Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

RF Gurthalak vs. Normal Slicer

Hai MMO.

So tonight Experimental Specimen Slicer dropped, and being as no one needed it I have it in my bags and am unsure if it will be better than the Raid finder version of Tentaclespawner.

I'd be gaining crit, mastery, a small amount of str and a red socket, but looking at logs the tentacle(s) did the following DPS.

Yor'sahj: 9.8k
    Zon'ozz: 17.8k
    Hagara: 10.9k
    Ultraxion: N/A (was tanking!)
    Warmaster: (was also tanking)
    Spine: 11k
    Madness: 15.7k

So I'm wondering if the upgrade to stats is going to be more of a damage output from the tentacle procs.

are you sure your tenticles did that much dps? they usually do like 6k tops
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

The tentacles probably did that much DPS while they were active, not overall
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    The tentacles probably did that much DPS while they were active, not overall
    Yes, that's their active DPS as represented on logs (obviously overall it's slightly lower).

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    are you sure your tenticles did that much dps? they usually do like 6k tops
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...one/?enc=kills

Just show pets.

Probably do a spreadsheet to find that out. First impulse is the 397 slicer > 390 gulthalak simply because it has higher top end damage and more strength, but the only way to know for sure is to run the numbers and see exactly how much dmg the tentacles from the weapon do on average.

10+ Year Old Account
    You choose burst over sustained. The LFR Gurth proc is amazing, if you can get it to proc. The normal Slicer has higher damage and stats.

Honestly, my dream setup for my warrior is one or two Gurths, a Bone-link Fetish, and a Vial of Shadow. My "more practical" setup would be one-two Slicers, Creche, and an Eye.

Procs that do things besides buff stats are so much more fun than just going through the motion (rotation), but only as long as they don't effect your rotation.

Also keep in mind Ghostcrawler didn't do his sweep of nerfs yet, so expect the proc items to take a big hit.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-01-01 at 11:00 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

forgot to answer the question, the LFR gurthalak is much better than the normal slicer, just as the normal gurthalak is much better than the heroic slicer
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

outside of the fact that it is better for dps. It is a lot of fun. Ever have 5+ Tentacles up at a time? SOOO MUCH FUN!

Deleted
    I don't know how you guys manage to get the procc to be good. For me the tentacle is barely doing 2% out of all my damage per fight when I tried it. Whats the secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Fajer View Post
    I don't know how you guys manage to get the procc to be good. For me the tentacle is barely doing 2% out of all my damage per fight when I
    tried it. Whats the secret?
    Press more buttons? honestly 2% per fight you can get that by autoattacking
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    Press more buttons? honestly 2% per fight you can get that by autoattacking
    As its my OS I dare to say I pressed enough buttons since I held my ground extremely well against the regular dps. I even came in second on our Morchock HC kill (:

Quote Originally Posted by Fajer View Post
    As its my OS I dare to say I pressed enough buttons since I held my ground extremely well against the regular dps. I even came in second on our Morchock HC kill (:
    Your doing something wrong, tentacles are anywhere from 8-18% of damage depending on luck

Heroic Slicer vs LFR gurthalak ? how far are they appart

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Heroic Slicer vs LFR gurthalak ? how far are they appart
    Very far apart.

Heroic Slicer is significantly better and also much more consistent.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Very far apart.

This is flat out wrong. Either your numbers are off or you didn't do any calculations and are simply trying to eyeball the Slicer's stats vs Gurthalak's proc. The proc alone is worth 5-8k dps depending on how lucky you get which easily trumps the better weapon damage and stats of the Slicer. You can check the numbers on EJ if you don't believe me. Here is a quote from the thread:

There is no further testing necessary on LFG or Normal Gurthalak. Repeat, no further testing necessary. It is hands down our best in slot weapon by an obscene amount. Even the LFG version beats other Heroic Dragon Soul weaponry.

^ what Kinmaul said.

Honestly they should just make this sword a legendary cause its that good.

Deleted
    Well if the LFR version is that godlike I'm expecting some nerfs in the near future.... /jk I hope not, my paladin alt neeeeeeds it xD

Deleted
    Very far apart.

i am much more likely to folow this than the fact that a lfr weapon is beter the non-tentacle gain and reliablilty to burrst when you actualy need to burst and not have 3 tentacles up during a slow dps phase ( kiling bloods waiting for that 9th to spawn)

i would take reliablilty and damg when i want it over rng tentacles when it's heroic vs lfr.

that said i have normal version so i will be using it until heroic tentacle as it's my Of-spec

Very far apart.

Yeah..... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    i am much more likely to folow this than the fact that a lfr weapon is beter the non-tentacle gain and reliablilty to burrst when you actualy need to burst and not have 3 tentacles up during a slow dps phase ( kiling bloods waiting for that 9th to spawn)

i would take reliablilty and damg when i want it over rng tentacles when it's heroic vs lfr.

that said i have normal version so i will be using it until heroic tentacle as it's my Of-spec
    You wouldn't attack enough to warrant 3 tentacles during that sort of a slow dps phase anyway, save for miracles performed by the RNG gods.

But even in the case of necessary burst like on Spine to burn the tendon and perhaps Hagara during Focused Assault, those are the only times your idea of "reliability" is needed.

If somebody thinks they have more consistent burst during these short, short phases by using a weapon with stats on it rather than the tentacle proc, then they can whip up macros for it and swap weapons during these phases, and switch the weapon back to Gurthalak for the tentacles during the rest of the fight.