Deleted

Zone populations

What are zone populations like for you?

I'm on Ludo Kressh, which is listed as Heavy. On average though, there's only ~5 people (inc. me) on Hoth at 40...which is pretty much par for the course for the last four levels/planets.

Everyone seems to be in Fleet - PvPing or AH'ing, or being social (how dare they!), or on Coruscant. Is it perma-newb effect, or has everyone gone Imperial!

I'm most interested in what it's like on the Full/Very Heavy servers. Am I just in the wrong place, thus missing out on all the action? I can't imagine what it must be like on the Light servers...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that imperial side outweighs the repub side most of the time.

I'm on Iron Citadel with my Juggernaut, and pops there are through the roof.

In Bondar Crystal Repub side, this numbers are much smaller.

Deleted
    Hmm I might have to make an Imperial char then. At least that's one plus reason for trying out an alt server (and there's my easy Republic backup if I get into queues).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Sitting on my Trooper at the moment in Nar Shaddaa, this is one of the few times where we actually have a good amount of people in this zone, 51 at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on Space Slug which is one of the most populated PvE servers on west coast (it is always full during peak hours and will have 5-20min queues). There were around 25 players on Hoth last night, about the same number of players in the previous zone. I think the republic fleet had around 120 players camped around at the same time. I am not certain what the imperial vs republic ratio on my server is but imperial side is a little more populated than the republic.

I play empire on Coluud Corridor. It's listed as standard. After level 25-30'ish the zones were so low populated that I didn't get a chance to do any heroic quests or flashpoints anymore on my way to 50. 2-4 people per zone, sometimes just me alone (esp. after lvl 40). Granted I sorta rushed it but that doesn't explain why even the low level zones (lvl 20 or so) were low populated, level 20 is very fast to reach even without rushing. I'll give it a couple of weeks and then see if I really did end up playing on a "dead" server. /forever alone

I've been thinking about rerolling to a different server but then all my legacy and credits would be lost.

Coruscant = 150-200 People
    R. Fleet = 50-80 People
    Taris = ~100 People
    N. Shaddaa = ~50 People
    Tatooine = ~50 People
    Alderaan = ~20 People

At peak times; Republic side of The Razor (US-PvE)

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Just averaging what I saw when I randomly checked the top left corner while my characters were at said levels.

Levels <-> people per planet
    01-10 <-> ~100
    11-20 <-> ~90
    21-30 <-> ~60
    31-40 <-> ~40
    40-50 <-> ~5
    Not counting Illum

I think a lot of people are dropping their characters at about level 30+ when enemies start to get a bit more beefy and levelling gets a bit slower. Or well, not exactly dropping them, but they check out the other different classes. And then there's those that already got their level 50 with a set of PvP gear and are waiting for the rest of the guild to catch up and thus are offline or twinking.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2012-01-02 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you checking how many instances there are? Instead of having 500 people in the same zone, having to up respawn timers, people having to wait quest items, blah blah, it splits people up into different instances. I'm on my alt in instance 2 of Balmora with 200 people and I can't go to 1 because it's full, on a heavy pop server.

Normally you can switch(and it tells you who's there) to meet up with party/guild/friends. I have no idea what the cap is, probably depends on each zone. But when you have map up look at the lower map(world map) and it should tell you if you are separately instanced.

I was seeing only 50-75 people in my zone as I was leveling my 1st char thinking a lot of people weren't on for some reason, then realized there were multiple instances of my planet.

Never seen more than 2 instances except during early access on a 50 minute queue server. My current server feels a bit like in the middle of nowhere :P

e.g. the "100" on 1-10 is when I was in instance 2 and swapped to instance 1 for the H2+ quests and went from 34 to 71 people in the zone.

Kind of expected when you outpace the leveling curve. I think most folks are sub 30 still, or maybe a few levels past, so once you get to Quesh and Hoth the population drops like a rock.
    Yub Yub

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Are you checking how many instances there are? Instead of having 500 people in the same zone, having to up respawn timers, people having to wait quest items, blah blah, it splits people up into different instances. I'm on my alt in instance 2 of Balmora with 200 people and I can't go to 1 because it's full, on a heavy pop server.

