Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    'unplayable'

You will not be missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly never even noticed this. Valor Rank 50 here, and it hasn't disrupted my PvP at all. I have my list of complaints, but this is not on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magjee View Post
    'unplayable'

You will not be missed.

No im sure i wont, but i will defend my use of the word "unplayable" until i am blue in the face.

Example -

- I am low on hp
    - I run away from an enemy
    - I want to stun the enemy
    - I cant select the enemy because when i turn the camera behind me, it automatically (at speed) turns itself behind my character again, facing forwards
    - I stop so i can turn the camera around and select the enemy
    - Enemy catches up with me, i die

I was not able to use an ability without manually bypassing a broken camera system. Thus, that feature of the game was "unplayable".

For a game to lack a camera system that is incomplete at best, completely broken at worst and have a monthly fee is utterly unacceptable.

I WANT to enjoy this game.

Broken camera systems do not make me pay a monthly sub.

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I honestly never even noticed this. Valor Rank 50 here, and it hasn't disrupted my PvP at all. I have my list of complaints, but this is not on it.
    And what class do you play?

Melee right?

Thought so.

Regardless of what you play, and putting the targeting problems aside, not being able to view the battlefield properly whilst you are running forwards is still unacceptable.
    Last edited by mmocb7de2a42c6; 2012-01-02 at 03:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magjee View Post
    'unplayable'

You will not be missed.
    I miss him.. your comment is invalid.

The game needs people who can objectively point out its faults
    Last edited by mmocbd4889aa48; 2012-01-02 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powersoul View Post
    I miss him.. your comment is invalid.

The game needs people who can objectively point out its faults
    As far as these forums go and the official swtor forums for that matter, we DO NOT suffer from a lack of people doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micmacmo View Post
    And what class do you play?

Melee right?

Thought so.
    I've mentioned this in other threads, but Gunslinger actually. Your powers of observation have no hold on me, mortal.

Deleted
    I've mentioned this in other threads, but Gunslinger actually. Your powers of observation have no hold on me, mortal.
    Ok fair enough.

Now, with your obvious divine godliness, tell me this.

Without stopping, and whilst you are running forwards, how do you select enemy's that are behind you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok fair enough.

Now, with your obvious divine godliness, tell me this.

Without stopping, and whilst you are running forwards, how do you select enemy's that are behind you?
    I swing my camera and press tab. It's very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Angusm View Post
    Try that in real life -- target something behind you while you run away from it and face away from it. See how well it works. Just because something is different from WoW does not mean it is broken. It just means that it is different.
    I can't, although I must say that I always thought the my real-life targeting system was a bit buggy.

Deleted

And when you swing your camera around and press tab, you have to hold down mouse button 1 or your camera swings back round to behind your character making you unable to see your enemy.

Thus, when you let go of mouse button 1 to use an ability that is on another mouse button, you lose complete sight of the enemy because the camera decides to take control of itself instead of letting the player control it.

This means you cant tell if someone else has done something to him and you are out of danger, or if you quickly spin your char round 180 style whilst jumping forward, use an ability, you can not tell if that ability has stopped him in his tracks or if he is chasing you again.

It's a flat out bad, broken, incomplete and "unplayable" camera system that lacks the basic features of all other MMO's.

Deleted
    This is what I'm doing and while it works it's still kind of shit. Earlier I had an assassin and a knight chase me I wanted to turn and root the knight but had to tab twice to select him.. it only gets worse in small areas like hutball where it decides to tab target the random guy below me.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip whine whine snip
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was so severely difficult to hold down a button. I hold down mouse 2 btw. You can also auto run and make it easier to swing your camera. Unless you're for some reason a clicker, I am honestly baffled how this is such a big deal.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was so severely difficult to hold down a button. I hold down mouse 2 btw. You can also auto run and make it easier to swing your camera. Unless you're for some reason a clicker, I am honestly baffled how this is such a big deal.
    Please post a video of you kiting 2/3 mele around because I would love to see how you do it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly a game breaker. Minor irritant at worst. And it really only affects (slightly) PvP imo.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slanderize View Post
    Lmao, all these people who cried at people playing Wow for saying these exact same "Bye bye" things, "Oh you're a fanboi, I'M BRINGING A LEGITIMATE CONCERN TO THE DEVELOPERS AND ALL THESE FANBOIS DO IS SAY QQ!!!" "FUCK YOU FANBOIS WOW SUCKS AND YOU NEED TO ADMIT IT!!!"

