New Toon: Which healer?

Well one of my buddies has convinced me that I need to get this game. I've kinda been holding out to see what kinda buzz came out after the first couple weeks. Lotta positive stuff seems to be the trend, so I'm just about ready to dive in. I will be joining my friends guild on The Empire side. Now the question is which type of healer should I choose? What kind of things are there to consider? Storyline? Gameplay? Any thoughts and help would be great! Thanks

BH just cause you get pew pew heal guns, but if you want something that reminds you of WOW healers, then go sith INQ because you will see it has ablities like a disc/shadow and resto druid.

It's not amazing and pvp healing is tedious untill you get higher in lvl and gear.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

If you want to get a look at each classes skills some insight into how you'd play them in raids I would suggest looking at each of the healing compendiums over on sithwarrior.com

Even if you don't plan on raiding you can get a detailed list of all the healing abilities plus a look at how the resource mechanics work.

Storywise it varies a lot from person to person. I am loving my Operative (Imperial Agent) storyline immensely. I would also suggest you listen to the voice acting done for each to be sure you'll like it, or at least not hate it. If you don't skip through the story you will hear a lot of yourself, make sure it isn't something you'll start hating.

For PvE, I'd say Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer; they have the best resource for Healing (essentially mana)

For PvP, I'd say Bounty Hunter Mercenary; Sorcerers go down extremely fast, Hunters last a lot longer, so this is more viable; but their resource is not as good as the Sorcerers

For both, I'd say Bounty Hunter Mercenary; Merc = more viable for PvE, than Sorc is for PvP, so you'll have a better all around time
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO