Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hitting 2005 haste and keeping high mastery.

So would it be viable for me to replace one of my trinks for bottled wishes so i would hit the 2005 haste mark, while also keeping my mastery at 2200.

I've seen a couple people say that after 916 bench, haste its essentially useless unless you hit the next tick, so would i be better off reforging it to crit?(since i can reforge into mastery)

I do 10man Normal raiding atm, but will if all goes as planned start killing heroics this week.

My toon is slikvik on frostmane

It appears that i have not made it clear in my post. Im talking about Resto sorry for confusing people
    Last edited by slikvik; 2012-01-03 at 06:04 AM. Reason: confusing

Impossible

Even with BiS gear there is no way you will ever see 2k mastery with 2005 haste. Sorry. Highest I have seen is someone with 2005 haste and about 1480 mastery. As for anything after 916 is a waste let me give you a bit of an insight. Because of blizzards awful itemization this tier most of the loot has haste. Meaning the closest you can get to 916 haste will probably be about 1.1k or maybe even 1.2k when you have all 397. That being said it is a huge waste having that extra 200-300 haste. That is why like myself and other shamans we have sucked up our pride and gone to haste builds and reforge anything left to mastery. I still maintain the same amount of healing if not more to be honest. I just hated swallowing my pride to do it.

My lack of awareness tonight >.< I forgot I had just gotten DW weapon and I have 2 crit pieces so it is possible.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2012-01-03 at 06:23 AM.

im sitting at 1775 haste and 2200 mastery at this moment with both INT trinkets. If i replace my 378 trinket for Bottled Wishes i reach the haste mark and not lose any mastery

i have 2009 haste and 2248 mastery now
    but i dont think you should go for 2005 with that vp trinket

Quote Originally Posted by slikvik View Post
    im sitting at 1775 haste and 2200 mastery at this moment with both INT trinkets. If i replace my 378 trinket for Bottled Wishes i reach the haste mark and not lose any mastery
    Let me look at your armory. I am confused.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 06:05 AM ----------

You are logged out as ele please log out as resto as I would like to see your stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Let me look at your armory. I am confused.
    Yeah its as Resto not ele

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 11:07 PM ----------

[/COLOR]You are logged out as ele please log out as resto as I would like to see your stats.[/QUOTE]

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by letzrock View Post
    i have 2009 haste and 2248 mastery now
    but i dont think you should go for 2005 with that vp trinket
    Link to armory please. How low of spirit are you running? I have no idea how you can reach that. I am at a loss for words. I can only hit 1390 mastery with 2005 haste and im in pretty decent gear.

wont let me link yet. It should be updated to me in resto though. I run with 2200 spirit

Link to armory please. How low of spirit are you running? I have no idea how you can reach that. I am at a loss for words. I can only hit 1390 mastery with 2005 haste and im in pretty decent gear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esehoof/simple

2900 spirit w/ tsunami stacks

Yeah its as Resto not ele

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 11:07 PM ----------

[/COLOR]You are logged out as ele please log out as resto as I would like to see your stats.
    Done.[/QUOTE]

Rocking no criit gear I see. Very hard to do I also see that you don't have the DW weapon which is what gibbed me off 115 mastery/haste. Just better itemization in general I see.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 06:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by letzrock View Post
    Also rocking no crit gear I see. I guess I need to drop mine. After I look to see what piece it is. Weapons however will make you sad when you lose that mastery or haste. On topic to your original question never swap your primary stat like intellect for a secondary one for haste. Just reforge a bit out of mastery you should still have 1700 or so which is more than I can say. Going to reforge my gear and drop those damn crit pieces.