Now whenever someone complains about anything related to SW sucking... we get the same... shit... just man.
    I read your post. Scratched my head. Took a dump while thinking about it. Came back. Read it again. I now realize that you have trolled my brain harder than almost anyone else has on a forum without even trying. I STILL don't know what to make of this post, it's like a trying to make a paradox with tunafish and gravy.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Try changing the direction in which your char is running while you're looking behind yourself. Unless you're for some reason a keyboardturner, I am honestly baffled how this is not a big deal.

Deleted

Because needing to use tab AND holding down a mouse button to see and select means -

1) You lose the ability to use that finger for pressing an ability
    2) If you let go of the mouse button, the smart camera system automatically loses your ability to view your enemy and you are blind to him again
    3) If you have 2 or more people behind you, you lose control of which enemy is selected when you hit tab

Not having the ability to auto run forwards, turn the camera backwards, and have control of selecting the correct enemy behind you is just..............meh. Broken.

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Try changing the direction in which your char is running while you're looking behind yourself. Unless you're for some reason a keyboardturner, I am honestly baffled how this is not a big deal.
    I should of added this to point 4).

Thanks for pointing this out too.

4) You are unable to change the direction of your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powersoul View Post
    Please post a video of you kiting 2/3 mele around because I would love to see how you do it then.
    Not specifically what you asked for, but I do have a video: Clicky

I have no trouble controlling my character. What I do have trouble with is dealing with ability delay and the tab key sometimes not working. The game is far from perfect, but I have yet to find the camera to be such a large concern.

Ninja edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by whiner
    Because needing to use tab AND holding down a mouse button to see and select means -

1) whine
    2) whine
    3) whine
    My base attacks are bound to my mouse, but even so I don't understand what you mean about that. You have FOUR fingers to use on your keyboard, brah. I recommend that you use them.

Deleted
    Ninja edit:
    My base attacks are bound to my mouse, but even so I don't understand what you mean about that. You have FOUR fingers to use on your keyboard, brah. I recommend that you use them.
    Why am i not allowed to have the option to use FIVE like every other MMO gives me?
    Why does SW:ToR have to be that unique snowflake that breaks my ability to use all the finger that the good Lord gave me?

And why do you perceive my constructive criticism as whine.

There is a cold hard logical fact here - EA/Bioware turned on "smart" camera, and decided to not give the player an option to turn it off.

Why do that? It serves no purpose than to p**s people off that do not like "smart camera" systems. It's lack of attention to please a portion of the playerbase which makes this game annoying.
    Last edited by mmocb7de2a42c6; 2012-01-02 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why am i not allowed to have the option to use FIVE like every other MMO gives me?

Why does SW:ToR have to be that unique snowflake that breaks my ability to use all the finger that the good Lord gave me?

And why do you perceive my constructive criticism as whine.

There is a cold hard logical fact here -

EA/Bioware turned on "smart" camera, and decided to not give the player an option to turn it off.

Why do that? It serves no purpose than to p**s people off that do not like "smart camera" systems.

It's lack of attention to please a portion of the playerbase which makes this game annoying.
    I'm slightly tipsy from leftover New Years beverages, but all trolling aside: at which point in other MMOs do you utilize all five fingers? We must have entirely different playstyles, because at most I'm using two or three. Almost all of my character control is done with the mouse. I even jump with my mouse, and use spacebar for nukes (usually) instead. At no point does it ever become a hassle to move my pinky a quarter of an inch to hit the tab key.