Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How much will it cost for me to buy gw1, how many expansions do i need to buy etc?

How much in total would it cost me to buy Guild Wars 1? I might would want to try it out to see how the awesome game of awesomeness started. Do i need to buy ALL the expansions etc to play?

Arena Master and LK10HC realm first.
    Plougløl - Skullcrusher 85 Elemental Shaman

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be a waste of money unless you had the disposable income to just burn, in which case, I have a paypal account that is accepting diaper/college fund donations for two beautiful children. =D

tl;dr Wait for GW2 and enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need them all, Each game is separate(Except Eye of the North). You can buy one, then get the others whenever you feel like it, just add them onto your account

Currently on steam, you can download the 3 for $29.99, then the expansion for another 20, may be able to find better prices elsewhere.

Well I believe buying the complete game (expansions included) is today nothing more than about 25euro's..
    But I would recommend buying it, if you actually like the game itself, because there is no real advantage of playin' it for Gw2. Other than ofc the HoM which itself will also take you quite a bit of time. Oh and perhaps the lore if that's what you are interested in.
    Last edited by Blazer; 2012-02-14 at 04:16 PM.
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

Deleted
    Offgamers.com have it for about 16-18€ for all 3 and then 9€ for EotN. You get no boxes though, but it's cheap!

Deleted
    if from europe, it will be 20-25 euro for the trilogy, or around 9 euro each.
    For the latest expansion thats not included in the trilogy (Guild Wars - Eye of the North) it will be around 10 euro aswell.
    On steam u can buy the trilogy for 30 euro and 15 euro for Guild Wars - Eye of the North

I would also recommend to wait for Guild Wars 2 as the gameplay looks different, might be wrong.

Guild Wars => Guild Wars Factions => Guild Wars Nightfall => Guild Wars Eye of the North is the order of expansions
    Last edited by mmoc095b964c75; 2012-02-14 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Amazon: Trilogy + Eye of the North = $37.15 (shipped)
    If you really want to get ready for GW2, get both the books (GoA + EoD) too = $54.13 for 4 games and 2 books (shipped)

I bought all 4 through steam (2 expansions+EotN) if only to support Anet with some additional funding and morale support

I believe in financially backing a company with a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ploug View Post
    How much in total would it cost me to buy Guild Wars 1? I might would want to try it out to see how the awesome game of awesomeness started. Do i need to buy ALL the expansions etc to play?
    You can buy all 4 (like I did) for 30 bucks instead of doing the ncsoft thing of buying 3+1 for 50. Just buy from an outside source like gamestop.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Don't play it, you'll think less of Arenanet.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Don't play it, you'll think less of Arenanet.
    I consider it more difficult and more entertaining then WoW ever was.

But thats my opinion

cwutididthar

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I consider it more difficult and more entertaining then WoW ever was.

But thats my opinion

cwutididthar
    If spending fifty minutes on a map only to die and being forced to start all over is your idea of challenging fun, more power to you.

I prefer not to have broken keyboards and mice.

If spending fifty minutes on a map only to die and being forced to start all over is your idea of challenging fun, more power to you.

What bothers me most about the game is not being able to jump and having to walk around stuff (small cliffs, fences etc).
    But i guess what you said happens at higher lvls, i've only died at the start somewhere and got teleported not far from there.

cheapest I've seen in the us is $30 for the complete collection at gamestop.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't die then, it may not be fun, but it definitely adds another layer of challenge.

Well that's the challenge then isn't it? like most games you have to start over when you die.

Well that's the challenge then isn't it? like most games you have to start over when you die.
    Only pointlessly sadistic games. I cannot even think of a game released in the last ten years that would nullify an hour of progress after a death without save-points or midpoints of some sort.

Only pointlessly sadistic games. I cannot even think of a game released in the last ten years that would nullify an hour of progress after a death without save-points or midpoints of some sort.
    God forbid there be a game that's hard.

God forbid there be a game that's hard.
    i chuckled abit. I love when games are hard, though sometimes i enjoy some casual peacefull game, thats why i like games like gw2 cause you can have both.

Anyways for you others thanks for the replys, and yes it was mostly for the lore i wanted to play gw1, but im guessing on reading the books instead. I know alot of you moral people will hate me for asking this, but might someone know a pdf file or something of the books, a torrent maybe? Im a very poor guy at the moment and money is an issue.

Arena Master and LK10HC realm first.
    Plougløl - Skullcrusher 85 Elemental Shaman

I don't think the games demonstrate the lore enough if that's what you are looking for.

The whole melloni and koss love interest hit me over the head with a...

WTF WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN.

I mean I knew it was coming but

WTF WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN.