Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    It's just "cool" to hate Nickelback, like it's "cool" to get drunk and act an utter twat etc.
    Nah, I was hating them before they were even popular. When they got radio play here in Canada, I hated them then, which makes people who didn't hear them till they landed on MTV a bunch of posers :P

Nah but seriously, I have hated them since the dawn of their existence.

how did the hipster burn his tongue???

he ate his food before it was cool.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfried View Post
    It is, it seems like something "cool" that people do nowadays. Then again, it happens the same To Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber (not that I like them >.<)
    This seems to be the case more than anything. A vocal group started hating on it, and people just jumped on the bandwagon.

Deleted
    All their songs sound alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    And if that emotion is a never-ending "I want to have sex with this girl", it qualifies as bad in my book.
    This about sums up my view of Nickelback. That and the fact Kroeger isn't that great of a singer because he has NO RANGE at all.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-01-02 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm cant agree that they sound all the same. In radio i heard only the "nice" songs but i liked them anyway so i bought the CD and was kinda surprised what they really sound like (kinda badass).

they do soft ballads thats what runs on radio most of the time but they have other songs too... for example one is about stalking a certain girl, one is about *** in the car one is about hitting guys that talk to "his" girlfriend ...

Anyway Animals is my favorit track
    Last edited by Uriel; 2012-01-02 at 12:05 AM.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably not the first nor last time this opinion has been expressed, but i feel strongly enough about it to express it again anyway.

If a professional athlete put such a bare minimal effort into their sport of choice, they would not be celebrated like such an uninspired band like Nickleback.

If a painter, or a writer, or someone of virtually any craft or trade put that kind of elementary half-assed effort as bands like Nickleback put into their corporate rock; they would be out of a job very quickly.

Why make the exception for Nickleback?
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm i like Nickelback and hate football...
    so liking football and hating nickelback is quite logical in my opinion...
    and I can understand when hardcore football-fans dont want them in their turf...

every type of music is hated by somebody... and as long as they dont make a fuss about their opinions... im ok with this...

Their music is not bad. Unfortunately, "Not Bad" starts to be a new kind of music, where bands use every single populat scheme already used in rock before, and mix it up. Easiest thing to be done. Nickleback is just one of the most popular among those.

To be honest, all the hate is unnecessary. There are many way musically/comercially worse bands. And the scheme they are using was shown to have its good ways in certain examples (Foo Fighters, who took similar route in rock, but expanded it). The "every song of theirs sounds the same" argument fails when you get to a band lik AC/DC (one of my favourites) and try to find any real differences between albums:P

There is a trend on hating on that band, with good reason. It's not the band itself but the position they've risen to with the boring music they producem at least that is what my opinion is. But don't fear, they and Justin Bieber will be forgotten by the general mass in the next 5 years.

I find them dull, but I don't have actual hatred for them, they're just another boring band to me. I've certainly heard many worse bands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    The singer. He kills any potential the band has a whole. His lyrics are all the same in every song, his vocal range never changes, and I just plain out don't like how he sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhSXZwvDH8

That came on the radio a while back and I really got into the intro, I was like "Who is this? I like it". Then the singer came on, I sighed verbally, and changed the station. I just feel he's not talented in any way =\
    It's excact the opposite The singer is what makes that band. It's hated by people for the same reasons as Justin Bieber; people are jealous about the girls and money the guys have. Music? Incidental as long as the frontman is hot and has a voice that will sell.

^ generalization I know, but his sound is great and he can sing at his own vocal range. People have different opinions, but this is just another case of internet sheep.

ps: I rarely listen to Nickelback myself

Only ever listened to one song from them, and I thought it was quite good, and fit the amv I was watching pretty decently.