10+ Year Old Account

Does this sound like to much sugar/fruit?

So i'm trying to get rid of those few extra pounds for summer and am wondering if this is to much fruit / sugar

1 grape fruit
    1 teaspoon of honey (with green tea)
    200 ml of orange juice
    And a banana

This is eaten on a daily basis, any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated thanks

Through out the day my meals also consist of chicken/tuna and spinach along with egg whites in the morning

thanks all

I'm no nutrition expert, but those seem fine to me.

I'm a fruit lover though so I gorge on it, not even to get vitamins and whatnot, I just love eating fruit.
    Could do without the honey maybe?(seems you are using it as flavoring for your tea) but doesn't seem like a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices View Post
    So i'm trying to get rid of those few extra pounds for summer and am wondering if this is to much fruit / sugar

1 grape fruit
    1 teaspoon of honey (with green tea)
    200 ml of orange juice
    And a banana

This is eaten on a daily basis, any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated thanks

Through out the day my meals also consist of chicken/tuna and spinach along with egg whites in the morning

thanks all
    Grape fruit is relatively low in sugar, also its only about 30 calories per half grapefruit. However, bananas, honey, and orange juice are loaded with sugar. My advice to lose weight quickly is continue with your otherwise very low sugar/carb diet and stick to protein, good fats, and artificial sweeteners. The more harshely you cut out carbs the quicker your body will go into fat burning mode.

Carbs are your body's number one energy source, so when you cut them from your diet your body goes to its next best energy source, sub-cutaneous fat, and that is what leads to the rapid weight loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    Grape fruit is relatively low in sugar, also its only about 30 calories per half grapefruit. However, bananas, honey, and orange juice are loaded with sugar. My advice to lose weight quickly is continue with your otherwise very low sugar/carb diet and stick to protein, good fats, and artificial sweeteners. The more harshely you cut out carbs the quicker your body will go into fat burning mode.

Carbs are your body's number one energy source, so when you cut them from your diet your body goes to its next best energy source, sub-cutaneous fat, and that is what leads to the rapid weight loss.
    Awsome dude thanks!

But I was kind of lead to believe that the pros out weigh the cons when it comes to eating honey/bananas/orange juice when eaten in proportion for weight loss, is that true in a sense?

I'm actually more curious as to what else you're eating outside of fruit, rather than this, to see if you could cut a little bit more for potential weight loss. Because right now that seems pretty ok. Orange Juice would be the first thing to drop, imo, if you wanted to get rid of some more sugar.

Also, pretty much this.

Fat is the body's natural source of energy. Use it as such. Limiting your carb intake (i.e. only get your carbs from veggies and the occasional whole wheat/grain) allows you to shed pounds much faster.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-01-04 at 02:52 AM.

Wow. I've never actually looked into any dieting/nutrition and what have you, but I still had a health class in college where, you'd think, they'd be able to explain this to me. And here, bam! You explain it in one sentence which actually makes me understand something fundamental about nutrition. Thanks.

P.S. It was a pretty horrible college, though. Or maybe, I yawned through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I'm actually more curious as to what else you're eating outside of fruit, rather than this, to see if you could cut a little bit more for potential weight loss. Because right now that seems pretty ok. Orange Juice would be the first thing to drop, imo, if you wanted to get rid of some more sugar.

Also, pretty much this.

Fat is the body's natural source of energy. Use it as such. Limiting your carb intake (i.e. only get your carbs from veggies and the occasional whole wheat/grain) allows you to shed pounds much faster.
    Aside from the fruit part which i haven't added to my diet yet this is pretty much how it goes.

Breakfast 4 egg whites and 1 slice of Mixed grained bread, so its made with wheat flour and has oats and grains and what not in it.
    Lunch 200g of chick and a handful of boiled spinach
    go to gym and after workout have a protein shake.
    Dinner is same as lunch, chicken and spinach.
    And ill have a can of spring water tuna before I go to bed

Alrighty. Sounds like you have a pretty solid diet. You could mix up your protein/veggie here and there for variety (so you don't get burnt out + other potential health benefits).

If you really wanted to cut something, juice would be the first thing. Otherwise your diet seems pretty good.

Personally, I would take out the bread myself for steel-cut oatmeal... but that would require a slow cooker if you want it proper like and all