Subscription frustration!!!

I cannot stand the customer support that this game offers!! I am in the U.S. Army stationed in Germany and I specifically bought a $1200 laptop so I could play this game. I tried setting up the subscription plan but it came back with errors. I contact the customer support and they tell me that since I am using a U.S. credit card to pay and I am currently in Germany that I cannot set up a subscription. I HATE paypal because it takes 5 business days to transfer money from the bank account to your paypal account. So I search around online to find a website that sells time cards online and I found a few. Yet every time I order one I get an email saying I need to fax in a copy of my drivers license or military ID, but I DONT have a copier or a faxer!! I cannot believe that EA does not cater to soldiers outside the United States. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I guess you could get a German Credit Card

If you can't do that, or that doesn't work, sorry. I find their Customer Support to be... distasteful... as well
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Go to your next local store and buy a gametimecard with either credit card or cash.

And for your info: You can setup PayPal, so it draws from your CREDITcard, not your bank account.
    This way you dont have to charge paypal at all, you just pay with it, and gets billed on your credit.

With this you can easily buy gametimecards over ebay germany, or pay EA with paypal.

...I guess.

EDit: I doubt you will get a german credit card, without a german bank account.
    Anyways, you DONT need one...credit card works international, so try do what i first said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouchebag View Post
    I cannot believe that EA does not cater to soldiers outside the United States.
    Well, how specifically would they know for sure that you are a U.S. soldier just from a phonecall though? I mean, I am not bashing you in the slightest by saying that. People lie to customer service all the time for any service.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouchebag View Post
    I cannot stand the customer support that this game offers!! I am in the U.S. Army stationed in Germany and I specifically bought a $1200 laptop so I could play this game. I tried setting up the subscription plan but it came back with errors. I contact the customer support and they tell me that since I am using a U.S. credit card to pay and I am currently in Germany that I cannot set up a subscription. I HATE paypal because it takes 5 business days to transfer money from the bank account to your paypal account. So I search around online to find a website that sells time cards online and I found a few. Yet every time I order one I get an email saying I need to fax in a copy of my drivers license or military ID, but I DONT have a copier or a faxer!! I cannot believe that EA does not cater to soldiers outside the United States. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    I'm Australian and bought my game through amazon.com. They're offering the game time cards and I'm not sure how they could request either of those since I'm not a US citizen. Have you tried there? (I haven't tried to buy a game card though since I just used my Australian credit card to pay from Australia!)