Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like a single player rpg because it asks people to go out of their way and communicate with others. I know that's amazing but when you don't see people around all that much you have to do it. That's not necessarily bad or even always true (I've seen lots of people just running around my time in swtor) but asking people to engage one and other in conversation is to much these days apparently. Enjoy your press now for multiplayer grouping button. Hell I really didn't see that many people leveling in cataclysm either.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousTears View Post
    Please, people, don't continue to make SWTOR vs. WoW threads under different guises. It's not good for either community.
    So much truth to this comment..
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Here were Rift's launch numbers. http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/49494/rift/

These are week 1 numbers.

Week USA Europe Japan TotalRunning Total
    1 90,822 16,341 N/A 107,163 107,163

Pretty big difference yeah? And comparing wow expacs to a launch still doesn't make them a launch.
    Like we've told you multiple times earlier

Comparing a 2011 launch to a 2004 launch is not a useful comparison
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

I'm not arguing.
    I'm pretty sure creating a flame topic, inflammatory OP, refuting other's points/indifferences with anecdotal evidence and just plain incorrect "facts", no matter how ass backwards they are, is some form of arguing/trolling.

Considering the life span of successful MMOs, SWOTR has barely begun to walk. Whatever "fear" you are talking about is based on nothing what you perceived from the forums, and it's a rather childish perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It feels like a single player rpg because it asks people to go out of their way and communicate with others. I know that's amazing but when you don't see people around all that much you have to do it. That's not necessarily bad or even always true (I've seen lots of people just running around my time in swtor) but asking people to engage one and other in conversation is to much these days apparently.
    "LFM SM Cath" wasn't a conversation in 2005; and "LFM Hammer Station" isn't a conversation in 2011
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

I think there needs to be a ban of any wow talk in the swotr forum and vice versa, these threads are not constructive. stop making them.

Even OP is just veiled wow bashing.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    "LFM SM Cath" wasn't a conversation in 2005; and "LFM Hammer Station" isn't a conversation in 2011
    Except it goes further than that doesn't it. After the initial conversation you talk about specs, strategies, cc, when to pull, what to pull, and the best part of the whole thing "its been a good group add me to friends if you need a tank/healer/dps" or even better "are you in a guild we could use a new healer/tank/dps" Its called networking. It starts at lfm heroic 4+ group quest, consider it your hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    I'm pretty sure creating a flame topic, inflammatory OP, refuting other's points/indifferences with anecdotal evidence and just plain incorrect "facts", no matter how ass backwards they are, is some form of arguing/trolling.

Considering the life span of successful MMOs, SWOTR has barely begun to walk. Whatever "fear" you are talking about is based on nothing what you perceived from the forums, and it's a rather childish perception.
    This. I was dead wrong about Rift's release numbers though, I could have sworn Rift hit a million at some point. Guess not. Still, this thread should be closed, should have been from the start, nothing productive can come from this, and nothing has.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Wow people are scared. Yesterday I counted 19 threads on the first page of the Gaming and Hardware section on the official forums of people bashing SWTOR. People get so threatened about a game that isn't wow having great results. If I didn't care about a game. Or never even played it, why would I care so much? Why would I make 100 posts in multiple threads talking about how much it's failing?
    funny the same could be said in reverse. if you are not scared of WoW then why make a thread saying WoW players are just jealous of SWTOR?

you made this thread so I will assume you feel the need to defend your playing of swtor. don't, you shouldn't feel the need to. you play the game you want to play others will play the game they want to.