Impossible

Even with BiS gear there is no way you will ever see 2k mastery with 2005 haste. Sorry. Highest I have seen is someone with 2005 haste and about 1480 mastery. As for anything after 916 is a waste let me give you a bit of an insight. Because of blizzards awful itemization this tier most of the loot has haste. Meaning the closest you can get to 916 haste will probably be about 1.1k or maybe even 1.2k when you have all 397. That being said it is a huge waste having that extra 200-300 haste. That is why like myself and other shamans we have sucked up our pride and gone to haste builds and reforge anything left to mastery. I still maintain the same amount of healing if not more to be honest. I just hated swallowing my pride to do it.
    I have 2008 haste 2109 mastery. So totally impossible at 389 ilvl.
    (Alch trinket helps, though if I had your Heart of Unliving, I would drop A LOT of spirit)

Also, 2005 point is actually not strong, so you judge haste on it's own too.
    Last edited by Weerra; 2012-01-03 at 06:22 AM.

O wow I have my ele relic locked to my damn resto spec plus it has a fucking epic gem in it. Amg I fail so fucking hard now I have to reforge... I thought I was so cool getting exactly 2005 haste. Atleast this talk helped me find a dumb mistake by me.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 06:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    I have 2008 haste 2109 mastery. So totally impossible at 389 ilvl.

Also, 2005 point is actually not strong, so you judge haste on it's own too.
    Yea I forgot how low spirit some people go. I guess im going to go for 1800 spirit from now on.

okay then i guess we can go for it, nice!

Yea I forgot how low spirit some people go. I guess im going to go for 1800 spirit from now on.
    Yeah, and with your trinket it would be some ~2500. Very respectable number.
    (I actually have just around 200 less raw gear spirit than you )

I've seen a couple people say that after 916 bench, haste its essentially useless unless you hit the next tick, so would i be better off reforging it to crit?(since i can reforge into mastery)
    It's not that haste is a bad stat up to some awesome breakpoint, it's that haste is mediocre up to the breakpoint, which itself is mediocre. Wasting 1100 rating on an inferior stat just to get a breakpoint that won't increase your healing enough to compensate is simply a bad deal. Stick with the usual stat priority:
    • Intellect > enough spirit > 916 haste > mastery > crit > more haste > more spirit

In the current tier you're unlikely to be able to hit 916, and will probably end around 1100-1400 haste. That's okay. Don't worry about the next breakpoint unless you're landing at 1800+ while sticking to the above. The solution to "some of my itemization is wasted" is not "I should waste more of it". It's not really wasted either way, as haste is not a bad stat, it's just that the other stats (excluding spirit once you have enough) are better.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

The haste point of 2005 is for another Riptide tick. Ask yourself this: How much more healing does the Riptide HoT do with a single additional tick, and how much of your overall HPS come from that one, small tick?

Yeah... Riptide is our worst breakpoint spell and the RT HoT is one of the most insignificant sources of healing we have. If you're at 1850-1900, it's worth it to push to 2005, but it's pointless otherwise.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but haste affects more then just that riptide tick. Its also cast time reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Yes but haste affects more then just that riptide tick. Its also cast time reduction.
    If we are talking about resto healing difference between 916 and 2005 haste is 0.2 sec - which is about the time it takes you to blink ( even if u try very fast ). And it is easy to guess when next large dmg spike will occur so try to precast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It's not that haste is a bad stat up to some awesome breakpoint, it's that haste is mediocre up to the breakpoint, which itself is mediocre. Wasting 1100 rating on an inferior stat just to get a breakpoint that won't increase your healing enough to compensate is simply a bad deal. Stick with the usual stat priority:
    • Intellect > enough spirit > 916 haste > mastery > crit > more haste > more spirit

In the current tier you're unlikely to be able to hit 916, and will probably end around 1100-1400 haste. That's okay. Don't worry about the next breakpoint unless you're landing at 1800+ while sticking to the above. The solution to "some of my itemization is wasted" is not "I should waste more of it". It's not really wasted either way, as haste is not a bad stat, it's just that the other stats (excluding spirit once you have enough) are better.
    so then essentially it would be safe to say to reforge my extra 800 haste into crit and it would be better for me at this point in time according to my gear

I dunno. I think haste builds tend to be stronger for 10m and weaker for 25m.