demo warlock - demoun soul+pet switching

do you switch out ur felguard/felhunter for every demoun soul? or just twice per fight? or only after the initial set of cooldowns

15+ Year Old Account
    Only do it on the first, don't bother with the others.
    The time it would take for people to explain to you why how and when, combined with the time it takes for you to get used to pet swapping is probably longer than the time it takes for you to gather the gear which makes pet swapping a DPS loss.

i like to hard summon my felgaurd out 2 times per fight. the amount of haste gained from a demon soul: felgaurd is incredible. when i run out of soul shards i just use demon soul: felhunter from then on.

if your going to do this you have to be very precise and quick. otherwise, it won't be worth it i guess.

if you want to know what the best dpsers in the world are currently doing on each particular fight just look at their logs. wowlogs.com
    Last edited by tuckslock; 2012-01-03 at 07:54 PM.

I dont understand one thing with pet switching.

So it is a dps increase if done correctly. I know how to it so that doesnt matter. But I read somewhere that pet switching ONLY is needed as long as you run with Moonwell Chalice. Currently I have the following trinkets: Heroic Cunning of the Cruel and Heroic Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor, but also got the Moonwell Chalice in the bag. Simcraft said that the Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor would be a light dps increase instead of the Moonwell Chalice.

So I want to know when I run with HCoC and HVPLC, am I still supposed to do pet switching to do more dps?

The whole situation, our playstyle atm confuses me sometimes a lot. Pet switching is totally dumb imo and for gods sake will be changed for MOP.

If you aren't using Moonwell Chalice, ignore pet switching after the initial pull. This will allow you to use Meta on CD, as opposed to waiting until MWC is ready.

I pet swap to felguard (hardcast) and soulburn back to felhunter whenever there is a decent amount of downtime as well. For me this means:

1. I can do it towards the end of a Hagara lightning phase because the rest of my group can chain the lightning without me.
    2. I can do it in the very brief dialogue between killing the last add on Blackhorn and Gariona coming into range.
    3. I can do it during the nuclear blast cast of an amalgamation on Spine of Deathwing, then I keep it for the whole tendon because I'm not progressing heroic yet and we kill normal ones with ease.

There are a few others that you can consider doing it if you're not needed and are allowed to stand still.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Your after the initial pull confuses me. Do you mean that I should still exchange after Felguard Felstormed + Demonsoul to the Felpuppy, but then not switch back to Felguard?

This would certainly be a dps loss due to the fact that Demonsoul with Puppy is crap, especially now since Shadowbolt is not longer the Demo Filler but Incinerate.

As I would say, I dont have to switch my pet anymore at all. Am I right?

You begin with Felguard up to gain the superior Demon Soul effect, then Soulburn out a Felhound and order him to chew face. Pet switching is hindered by the Tier 13 4-set bonus, which gives us incentive to Soulburn as often as possible.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2012-01-03 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grab View Post
    Your after the initial pull confuses me. Do you mean that I should still exchange after Felguard Felstormed + Demonsoul to the Felpuppy, but then not switch back to Felguard?

This would certainly be a dps loss due to the fact that Demonsoul with Puppy is crap, especially now since Shadowbolt is not longer the Demo Filler but Incinerate.

As I would say, I dont have to switch my pet anymore at all. Am I right?
    I'll clarify a few things for you here:

1. The incinerate spec without bane with incinerate filler is not optimal on anything other than ultraxion. You need to be able to cast immolate only once in the fight to make it worth it. (Ultraxion only)

2. The demon soul effect of felguard is MUCH better than felpuppy as you mentioned, but the sims do not lie, the 4-6 seconds downtime switching back and forth has become less and less viable as gear levels have increased. Start with a felguard and switch to felhunter for the rest of the fight IS accurate. If you have downtime (see my earlier post) you can summon a felguard with a hardcast and make it worth it. (again, only during downtime)

3. You do have to switch your pet from felguard to felhunter at the initial pull as has been described, you do not have to switch after that.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Ok so:
    http://wowtal.com/#k=HetR0qYL.b0w.warlock.
    Ultraxion only

and:
    http://wowtal.com/#k=-AAhQGS4.b0w.warlock.
    for every other encounters in DS

as seen on EJ.

This information here from here Aethilus should be in the Demo Guides for comprehension because it is hard to understand everything alongside petswitching.

Thank you very much for your help.

I feel like switching to felpuppy at all is kinda dumb, you aren't casting a damaging spell if you're hard casting, even if you insta cast your pet thats a second of you not casting a spell at the boss, the demonsoul is worthless to Demonology with the Felpuppy, the pet you summon isn't in the bosses face and needs a second to get to him and do his/her thing, so were talking about like 2 or 3 seconds of you not dps'ing, multiply this if you're rezzing a pet, or changing them out or anything. I say just stick to Felguard, they do more damage the longer they are out, they have nice aoe damage, and if you spec, glyph, and reforge towards making him good you'll proabally out dps the hell of a pet switcher.

Legion Strike doesn't scale the way Shadow Bite does. The differences between the two attacks are staggering.

honestly most of wow isn't tight enough with their "rotation" for it to matter. if the average player improved the little things it would be better than a tier's worth of upgraded gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I say just stick to Felguard, they do more damage the longer they are out, they have nice aoe damage, and if you spec, glyph, and reforge towards making him good you'll proabally out dps the hell of a pet switcher.
    The felhunter for single target fights does more overall damage than the felguard for single target fights. So you either do the pet switch for every DS (which is becoming less and less viable with higher gear), or you start in felguard and soul burn into the felhunter after the first DS and stay with the felhunter the rest of the fight.

If sticking with the felguard for the entire fight on single target fights was best, there would be no discussion of pet swapping of any kind.

Deleted
    Pet-swapping is still a must do for MWC users, and as for the incinerate spec, it is inferior even on ultraxion, as long as you keep MWC, I've never had any problems on him with my 31/10 spec.

When you have good enough trinkets to ditch MWC however, start using meta on cd and ditch the pet-swapping.