MSI 570 or MSI 560

Hey guys I am pretty new to computer builds (As if you don't hear that everyday) and was wondering which of these graphic cards are worth the buck. Of course the 570 will be better but is it really worth more money for the price on Newegg. Thanks for the help in advance and the links are down below to the corresponding Newegg page.

MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC ---> newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127582&Tpk=msi%20gtx%20570

vs

MSI N560GTX-Ti 448 Twin Frozr III PE/OC ---> newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127615

The GTX560 Ti 448 is the best bang for your buck IMO! Overall the 570 is just 5% better.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    The GTX560 Ti 448 is the best bang for your buck IMO! Overall the 570 is just 5% better.
    You can also clock the 560 Ti to 1Ghz if your ambient is low and you won the silicon lottery.

With GTX 560 Ti (no matter if the original or 448), you will be having the maximum, 60 FPS with Ultra settings in WoW.

If you are playing other brand new games at 1920x1080 or higher resolution, I would rather take AMD Radeon HD 6950.

I would suggest the 560. In my opinion the 570 isn't worth the price/performance ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    With GTX 560 Ti (no matter if the original or 448), you will be having the maximum, 60 FPS with Ultra settings in WoW.

If you are playing other brand new games at 1920x1080 or higher resolution, I would rather take AMD Radeon HD 6950.
    Generalizations for the lose. There are very few specs out there playing WoW steadily at over 30 or 40FPS during 25MAN raids let alone playing with Shadows on Ultra with a GTX560Ti, specially without knowing the CPU in question.

Regarding the OP, the GTX560Ti/HD6950 are hands down, the best back for buck cards available. Absolutely Kings of performance for the price they cost (~200€ here in Portugal).

For World of Warcraft I wouldn't necessarly say that the GTX570 is a better option than the GTX560 because quite frankly it isn't. WoW isn't really a game that requires extreme graphics processing to work, rather a top notch CPU.
    Now say you pretend to keep the GPU for an additional 2 or 3 years or the furthest you can while also effectively playing other games, obviously the GTX570 will come ontop of both the GTX560Ti (448 cores or not) or the HD6950.

So taking this into account, you can decide what to pick.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't think the 560 Ti 448 is worth it, it feels too perfectly placed in the middle of the original 560 Ti and the 570, by NVidia. Honestly, if you are looking at them both, just go for the 570, or hell, if you don't need to get a new GPU immediately, even wait for the 6xx/7xx series that should be out in a few months time or so.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If price is a concern, 560ti 448, in this case, is definetly more worth it.

Deleted
    MSI Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III

Flash the bios and OC. Now you got yourself a 6970 with nice cooling system, and saved yourself $90
    (about the same performance as the 570 you linked, but alot cheaper!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    MSI Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III

Flash the bios and OC. Now you got yourself a 6970 with nice cooling system, and saved yourself $90
    (about the same performance as the 570 you linked, but alot cheaper!)
    Actually, most 6950s have long since been fixed where this cannot be done. Please don't suggest that people can still necessarily do it, AMD said they fixed it - several months ago.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Actually, most 6950s have long since been fixed where this cannot be done. Please don't suggest that people can still necessarily do it, AMD said they fixed it - several months ago.
    I know of that, but I read the card reviews and most people that mentioned it seemed to be able to do it, the last one being only five days ago. So I think it still works most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not count on it. The amount of people who get 6950s who can't do it likely dwarf those that can. You're only reading the folks who have been able to do it, no doubt.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Yea, I guess it's kind of a gamble to buy the card. If it works, you get a (slightly) better card than the 570, but if you don't you get one that's slightly worse than the 560 ti w/448 cores

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Produ...33.234.235.238

Seems to me that the 6970 and 570 trade blows about equally, so slightly better? No. I'd say in the grand scheme of things, they are equal, however in different games one will be better than the other. Same goes for the 6950 and original 560 Ti, I don't need to link that chart too, do I?
    "A flower.

Seriously, dude. The HD 6950s were fixed. Only luck is going to let you flash the card to the HD 6970, as it would require randomly obtaining the card from an old batch. This is ridiculously unlikely given the fact that MSI Twin Frozr and DCII are the most popular cards by a mile.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're looking at an expensive 570. I know the TwinFrozr is a great setup, but I picked one up from Galaxy for $289 about a month ago, cheaper then most of the 448 cards were at the time.

Deleted
    Out of the two, I'd pick the 560 Ti personally, although I'm not a huge fan of the new 448 version personally. In my opinion, the jump in price doesn't justify the performance increase between the two. If you have the money, I'd suggest the Radeon 6970 over the GTX 570 actually, partially because the 6970 offers slightly better performance but mostly due to the larger vRAM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Seriously, dude. The HD 6950s were fixed. Only luck is going to let you flash the card to the HD 6970, as it would require randomly obtaining the card from an old batch. This is ridiculously unlikely given the fact that MSI Twin Frozr and DCII are the most popular cards by a mile.
    Just get a card which still has a bios switch (sapphire and club3d for example) and you can try it. Both of these cards also have a dual fan cooler so shouldnt be that much of a difference, altho i think the MSI/ASUS still have the better cooler.
    I even read somewhere that some of the sapphire or club3d cards come with the 6970 bios on the second bios xD