Good computer running slow, please help

Hi, could someone please post with some help? i have a asus gaming motherbord, 3.0 prosseser, 6 gigs of ram, a nvidia gt545 graphics card and i still lag in major citys and warzones. PLEASE HELP!! idk what to do and its driving my crazy

What's your processor's brand/model/generation ?
    What settings are you running ? (I assume all on low, but just to make sure)

Imo, your GPU should do fine with low graphics, so it is most likely your processor slowing you down. In that case your option would probably be to upgrade to a newer generation (i3-2100 or i5-2500k) and get a motherboard that supports it (1155 socket).

Keep in mind that although most MMOs are CPU dependant (thus the reason I suspect your CPU to be the bottleneck), SWTOR does a great (or bad) job of pushing on the GPU side, even at low settings. The GT 545 is really just a renamed GT 440 and about half as strong as the current low-end gaming cards : The 5850 (if you can find it as it is most likely not in production anymore) and 6850 are probably the best value/performance cards still on the market that will run SWTOR on high in theory.

FYI, this is old news, Bioware is aware of the performance issues and has said they are working on it. for now I would suggest overclocking your graphics card and running SWTOR in compatibility mode (this is a known performance enhancement, do a google search for it).

Deleted
    You may also find your performance increasing if you play in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode rather than flat-out Fullscreen. It helped for me until my new computer was delivered.

Swtor seems to have extremely bad memory leak. The game runs smoothly for me for about 3 to 4 hours at the highest setting and then it starts to lag, stutter, and - if I'm pvp'ing - make me scream at the monitor. (Not really.) I'm sure they'll fix it soon enough.