Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wanted to say System Shock 2 and Deus Ex 1.
    But I'm not sure how to treat them.

On one hand they were rated very highly in many games magazines.
    On the other not many people played them or even knows them.

And they are one of the best games I ever played.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I wanted to say System Shock 2 and Deus Ex 1.
    But I'm not sure how to treat them.

On one hand they were rated very highly in many games magazines.
    On the other not many people played them or even knows them.

And they are one of the best games I ever played.
    They're basically legendary among PC gamers who played them back then, and I, as somebody who really doesn't know crap about old PC games, know them, so, no, I don't believe they are either underrated or unpopular.

Deleted
    Thief series
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
    Mirrors Edge - there sure was some hype around this but all in all ppl doesn't seem to appreciate it enough

Deleted
    Transformers: War for cybertron multiplayer as in no one plays it but they should cause it rocks

10+ Year Old Account
    I've hardly ever heard of Dark Souls when I bought it, but, after learning to deal with the difficulty, it ended up being really fun.

Blur is extremely fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Rune Factory Tides of Destiny.
    Oh snaps, I didn't know anyone else knew about the Rune Factory games. I was going to say this one also.

And as of a couple days ago I started playing Dungeon Defenders, it's pretty fun.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinyyen View Post
    Oh snaps, I didn't know anyone else knew about the Rune Factory games. I was going to say this one also.

And as of a couple days ago I started playing Dungeon Defenders, it's pretty fun.
    Yeah, the games are horrendously underrated, but they are so addicting and enjoyable. Same goes for Harvest Moon.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-01-02 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    We've all heard about modern warfare 3, BF3, TOR, Skyrim and Assasin's Creed.

What about those games that you haven't heard much of ? Those hidden gems ?

I've been disappointed with some mainstream gaming review websites that seem to downplay some really good games; and then there's games that are received well by critics; but those that largely pass under the radar of mainstream gamers since they get buried under the marketing and hype machine of other heavyweight AAA titles.

In essence "underrated games".

Here, I'll start; most of these are from last year:

Alice: Madness Returns
    Serious Sam 3
    Rayman Origins
    Dead Space 2
    Arkham City
    LA Noire
    Mirror's Edge
    Metro 2033

I've been relying far too long on major review websites like gamespot or IGN to tell me what I should like; so now I'm going on a spree to find such games.
    I'm not so sure you can call all of those 'underrated'. Particularly titles like Arkham City and LA Noire.

I've been playing Gray Matter lately, no one else here has probably played or even heard about it, and it's awesome... so it has to be underrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    World of Warcraft.
    Someone said it!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Sonic Generations, best sonic game in decades. Response from gaming community: meh...

Definitely Dark Souls. I wouldn't call it underrated, but it definitely doesn't have nearly as much of a spotlight that other games like Skyrim have. I personally find it to be a better RPG than Skyrim, and I think it's sad that it didn't get that opportunity to shine. Probably because it isn't nearly as casual-friendly, which eliminates a lot of the potential playerbase, but hey. It is what it is.

Deleted
    I guess Anno 2070 and Blade Kitten is 2 atleast i feel is quite underrated.

Sid meiers pirates, AIX 2.0 for battlefield 2, two worlds, civil war generals 2

Killing floor, critical reception wasn't that great but a very enjoyable zombie shooter nonetheless.

Spacechem. Brilliant puzzle game hamstrung by the fact a lot of people don't get how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Anno 2070. I've hardly heard anything about it.
    It's a great game with great graphics and great gameplay.

Deleted
    Duke Nukem Forever

it has about 5/10 on metacritic, and lowest scores i saw on it was even 2/10. I think no game really deserves this low score, and definetly not DNF, it had long campaign, good performance, decent graphics and crazy multiplayer. Just because it wasnt perfect doesnt mean you can give it lowest score.

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 04:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Spacechem. Brilliant puzzle game hamstrung by the fact a lot of people don't get how it works.
    thats fail on dev's side, not the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pompa View Post
    Duke Nukem Forever

it has about 5/10 on metacritic, and lowest scores i saw on it was even 2/10. I think no game really deserves this low score, and definetly not DNF, it had long campaign, good performance, decent graphics and crazy multiplayer. Just because it wasnt perfect doesnt mean you can give it lowest score.

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 04:16 AM ----------

thats fail on dev's side, not the players.
    No, it just means it doesn't appeal to a lot of people. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, if no game deserves the lowest score, why does the lowest score exist?

Bulletstorm. Holy hell, this a shooter with an emphasis on fun and creativity, with lame ass side humor on the side. It's like it was made for me specifically @_@.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

10+ Year Old Account
    i bought nuclear strike a psone classic off the ps store.. its one of the sequels to desert and jungle strike, fun game.