Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druid(s); the best farmer(s)?

Last edited by Requimortem; 2018-01-18 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    well, yup.

what more, TAUREN druid is even more imba with his passive to gather herbs, so if you're in horde...go for it!

They are the best farmers. But the problem is, once you level a druid, you'll fall in love with it,
    and change proffs to something with better perks, and then you have to level a new farmer again.
    It happend to me :P

You're gonna love leveling a druid, it's fast and effective with hardly any downtime and you can solo just about any group quest, just make sure you're leveling as feral for instant queues as tank for the dungeon quests, it's gonna be much faster.

Once you hit 85 you really won't have to use any of the combat mechanics, as you'll be mining and herbing :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Flight form, root, & hibernate. That's what made me make my gatherer a druid. My opinion, is that it's worth leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

Quote Originally Posted by sp2danny View Post
    They are the best farmers. But the problem is, once you level a druid, you'll fall in love with it,
    and change proffs to something with better perks, and then you have to level a new farmer again.
    Haha, no. That will never happen. I hate their lore, I hate the races, I hate their spells/abilities, I hate everything about them. The only reason I was even willing to tolerate it was for the ability to save time while farming.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    well, yup.

what more, TAUREN druid is even more imba with his passive to gather herbs, so if you're in horde...go for it!
    Nah. I used to be Horde... but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Sorry. I had to say it at least once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sp2danny View Post
    This is why I have 4 max level Druids.
    2 raid toons (I have all 4 specs covered)
    and 2 farm toons for Herb, Ore, Leather
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

No doubt. Easy farming in Vashjir, easy farming in twilight highlands.

Horde has almost instant herbing, alliance has NE with shadowmeld-> instant flight form.
    Owlkin is in my eyes the best talent tree, quick roots, if there are several mobs and you can shadowmeld typhoon, herbing/mining, flying away.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    They're a dull class with obnoxious mechanics that require way more effort than what I'm willing to put in
    damn those classes with more than 3 buttons!

OT: if i remember correctly you cant mine from flying form (because you need to use an item to mine; thats what blizz said at least) but the gains from not having to mount up every time is really awesome. in addition if you get aggro, you can just shadowmeld and fly aways

ps: dont farm in an area with a tauren druid. even if youre 50% done gathering, they can steal it from you because it takes them like 0.5sec

I don´t like Druids either (especially since they took all-time-cute-dancing-tree-form away from us..). But I do have my 85 Druid and love to farm herbs with it. It´s insanely fast, you can fly in, herb (espcecially if a Tauren) extremely fast, fly away. Any mobs/players can just stay on the ground and watch you fly away with the herbs. You don´t have to dismount/up mount, you don´t have to clear an area of mobs around the herb. You just fly in, pick it, and fly away again.

If it would be possible, I would "profession-change" my Druids Alchemy with my Mage Mining to be the ultimate farmer :P But Mining is still easier to farm with a non Druid, cause most of the mines (like in Uldum) are at the outer side of the map, away from mobs. Herbs on the other hand are normally in a bunch of mobs. I farmed today over 1000 herbs for flasks (to get the 25man cauldron for my guild). It was definetly faster to farm as a Druid then as a non Druid. Also the aquatic-form is sweet to have for Azshara's Veil in Vashj'ir.

To sum it up. In my opinion it is easier & more relaxing to farm with a Druid, cause everything can just stay on the ground and fight eachother, but not you :P

If you need a herbalist, and are horde, Tauren Druid is pretty much the ONLY way to go. Being able to herb in Flight Form + the Racial Gathering Speed increase is disgustingly OP.

If you are planning on both Herbing and Mining, then a Paladin might have a slightly greater advantage over the long term, since Crusader aura will make you the fastest you can be while flying. I vaguely remember someone a long while back doing a bit of napkin math and concluding that if you have to do a LOT of flying, then the speed boost from Crusader counterbalanced the time loss from needing to remount, but only up to a certain point (in an area where nodes are highly cluttered, the more often you stop to gather, the less overall benefit Crusader gave) however, I think this was done back when it took 3 seconds to mount, so it might be a greater advantage now.

Deathknight is also another option (i think they still have a talent that increases mounted movement speed, not sure tho)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    ps: dont farm in an area with a tauren druid. even if youre 50% done gathering, they can steal it from you because it takes them like 0.5sec
    Can't steal nodes anymore, once a person begins to herb it it gets tapped. Think that change happened in 4.2ish, though it might have been 4.1.

Anyways, druid flight form can skin while shifted (but you have to be on the ground completely) and herb while shifted (at any level.) They cannot mine while shifted.

So since you want to do herbing/mining (for your two main profs) a druid is an okay choice, but I think a paladin might be the better choice for the sake of 'sader aura on the ore. Remember that it takes more ore to get to max level and to craft than it does herbs.

So it comes down to whther or not you care about the 1.5s mount casting time. And (for druid) if you're failliance like you say you are, go nelf. Shadowmeld.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Druids in general are awesome.
    Tauren in general are awesome.
    8)

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elf rogue is a thing to go then--stealth--sap pesky mob and if some horde attacks you--vanish/shadowmeld---kk thx bye bye.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Can't steal nodes anymore, once a person begins to herb it it gets tapped. Think that change happened in 4.2ish, though it might have been 4.1.

Anyways, druid flight form can skin while shifted (but you have to be on the ground completely) and herb while shifted (at any level.) They cannot mine while shifted.

So since you want to do herbing/mining (for your two main profs) a druid is an okay choice, but I think a paladin might be the better choice for the sake of 'sader aura on the ore. Remember that it takes more ore to get to max level and to craft than it does herbs.

So it comes down to whther or not you care about the 1.5s mount casting time. And (for druid) if you're failliance like you say you are, go nelf. Shadowmeld.
    So if we're fail Horde than we go Tauren?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Well... this doesn't really help me. Obviously I'm not just in this for the herbs but I'm not looking to farm just ore either. So which is it? The paladin? Or the druid? I would prefer the paladin if only for the fact that I detest playing anything that isn't a Human/Blood Elf (Goblins are decent too) but my druid is nearly level 30 and I'm not keen on making new characters. I had two choices in the beginning, death knight or druid. The former I figured because I would already be at level 55 and could easily get to 58/59 within an hour or so and that would help eliminate the tedious grind from level one to then. The latter because of aforementioned reasons but now a paladin is thrown into the fray? I definitely need help before this drives me insane.

Deleted
    No brainer. Druid. Herbing in flight form is a thing of beauty and when you used to be able to steal nodes it was the one thing that made herbing fun. Landing and stealing the node before the ally knew what happened was funee.

I did some Googling and came across a poll (about 1700 votes) which was asking what the best mining class was.
    Druid was leading with 25% of the votes.
    Paladin at 21%
    Death Knight at 14%
    (Poll was about a year old, though...)

I also found a forum post from September 2011, which said that when herbing in a concentrated zone, a Tauren Druid would save a theoretical minute every 17 gathers. That was with a 3 second mounting speed, though.. Now, you have to gather even more to save that one minute. Especially if you aren't Tauren.

Personally, I'd go with Druid. No matter the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Leveled a druid as alt + gatherer.
    2 months later I found myself playing it more than my priest and rogue, decided to swap mains late tbc.
    Now I have 250 days played on my druid and im still not bored :s

my main is a druid, my gatherer a hunter. went BM for the mount speed, and i have a pet to hold aggro on mobs near nodes while i mine it, or i can FD.

that said, if i didn't feel like leveling another druid on the same faction was a waste, i probably would have a druid as my farmer. flight form is amazing, as is stealth.