In all honesty, both games can co-exist. theres no need for 'one or the other' 'if one lives the other dies' mentality. some people will play WoW and some people will play SWTOR. I don't get why someone not playing your game in favor of another should concern you. and that goes BOTH ways. do what you like, its just a game afterall. YOU should be the one that enjoys playing it, nobody else's opinion should really matter in deciding what you enjoy playing...
    Last edited by McSpriest; 2012-01-04 at 01:24 AM. Reason: spelling fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Except it goes further than that doesn't it. After the initial conversation you talk about specs, strategies, cc, when to pull, what to pull, and the best part of the whole thing "its been a good group add me to friends if you need a tank/healer/dps" or even better "are you in a guild we could use a new healer/tank/dps" Its called networking. It starts at lfm heroic 4+ group quest, consider it your hello.
    I would never join a Guild based off of their performance in leveling content, and there are many other ways to make friends, then just adding random people that you found in Chat

A short list:
    Sharding
    Phasing
    Story Focus
    Many separated planets

For a more comprehensive list, just look on the SWTOR Official Forums (Or this sub-forum...), or use a Search Engine (My personal favorite, and recommendation is "http://www.google.com")
    Thanks for being condescending. I guess when you start lacking an argument, talk down to people. SWTOR is a story driven mmo. They've announced that. Still doesn't change the fact that you interact more in ToR than you do in wow right now. Many separated planets? How does that affect my interaction with people and need to group for things I want to do?

A short list:
    Sharding
    Phasing
    Story Focus
    Many separated planets

For a more comprehensive list, just look on the SWTOR Official Forums (Or this sub-forum...), or use a Search Engine (My personal favorite, and recommendation is "http://www.google.com")
    1. What is sharding?

2. Oh i remember another mmo that i saw phasing in, now which one was that again?

3. The story is there for people who enjoy it, but you can spacebar past it and just get your quests like you do in wow. A good and engaging story makes for better leveling.

4. Oh you mean like when some people quest in badlands and some in barrens? Separated planets are good, it has a feel of a totally new area, almost like a new "world" even. It also helps that your chat is limited to that planet and the specific people you want to group with, why would i want to see a bunch of chat looking for nightmare dungeons when i am level 15?

All these points are moot.

Also, TOR actually promote grouping, even if you are not on herioc quests. They did this by implementing social points and other bonuses. This is far from a SP game and if it feels to some people like a SP game it is because they chose to play it like a SP game. The choice is yours, young padawan, may the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post
    funny the same could be said in reverse. if you are not scared of WoW then why make a thread saying WoW players are just jealous of SWTOR?

you made this thread so I will Assume you feel the need to defend your playing of swtor. don't you play the game you want to play others will play the game they want to.

In all honesty, both games can exist. theres no one or the other if one lives the other dies. people will play WoW and people will play SWTOR. I don't get why someone not playing your game in favor of another should concern you. do what you like, its just a game afterall. YOU should be the one that enjoys playing it, nobody else's opinion should really matter in deciding what you enjoy playing...
    I'm making an observation. After looking on that first page, man. There were alot of them threads. People were smokin'. And for the record. I love wow, and I'll still be playing it. But people are bashing SWTOR on the official forums because it isn't wow. And I'm not doing that. I'm doing what I want to do. I'm playing what I want to play. I'm just tired of people bashing things because it isn't WoW.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2012-01-04 at 01:28 AM.

Many separated planets? How does that affect my interaction with people and need to group for things I want to do?
    Because they are not in the same place as you

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never join a Guild based off of their performance in leveling content, and there are many other ways to make friends, then just adding random people that you found in Chat
    Hardly. If you enjoyed your experience that you had with them running quests or flashpoints or whatever then they are not just "random" people you found in chat. Their is absolutely zero harm in adding them, if they troll you just delete them. If they work out great well then that's awesome. Gotta come out of your shell a little bit for this game I'm afraid, no crutch mutliplayer button to assist. you.

There were alot of them threads. People were smokin'.
    I know, one MMO community talking about another new MMO community, it's like people were being topical or something...

people to need stop arguing with OP and just report him.

the FIRST RULE of the swtor forums is:

SWTOR forum rules
    DO NOT MAKE SWTOR vs WOW THREADS
    which is all this is, regardless of how OP trys to hide it.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I'm making an observation. After looking on that first page, man. There were alot of them threads. People were smokin'.
    Okay, now you're trolling. The mods for this forum need to step it up, this isn't an obscene hour for a thread like this to be locked in this time.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet