Annoying stuff, gliches and others about SWTOR

I dinged yesterday 50 with 5 days and 8hours played, i also started the journey on the first day of the early access, in a normal approach (not to casual not to hardcore). and on my journey some stuff annoyed the crap out of me, also found some glitches and wish some stuff were different, you can below what i mean ^^

some might agree with some stuff others might disagree, it all good, the following is just my take on the game im enjoying atm and have no intention of leaving (until GW2 lololol)

UI:

• - Lack of UI scaling and positioning
    • - Lack of Proc frame or warning
    • - Lack of option to only show your debuffs on target (hard to track your dots)
    • - Lack of specific map area selection, atm you can only see the full planet view and the specific area where you are, you cant select other parts of the same planet even after being explored or select other planets at all
    • - Map goes into transparency mode when you are on a slope even without you moving at all
    • - Map goes into transparency mode when you use the taxi
    • - Bugged guild member online view
    • - Bonus Quests cant be deleted from Questlog
    • - Lack of the option to check a specific persons guild name on the search frame
    • - Lack of option to had personal notes to guild members and others
    • - Lack of vendor price on items tooltips (it will help alot when posting on GTN)
    • - Stack splitting is not working properly, current form is Shift+Drag, but it will also had the item name to chat typing box.
    • - Bank is not stacking items like it does on main inventory
    • - Inventory/Bank lacks options to separate different types of items for easier look/find/selection, like (think Arkinventory addon in WoW)
    • - Relics disappear from your hotkeys when you select a new talent point and press commit
    • - Codex lacks a track option for your Story Mode selections/progression
    • - Combat scrolling text does not show if you are at max range of your target.
    • - Lack of Combat Scrolling Text types of info positioning option
    • - Add a confirmation window for buying items with commendations or a re-sale timer window of 1h if you buy the wrong item with full refund
    • - Lack of option to disable Smart Camera function
    • - Lack of Target of Target Frame
    • - Lack of option to turn of warnings (out of range/not ready yet/etc)
    • - When dragging items off hotbars, it asks if you want to destroy the item (even if you have none left)
    • - Vendor sorting not working as intended, when i select usable by me it still shows everything, i think its theres is anything on the tooltip that is red letters eg. Medium armor, all those items should not be shown, also add more sorting option like usable by "companion name" and slots

GTN:

• - We need to be able to search immediately by typing the items name, without selection sub-sections
    • - Armor needs option for Slot
    • - Lack Bid and Buyout options
    • - Lack of options for stack posting (Think appraiser from Auctioneer Addon in WoW) Eg. 3 x 10 Rubat crystal, will make 3 post of 10 crystals or 30 x 1 will make 30 posts of 1 crystal
    • - Remove the double search option from GTN, really no need for it
    • - Lack of Sales/ Purchase history, with tools for average/median prices over a week, month, year period

PvP:

• - Group is disbanded after WZ is finished, is pretty annoying
    • - Lack of wz selection
    • - All wz should use Huttball selection process, Empire vs Empire, cause theres a huge imbalance in terms faction division, and Empire players only seem to get Huttball (huttball is fun and i enjoy it, but i also want to be able to enjoy the other wz)
    • - Ability to show personal debuffs on enemy nameplates.
    • - Camera view keeps resetting after death

Raid Frames:

• - Lack of Party/Raid Frames option to only shown Debuffs you can dispel/cleanse from friendly targets.
    • - Fix Health not showing properly on Raid Frames
    • - Lack of Option for horizontal positioning.

SI Sorcerer:

• - Lightning Barrage proc, allows to get a second cast at reduce time if you spam Lightning Strike again with 0.5sec left on castbar
    • - Death Field should heal your companions/party members if within a certain range of the target area of the AoE zone
    • - While casting Force Storm, if you select Force Storm again and get the AoE Area visual effect, it will de-select itself when the first Force Storm cast is over, basically we cant have ready a second Force Storm queued
    • - the AoE skills visual effect (Death Field and Force Storm) is way smaller than the area it covers (this is the same for every other AoE in game, even mobs, and it will be pretty awful for Operation fights with AoE mechanics)
    • - Khem Val and Xalek, reset their skills after mounting, dying, summoned
    • - Off-GCD abilities start a GCD if not used during a GCD.
    • - Sometimes cant use Static Barrier on Sith Warriors, even if never casted before on him.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not bashing, but a lot of those items are already reported and well on their way to being changed/fixed according to dev posts.

I do agree with a lot of those issues, other than the SI ones as I have no experience with the class.

i know some of them have been reported, that doesnt mean i should not mention them again, it reminds them they need to be implemented fast ^^ (will be posting this on SWTOR forums later on)

Deleted
    A Lot of them will also be fixed when addons are allowed too. Certain things like proc warnings, scrolling combat text or sorting things in bags, are not provided well by any game (WoW only recently got it's proc auras). UI scaling is a bad thing, because there are some really annoying things with pet controls that really coudl be fixed by it.

With my companion Kaliyo, skill 9 is a charge attack, which I have bound to my mouse, but I can only use it if the bar is visable on screen. Having the bar along the bottom obscures my second row of abilities (the ones I click) and having it along the left side makes it ride up into the chat box, meaning that when I try to select passive (by clicking) I hover over the chat box and cannot click through it. Also, it's hard to read chat when you have any window open. (I've had to move and resize chat to accommodate both these options) Being able to scale down the UI would fix both these issues.

Rift did have a much better default UI, I could easily conceive of playing much of that game w/o addons (if raiding I suspect a boss mod would be required)

The majority of the UI issues I have will be fixed with addons, so I try not to let them bother me overly much.

Most of the AH things you want are not supported as standard on any MMO on the market, Even EVE's does not have all the functionality af Auctioneer, or Auctionator.

everything that won't be fixed instantly once addons are allowed, are general faults that are in the works. I'd be worried about people reading this thread and seeing it as another bashing of the game that is not entirely fair. Might lead to a bad reputation.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    i know some of them have been reported, that doesnt mean i should not mention them again, it reminds them they need to be implemented fast ^^ (will be posting this on SWTOR forums later on)
    Only put in your post on the SWTOR forum, the actual bugs, not nice to haves that are currently only available in other games through addons

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    God, the GTN is just so bad. It needs a lot of work. If it was at least as functional as WoW's stock AH it would be OK (not praising WoW's AH here), but it's several steps below even that.

Still, if that's our biggest problem we're in a good place. And the GTN is... kinda functional...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with people these days? Does nobody know the difference between "to" and "too" any more?

(not to casual not to hardcore)

to casual? Is that a verb?

So basically, fix a couple of bugs, and you want a bunch of your WoW addons. OK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post

I believe you'll find it is a question.

Deleted
    What's wrong with people these days? Does nobody know the difference between "to" and "too" any more?

Holy shit who pissed in your cereal this morning.

Almost as bad as people who get worked up about things like that.