Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    That was my point with those fights. Of the few fights where you actually have the time to use it twice I think H Yor'sahj is the only one I can think of where you can use doomguard at two points where he is useful. On Madness yes you can use it early but it serves no purpose other than to pad meters.

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 08:46 PM ----------

As a final post on this thread I just hit the dummy for a bit to get a sense of scaling and I'm not even sure the Demo mastery affects the Doomgaurd anymore. If it does it's not by much. I ran a doomguard in destro and he did about 380k, in demo (no meta, no MWC) he did 450k, in demo (meta, no MWC) he did 457k, and demo (meta, with MWC) he did 470k. The difference between destro and demo damage could easily be caused by the extra 20sec you get from Ancient Grimoire and the damage differences betwen the demo tests could easily be the difference of a crit here and there.

In short I stand by that MWC is no longer powerful and the slight dps increase of your Doomguard does not outweigh the dps benefit any level DS trinket will give you.
    Sure doomguard only does 40% more as demo but you didn't even include the 2 minute meta with 23% more damage. It's not just the doomguard that makes demo strong, its the 2 min burst phases.
    Last edited by Brauhm; 2012-01-03 at 12:46 PM.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    > that makes demo strong, its the 2 min burst phases on demand.

Here, fixed that for you. Control and planning is where the true power lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykezs View Post
    I can tell you would be a lovely friend to have IRL.

Me: Would you like a beer?

You: OFC I WOULD LIKE A FRICKIN BEER YOU ASSHOLE, HOLY CRAP PUSSY FUCKER DIPSHIT
    i just can't stop laughing, my sides probably got tears... srsly that was hilarious

i still use the MWC with a 395 item level. if you check wow logs many of the top players in the world are still using MWC.

also, i always beat dpsers with the same gear level regardless of their class. (using the MWC)

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I swear...what is wrong with warlocks these days.

SIMCRAFT YOUR MOTHER FUCKIN CHARS WITH DIFFERENT GEAR TO MAKE SURE.

Just an example: I got LFR WoU. Simmed H VPLC+MWC, H VPLC+LFR WoU, and MWC+LFR WoU.

Surprisingly H VPLC+LFR WoU came about 100 dps ahead of the second place setup which was MWC+LFR WoU then H VPLC and MWC was a good 400 ish behind if I remember right.

So I want to make this clear to every freakin warlock so they don't bring up stupid conversations about shit that isn't needed here.....
    USE SIMCRAFT AND TEST GEAR HOLY CRAP

great post here. he really gets into the details of perfecting your dps. perfect down to 1 dps.

It's the best impression of Kaubel I've seen outside of Elitist Jerks.

MWC wont be replaced till you get Heroic Dragon Soul Trinkets (410+), only 397 trinket that sims higher is Cunning of the Cruel.

@Harsesis - You are giving out some bad information man, Doomguard with MWC is easily over 700k damage.

Also I would advice against pure Mastery builds for the following reasons: simulations only show a few hundred dps loss going Haste>Mastery, Hagara and Spine have 15 second "windows" where you need to pump out as much damage as possible, and Haste will win in multidot situations like Warmaster/Zonozz/Madness. (Reference to Heroic Modes)

This is my experience check out my numbers on Raidbots.com if you would like to see what a haste build performs like, Amateratzu - US Kel'thuzad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I swear...what is wrong with warlocks these days.

(snip the rage)
    Dear lord sir, he asked a question, many people can be helpful without this kind of over-dramatic ridiculousness.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!