Normally you can switch(and it tells you who's there) to meet up with party/guild/friends. I have no idea what the cap is, probably depends on each zone. But when you have map up look at the lower map(world map) and it should tell you if you are separately instanced.

I was seeing only 50-75 people in my zone as I was leveling my 1st char thinking a lot of people weren't on for some reason, then realized there were multiple instances of my planet.
    No instances in the high level zones - they're only generated if pop gets above a certain load. I think what Nye's suggesting, ppl re-rolling from fatigue for instance, is probably the most likely reason. But seeing as there's no-where else to level thru the story (aside from Flashpoints/PvP), unlike WoW or LoTRO where ppl are adventuring all over the place, it's a bit weird to see less than a handful of other players in the zone. Hoth sure is a lonely, cold place when there's nobody else around. Lucky we don't need to group

It's not very lively on the Republic side of things, but the zones I've been to on my Empire character are bustling.

15+ Year Old Account
    On my server it feels completely empty on the high level planets. When I was working to 50 last week I would be shocked to run into anyone from Balmorra onward. Seems to always be 20-50 people on the Belsalvis range planets when I go there and do the world boss now. The low level planets have a ton of people though so I'm guessing it is just people taking their time to level. There were hundreds of people on Tython when I made my JK two days ago and even now on Nar Shaddaa I actually have to wait for respawns on some of the quest mobs like the bonus series end ones. I have logged onto the Empire side only once and there were way more people over there so I'm sure it will pick up in the coming weeks as people are actually getting near max level.

Everywhere I play there's lots of people in Dromund Kaas/Coruscant but few people anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by starchuck View Post
    What are zone populations like for you?

I'm on Ludo Kressh, which is listed as Heavy. On average though, there's only ~5 people (inc. me) on Hoth at 40...which is pretty much par for the course for the last four levels/planets.

Everyone seems to be in Fleet - PvPing or AH'ing, or being social (how dare they!), or on Coruscant. Is it perma-newb effect, or has everyone gone Imperial!

I'm most interested in what it's like on the Full/Very Heavy servers. Am I just in the wrong place, thus missing out on all the action? I can't imagine what it must be like on the Light servers...
    50 is the minimum I saw at 3 am on tatooine most of the tiem there is above 100-150 person ineach zone. Higher level zone will have less people because average joe is in the 30 bracket with main toon and since everyone is tryign everything (almost) people dont level so fast, I have 2 alt already and split my time on 3 toon because I want to have funand not bother with end game right now I just havea blast with everything....killign a 50 in huttball CHECK

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RushLimbaugh View Post
    I've noticed that imperial side outweighs the repub side most of the time.

I'm on Iron Citadel with my Juggernaut, and pops there are through the roof.

In Bondar Crystal Repub side, this numbers are much smaller.
    Iron citadel was a beta server, and is oen of the most heavy server right now. I am playing on firkrann crytal imperial side for pvp server and its always heavy and there is always lots of people, and my pve server (which I play republic) Is always very heavy or full and is also amazingly full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starchuck View Post
    No instances in the high level zones - they're only generated if pop gets above a certain load. I think what Nye's suggesting, ppl re-rolling from fatigue for instance, is probably the most likely reason. But seeing as there's no-where else to level thru the story (aside from Flashpoints/PvP), unlike WoW or LoTRO where ppl are adventuring all over the place, it's a bit weird to see less than a handful of other players in the zone. Hoth sure is a lonely, cold place when there's nobody else around. Lucky we don't need to group
    That's exactly what I said. And Balmorra is a mid to high 30s planet and was instanced, and my Hoth also had 100+ people on when I was leveling my main at peakish time(8ish).

With the holidays and it being a new game it's not surprising people aren't over playing to max. Tbh, they will probably have to trim down the servers. Like rift, pre-release and right at release most of the servers had wait times so they added servers. Now that everyone isn't rushed to be on every single night they will have to trim it down. There are 78 people on my Hoth right now.

Even when there are a ton of people on though, on planets with a lot of instanced quests it seems quiet, which is a big thing in the higher levels.