Darkmoon Despoiler level restriction

During the first DMF, I was able to farm a lot of the items from low level bosses, for example, Gahz'rilla in ZF dropped the Monstrous Egg even me as level 85. They had a very high drop rate (around 25%). I haven't had any luck this time around even after farming over 30 runs. Anyone know if they fixed the level restriction on drops?

It seems that they have indeed stealth-fixed the level restrictions. You'll need to run level-appropriate dungeons to find the artifacts now. I believe this was their original intention for them as well.

That's just peachy. The drop rates are atrocious for dungeon artifacts. Glad I didn't sell them from last DMF.

Yeah i stopped farming them once i had them to hand in so now need to farm them this time around. And i bet they still haven't fixed the issue of people who don't even have the guides being able to roll on and then sell the items.

Just another annoyance and let down.

Anyone know if those damned items can be farmed in wrath heroics at 85? Or are we forced to run cata instances only >.<

I did manage to get an Imbued Crystal off Whitemane in Scarlet Monastery this month on my level 85. But I am 0 for about 12 so far in Stockades looking for the Ornate Weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenarious View Post
    I did manage to get an Imbued Crystal off Whitemane in Scarlet Monastery this month on my level 85. But I am 0 for about 12 so far in Stockades looking for the Ornate Weapon.
    According to wowhead comments, Whitemane is the only low level boss that still drops DMF artifact for an 85. All other bosses had their drops level restricted. What sucks is the drop rate even for level 85 instances is very very low and you have to roll against 4 other people, so the chances of you winning them is pretty slim.

does anyone know how the level restrictions are determined? i turned XP off on my level 42 and was able to get artifacts to drop in SM arm, SM cath and scholomance while being run through by an 85. we did a few more runs in strat and ZF and were not able to get items to drop but that may have just been bad luck.

Does anyone know if the Achievements for turning in all the artifacts are meant to reset each month as well? Are we going to get credit for the stuff we turned in last month? I don't care about the Ornate Weapon as much if I will have credit for it on the Achievement again. Like so many other I only missed the Treatise the first month and I would like to be back in that situation again (needing only that to complete the achievements).

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenarious View Post
    Does anyone know if the Achievements for turning in all the artifacts are meant to reset each month as well? Are we going to get credit for the stuff we turned in last month? I don't care about the Ornate Weapon as much if I will have credit for it on the Achievement again. Like so many other I only missed the Treatise the first month and I would like to be back in that situation again (needing only that to complete the achievements).
    The achievement is for turning them all in, in just one go (during one DMF).
    If you miss one, you'll have to turn them all in again next month. (Gives extra tickets anyway, I make sure I turn in every single one every month)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    The achievement is for turning them all in, in just one go (during one DMF).
    If you miss one, you'll have to turn them all in again next month. (Gives extra tickets anyway, I make sure I turn in every single one every month)
    I could see that being the case, but the text on the achievement doesn't read like that, which is why I wasn't sure.

Sure, I'd love to be able to turn them all in each month, but I am not swimming in gold and can't seem to get the various items to drop regularly. I'll turn in what I can, obviously!

For the purposes of the Achieve, I held off until I had all the ones I was missing. I did get lucky enough to get the Treatise, finally. That was the one holding me back.

I believe the achievements resetting is a bug as well. We'll have to see if that's fixed next time.