstall it and see if it fixes the problem.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Deleted
    A quick google and this comes up:

"A standard fix for Steam game ills is to right-click on the game in Steam, select Properties, click on the Local Files tab, and click the button that says "Verify Integrity..." This will make it do a quick check of all the game's files. With any luck, it will download a corrected version of something as a result, and you will be good to go."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    While we are at it; Is there a way to fix it's dlc "Missing Link", the load time is insane and it lags a lot unlike the original.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back from Best Buy and I did the validate thing. It says 4 files failed the test. And now we play the waiting game...

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 01:33 AM ----------

Well now it's starting, but once I select my difficulty mode it crashes again! Hooray!