compressed air question

So I've played around with compressed air before, sprayed it on people, had it sprayed on me...it builds up as a really cold liquid. I know it's used to clean dust out of computers. But is it safe to clean out my alienware laptop keyboard? I've got random bits of food (I know..gross) under the keys etc. Could I use it to spray on the cooling fans under it as well?

Also..could I use it to clean out my xbox? What would I do? Just spray it in the vented areas? Do I need to take it apart at all or just spray like 3-6 inches away and move it around so as not to buildup the liquid.

Thanks guys!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The frozen liquid should only come out if you hold it upside down. If you hold the can right side up while using it, you can spray it just about anywhere without worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you put that liquid on a shallow pool of water, it will freeze it on contact. I used to work at a party store, and we'd play around with foghorns in the water fountains.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Yeah the liquid acumulates at the bottom it doesnt come out like that. You should open the xbox so the dust can come out, not sure if you'll void warranty though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's fine. Make sure it's off. The frozen liquid should evaporate. I sprayed some on my GPU by accident with no adverse effects. (The GPU, not the graphics card.)

haha sounds sick regarding the water thing, may have to try that when I'm done! Thanks a ton guys for all the help!

This stuff will clean much better compressed air, or any other method I've found.

Cyber Clean Cleaning Putty

It has the consistency of Gak (if you're old enough to remember that stuff). You press it into your keyboard, inbetween the keys. It lifts out all the gunk and dust. I bought some pouches of it on clearance at Target of for like $0.90. I only bought 3, and wish I had bought all of them.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    This stuff will clean much better compressed air, or any other method I've found.

Cyber Clean Cleaning Putty

It has the consistency of Gak (if you're old enough to remember that stuff). You press it into your keyboard, inbetween the keys. It lifts out all the gunk and dust. I bought some pouches of it on clearance at Target of for like $0.90. I only bought 3, and wish I had bought all of them.
    that looks...interesting, never heard of it before. I don't quite get how it can get between the keys and not break apart and just make a mess haha. I'll look into it though thanks mate!