10+ Year Old Account

Excited for the amount of mod able armor?

I love the fact i can pick what armor style i want and stick with it and put different mods in it to make it better. It's a very good strategy and it also makes me level my cybertech even faster so i can get my blue mods and armoring before anything else.

not enough, or simply none, level 50+ mods/enchancement ruins the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alexishomer View Post
    not enough, or simply none, level 50+ mods/enchancement ruins the fun.
    This, I was excited to be able to make my own armoring and mods has a cybertech but now it seems the only useful level 50 things i can make are bop mount and grenades

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    This, I was excited to be able to make my own armoring and mods has a cybertech but now it seems the only useful level 50 things i can make are bop mount and grenades
    You could always have a guild mate craft you an artifact piece with their only material...... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    You could always have a guild mate craft you an artifact piece with their only material...... oh wait.
    Your fault for not seeing its bop! *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    While I hear at endgame this is a moot point, I do love the modifiable gear. I love the fact as a heavy armor class I can wear just about anything and mod it to my class stats. My BH is wearing one of those Sith gasmask things and looks sweet. I saw a Sith Jugg dressed up like a Trooper wielding light sabers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its nice for your companions and such, but later on your weapon and armor has moddable gear, except for the armoring, hilt, and barrels. It'd be nice if they give us moddable BoP gear for the armoring and such so we are still able to customize our selves to what we want to look like. I know I have Vette in a dancer uniform (Yeah I got bored, and my friend suggested it for giggles and we make random jokes about it) and it helps with gearing and such (especially for companions). Maybe if they decided to let us remove the high rating mods hilt / armoring / barrel it'd be better, but overall I like it.

I hate the fact that moddable gear has made the gear crafting skills useless. I hate that mods on vendors are cheaper and better than what you can make if you pick up the skill.

Seeing as how this is all still fairly new, we haven't seen anything except the first tier of gear. I would save stuff like this after the next content release or so, that will probably provide more info as to how Bioware is planning on handling stuff like this. Seems pretty short sighted if they didn't have a plan for this, so I would bet this will become a non-issue.

Crafters can learn up to #22 versions of mods from trainers and there are schematics available for the #23 versions. Level 50 epics that I've seen tend to have #25 but no primary mod (meaning no hilt/barrel/armoring).

This is a pretty good system. Of course crafters won't be able to make the best mods--that would make Ops gear irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Crafters can learn up to #22 versions of mods from trainers and there are schematics available for the #23 versions. Level 50 epics that I've seen tend to have #25 but no primary mod (meaning no hilt/barrel/armoring).

This is a pretty good system. Of course crafters won't be able to make the best mods--that would make Ops gear irrelevant.
    Crafting gear is even worse then the daily gear so its a horrible system. Only crew skill I see being viable long term is biochem

Crafting gear is even worse then the daily gear so its a horrible system. Only crew skill I see being viable long term is biochem
    The mods you can get from dailies are the same mods you can make with crafting once you have the schematic. They are both #23.

For instance

http://www.torhead.com/item/5RgUx2W
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-01-04 at 10:55 PM.

The mods you can get from dailies are the same mods you can make with crafting once you have the schematic. They are both #23.

For instance

Well thats good news, I havn't been able to get a schematic yet and I assumed since all I could make was 22 that would be all I would get.

I still think biochem would be the best longterm, with some crewskills doing just alright

15+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to getting to the higher levels to get good mods for my stuff. So far, I'm able to make a prototype Might 5 hilt (level 15), and my Marauder is only level 14.

Will be fun to get orange gear that looks cool and just pop the right mods into it. I assume there are limitations, but I'm pretty versatile.

Never considered Biochem. It seems too much like Alchemy...
    For the Alliance!

Well thats good news, I havn't been able to get a schematic yet and I assumed since all I could make was 22 that would be all I would get.

I still think biochem would be the best longterm, with some crewskills doing just alright
    I've actually been talking with my guild and yeah, we've basically come to the conclusion that they're going to have to nerf Biochem or we are all going Bio for raids.

Deleted
    I've actually been talking with my guild and yeah, we've basically come to the conclusion that they're going to have to nerf Biochem or we are all going Bio for raids.
    I'd probably LoL normally, but I actually ditched Slicing for CyberTech, then ditched CyberTech for Bio yesterday (got it up to 200 in four hours - the only slow part is Diplomacy). This is what's going to happen unless/until they address the other skills.

Btw I didn't ditch Slicing because of the nerf, but because it just seems a bit rubbish. I don't care about lockboxes, I just want something that's actually useful on a daily basis at 50, and even if they do improve the other crafting skills it's going to be a long, long time before they have the itemisation that WoW/LoTRO/etc have.

i dinged 400 artifice lat night and bought 20+ Enhancement 22 recipes, only to find out most of them are the same with just different names, theres like 5 r22 recipes with the EXACT SAME STATS, what a rip-off of credits, then you go to Illum and you see way better Enhancement, and wonder why did i spend all this amount of credits for something no one will ever consider buying

same goes with the 400 skill lightsabers, its just copy paste, like for example theres 2 recipes with the name Radiant Blade, with the exact same stats the only difference is the crystal color, WHY BOTHER.

as soon as i make my Relics i will drop this for Biochem cause its the only crew skill with sales potential

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 02:04 PM ----------

Ok, i might have overreacted, altough the green version of Artifice mods might have the same stats the blue and purple version change.

i compiled a doc with the mastercraft version of all r22 enhancments i will be able to make when i get lucky with RE :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&output=html

DPS and DEFENSE Sheets

NOTE: some of the DPS can be used by healers
    Last edited by Lusitan; 2012-01-06 at 02:04 PM.