Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    people already have it, they don't keep buying copies, how could it not drop?
    This exactly.....pretty much the only thing that needs to be said on this thread.

Lets move it along people...dont feed the animals =)

There is a small billboard type advert on the street where I live. Can't speak for TV though, don't watch much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ny0ka View Post
    It dropped because ridiculous greed lvls put the price at £45 for the pc version.. now excuse me if I'm wrong but last time I looked my pc wasnt an xbox or a ps3 and speaking to alot of pc users ; none of us are prepared to pay that amount for a pc game so it comes as no surprise to me at all. Just to put it into context.. I bought MW3 on the pc just after Xmas for £19. I think I'll wait for the next sale eh.
    I'm fairly certain that new PC games and new console games are roughly the same in price where I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Ignore him, he's an obvious you know what.
    An obvious truth-sayer? He just /threaded this place.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Their CS is terrible, the game is filled with countless bugs, those words are spred and the result is...
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    Their CS is terrible, the game is filled with countless bugs, those words are spred and the result is...
    Don't forget geting banned for going to higher lvl zone@lower lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    cant tell if possible troll or not, Wow new expac, LOL 60$, lolmw3? LOL 60$ when it came out, if not higher. LOL BF3? 60$+, LOL SKYRIM? 60$+. No its not greedy, your just under knowledged about pc games. And i heard that games are on sale for boxing day. amirite?
    You have to realise $60 is less than £40, and Cata was just over £30 when it came out. Games here haven't generally been over £40 since I was playing N64, £45 is a very off-putting price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Nobody was banned for doing that. Stop spreading BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    cant tell if possible troll or not, Wow new expac, LOL 60$, lolmw3? LOL 60$ when it came out, if not higher. LOL BF3? 60$+, LOL SKYRIM? 60$+. No its not greedy, your just under knowledged about pc games. And i heard that games are on sale for boxing day. amirite?
    I don't know how prices are in your country; however, in mine new pc games cost never more than 150pln, which is around 40 euros. Now this costs 50 euro here. It's easily the most expensive pc game I've seen around in a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
    I don't know how prices are in your country; however, in mine new pc games cost never more than 150pln, which is around 40 euros. Now this costs 50 euro here. It's easily the most expensive pc game I've seen around in a very long time.
    Its roughly the same price as any other game if you buy it new in store. On steam/origin you get some cash back.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Um, I'm pretty sure i saw a thread where people got banned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    Funny, on spike they had a starwars marathon that was filled with ads for it.
    I watched the starwars marathon during the last Beta and there was no adds for it that I noticed. I didn't watch the marathon on Jan 1st though. I havn't seen any adds for it elsewhere including G4.

Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    Funny, on spike they had a starwars marathon that was filled with ads for it.
    Adult swim the next day did the same thing with the Robot chicken starwars crap, and family guy too

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    IF it didn't happen they wouldn't of had a press release talking about it, rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Adult swim the next day did the same thing with the Robot chicken starwars crap, and family guy too
    a

IF it didn't happen they wouldn't of had a press release talking about it, rite?
    This, You should stop spreading the BS. I don't even play SWTOR and saw this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-will-ban-you

And that, Using the AH too much=ban...Yeah...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ve-Their-Level

There the thread on it before it got edit'd out and lock'd.
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2012-01-03 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Our Terms of Service team recently took action against some accounts playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, and we wanted to give you some insight into what happened and why.

First, action was taken against a number of accounts for what's commonly known as 'gold farming' - or in our case, credit farming. These accounts were found to be exploiting the game in a variety of ways to maximize their credits in order to sell them to other players. Our Terms of Service team took action against these accounts and removed them permanently from the game.

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

None of these accounts were banned for their actions and no accounts have been banned for travelling to Ilum while still relatively low level. By comparison, the number of accounts that were warned or temporarily suspended was considerably lower than the number of accounts banned for 'credit farming'.

It's important to remember that our Terms of Service team is extremely careful and thorough in their investigation of any potential exploit or unusual activity in-game. Working closely with the development team and using extensive metrics based on player activity, they are able to determine what is normal player activity, what is unusual and what is exploiting. Our goal is always to ensure a fair game experience for all players while also protecting the rights of individuals, and if people are disrupting the play experience for others action will be taken.

While we will not discuss the details of any individual action, whenever we take action against an account we believe they have clearly broken our Terms of Service. Any action taken against an account can be appealed and in some cases actions have been rescinded.

While we understand people's concern about actions taken against accounts, please remember the Terms of Service team exists to help ensure a balanced and fair game experience for all. When you see reports of actions taken against someone's account, remember they are choosing to tell their version of the story - and there are two sides to every story.

In summary, our Terms of Service team took action against a number of accounts that were 'credit farming' to remove them permanently from the game. They also warned and temporarily suspended - but did not ban - a smaller number of accounts for activities on Ilum that were decided to be game exploits.

Some adjustments will be made to Ilum in the near future to discourage future exploits. However, the planet is still open to anyone who wishes to travel there.

The goal of the Star Wars: The Old Republic team is to maintain a service for our customers that is fun to play and equitable for everyone. Critical to this goal is making sure that gameplay is fair and reasonable and we are constantly on the lookout for anything that would prove to be a detriment to your gameplay experiences.

Thanks for reading, and we hope this gave you some insights.
    You saw it in a thread??? NOOOOO.. on these forums??? NO WAY.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ny0ka View Post
    It dropped because ridiculous greed lvls put the price at £45 for the pc version.. now excuse me if I'm wrong but last time I looked my pc wasnt an xbox or a ps3 and speaking to alot of pc users ; none of us are prepared to pay that amount for a pc game so it comes as no surprise to me at all. Just to put it into context.. I bought MW3 on the pc just after Xmas for £19. I think I'll wait for the next sale eh.
    It's at the standard price and you can get it for 35 quid without so much as breaking a sweat (example http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10068600.html). Just because you bought MW3 on a deal doesn't make TOR being more expensive greedy. MMOs in fact don't (or shouldn't) drop in price any time soon (though Rift defied this rule as often as it could) as they work differently to non-MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Because gold farmers are fun in WoW right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post

They did have a press release about it. I quoted it. Warnings and temp suspensions. NO BANS and NOT FOR GOING TO ZONES THAT WERE HIGHER LEVELS. Educate yourself please.

I think people need to learn the difference between the words "Ban" and "Suspended"

Were people banned, yes. However the players that were banned were gold (or credit in this case) sellers.

The people that were suspended were out there taking advantage of a bug that caused crates to re-spawn super fast. And before people jump on the "LOL THIS IS WHY DEY R BAD." Blizzard does the exact same thing.

Hey, are you sure there was not enough advertising?

Didn´t you see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjf_...layer_embedded

I wish Blizzard did some kind of advertising like THIS!