Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    250g for 160g of crystal? No ta, but on an overpriced server it's a way of keeping the price of mats down I guess.

If the item cost 50g, then it would probably be classed as an exploit, but you've been able to farm crystals since 4.1 when they added ZG...
    Actually, at exalted the cloaks cost 175g each. With the guild bountiful bags perk, the average tends to drop to around 150g per crystal. In reality, it just puts a price ceiling on maelstroms (for those that know about it)
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    There's no way you can get banned for this... So your server maelstrom crystals are expensive, so what? You can't help that. Also, using your profession to d/e an item you have gotten the rep for and are buying it with your own gold that you earned isn't an exploit/bug/ or whatever. It's perfectly fine.
    Last edited by mmoc058ae09183; 2012-01-04 at 03:01 PM.

They sell for 225g if you are exalted, I really doubt it's even remotely a bug, it's the economy of his server that is broken. I realized that when I DEed my own stuff, but the only way I could be close to profit from that would be to shatter them into heavenly shards which sell for 125g on my server, and since they go from 90g to 120g usually, it was too much of a hassle to do it.

I know this has been around for a while, but it has to be an oversight. No rep stuff is disenchant-able, its hard to believe Blizz decided to randomly make an exception for the cloaks. Id be careful about messing around with that stuff in bulk. All it takes is one person to report you and an overzealous GM to suspend you.

lol 250g for a maelstrom crystal.

Deleted
    Better way to make gold is to sell +15 All Stats enchants. With my server prices I make about 60g net profit per enchant. If you buy mats to make them its probably cheaper to buy Greater Celestial Essence and separate them, at least on my server it is so.

Deleted
    I don't think it's a bug or an exploit - you have been able to DE these from the start, fact is, there are very few servers out there where this is even remotely profitable.

Deleted
    And on the servers where this IS profitable, there's not a big enough market to buy so many shards to make this worthwhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    And on the servers where this IS profitable, there's not a big enough market to buy so many shards to make this worthwhile.
    Really? Well one would think that getting ~90g per DE cast would be "worthwile". There are pretty giant realms where this works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Really? Well one would think that getting ~90g per DE cast would be "worthwile". There are pretty giant realms where this works.
    On giant servers this would not turn a profit since shard prices would be way less.

On low pop servers it can turn a profit but you won't have a huge population to constantly buy the shards.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to enjoy crushing this market OP, Thanks

Oh damn, I don't have the rep farmed on my DE alt

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    nice tip... wont work for me though on my server the crystals are around 160g each....

uhh lol.. ur server has maelstroms for 250g each? where are u from? one of the servers with a grand total of 50 people on it?

most maelstroms cost 30g or less in any average population server..
    and yes u can de avenger of hyjal rep items.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    If your maelstrom crystals sells above 250g on ur server do this.

Buy avenger of hyjal rep cloak, DE it and sell the crystals.

Netted me over 5k gold today in just 10 minutes. All crystals sold instantly and I'm gonna do this shit all night.
    man u stole my idea like two weeks ago >< ARGH NOO secret revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    On giant servers this would not turn a profit since shard prices would be way less.

On low pop servers it can turn a profit but you won't have a huge population to constantly buy the shards.
    This isn't true. I'm on one of the lowest population servers and I can tell you that I make 10K+ a day on the AH. A large populated server usually has a lot of people who play the AH so with constant undercutting prices remain pretty low. On my server there are less then 5 people who regularly play the AH and we keep prices high. I could make more but just don't have the energy to do the elementium shuffle on all of the ore I buy so I just end up buying out the elementium ore and reselling for 30g+ more a stack.

People think that low population servers are dead. I make 10x more on the server I am on now then I did when I played on one of the top 5 servers.

It also depends on which faction your on. My horde toon reguarly buys out gems on the horde auction house because there aren't that many horde and gem prices are dirt cheap. I then send them to my Alliance toon via Booty Bay and jack up the price. I make a ton of gold just from doing that that I don't even bother prospecting ore anymore to DE/JC. I'll have to look into this cloak thing, I think I have one toon that has some decent rep with them.

Rep stuff that sells for cheap (40g epics from MF) don't DE, but expensive stuff (TB Trinkets that take a month to farm) can be.

Since you can't buy the cloaks without at least grinding some rep, and they are relatively expensive, it's probably never going to get changed. You can (or at least could) DE the 700jp relics, I did this for a long time, and nothing ever happened to me.

Sucks that im on a high pop server -.-

Quote Originally Posted by agii View Post
    Better way to make gold is to sell +15 All Stats enchants. With my server prices I make about 60g net profit per enchant. If you buy mats to make them its probably cheaper to buy Greater Celestial Essence and separate them, at least on my server it is so.
    And I net 80-100g profit with Enchant Chest - Mighty Resilience and can sell quite a few of those every day. It all comes down to what server you're on.

<clap> for guys who call to ban OP. Gratz. Maybe report him to Blizzard? That would be soooooo sweet.

And btw, nice going man, I appreciate being smart.