Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went:

Jedi Knight: Synthweaver
    Jedi Consular: Artifice
    Smuggler: Armstech
    Trooper: Armormech

The other two, two be determined, will have Cyber and Biochem. I did it this way to support my own characters with mods and gear. However, I am finding that the vast majority of what I craft is mostly just RE/vendor trash, as I've picked sets of orange gear for all of my characters, and just mod my way up. In reality, I should just take slicing on all of them, make credits, and just GTN the mods I need as I level. Would save me a LOT of time and effort, for sure.

Right now, TOR's crafting is, for the most part, kinda lame. Good ideas, bad implementation. But the game just released, I'm sure they can tweak it in the future.

Biochem turns out to be quite awesome in the long run. Reusable stim/medpack/boosts are just sick, especially the level 50 Rakata ones.

Now if only the 75th RE of a prototype implant would learn me the artifact recipe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not sure whether to go Armstech or Armormech. :/

In the long run, maybe Biochem and Cybertech will benefit me more. Enhancements sound like a fun way to go; especially since I hope to get matching, cool orange gear for all my toons.

How are people getting orange gear, anyway? Do you buy it with comms on each planet? There isn't much information out there. Darthhater and Torhead have very limited information on anything. You look up modifications and it's often hard to tell where they come from. There is so much information still missing that it makes it hard to plan. Also, viewing how things look doesn't seem to be possible outside of the game -- and weapons can't be viewed anyway, in the dressing room.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I'm still not sure whether to go Armstech or Armormech. :/

In the long run, maybe Biochem and Cybertech will benefit me more. Enhancements sound like a fun way to go; especially since I hope to get matching, cool orange gear for all my toons.

How are people getting orange gear, anyway? Do you buy it with comms on each planet? There isn't much information out there. Darthhater and Torhead have very limited information on anything. You look up modifications and it's often hard to tell where they come from. There is so much information still missing that it makes it hard to plan. Also, viewing how things look doesn't seem to be possible outside of the game -- and weapons can't be viewed anyway, in the dressing room.
    Flashpoints drop an orange item, most of the time its 1 per boss sometimes there are 2 per boss but only on end bosses IIRC

Other ways are

planet commendations

PVP stufs

random world drops

Heroic 2 and 4 Quests

end of Planet quests( not all)

End of bonus series quests (not all)

Purchaseable on "speciality " vendors

Underworld trading missions have a rare chance to give a synth or Armormech orange schematic

im sure theres more but cant think of many more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cybertech is worthless, seriously... no way to make money with it at all.
    Crafted mods are USELESS, the gear you get from hardmodes (which are easy anyway) have better mods in them than any player can craft. Removing those costs 20k, while making a single mods costs over 45k on my server, not to mention the 100k i spend on getting the recipe in the 1st place.

I would go with biochem, easily the best crafting skill their is, they have the most benefits and saves you a lot of money on medpacks (better than regular and very usefull for pvp!) and you dont have to spend 20k on a flask every 2 hours while raiding..

15+ Year Old Account
    People keep touting Biochem as a great skill to have, but aside from reusable medpacks and stims, I really don't see it as being beneficial. It's going to take me months to get my first toon to level 50, anyway, and I will never do operations. I've been reading a lot about crafting armour and mods and I still like the sound of doing Synthweaving and Armormech. Sure, I won't be making credits from them -- not like Slicing, with its missions and tech schematics -- but I've always enjoyed crafting stuff. Still really getting a handle on the whole custom/orange items and mods/enhancements thing, anyway.

Armormech does seem to be more beneficial in the long run than Armstech. And Cybertech still sounds cool. Reverse Engineering might be tedious and you may cry at the higher levels each time you destroy an expensive item. But it's fun! Struggling with credits is a problem, but I'm learning to take things slowly and not burn through all my credits sending my companions off to gather up all sorts of items I may not end up using for crafting stuff.

Mind you, it could well pay to go back to the lower level stuff later on and RE it to get good procs for low level gear to craft and sell to people with twinks.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Mind you, it could well pay to go back to the lower level stuff later on and RE it to get good procs for low level gear to craft and sell to people with twinks.
    Heh, you don't even really need to be 50 to reap those benefits :-) My syth is at 215 or so. I got bored of questing one day and decided to use up all the low level mats I had in my storage. I managed to get the epic versions of all of the first level 1-100ish items, and started putting them on the AH. Most of them sold within minutes, and the rest sold over night. Sure, we're not talking about 20k here, 50k there kinda profits, but I still made more than it cost to make them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    People keep touting Biochem as a great skill to have, but aside from reusable medpacks and stims, I really don't see it as being beneficial.
    Implants earlier in the game.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I did armormech while leveling up which was nice for keeping myself in blues/purples. I Pvp and this helps a ton. Many do not understand that in PvP your gear at every level matters. If you are a level 10 with all purple gear you will do a ton of dmg. If you are a level 50 with all greens you will not do much dmg. So Armormech is good for leveling. Now that I have hit 50 though I am not sure I will keep it. Biochem seems the better thing at 50.