Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moucalgeon View Post
    There are just always people that will do ANYTHING for gold/money
    And others who will pay any amount of money for getting gear.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Blizz won't do anything about this same as they won't do anything about "LFD tank for hire". They are both clever use of badly designed mechanics.
    This is such bull crap I had to comment. Theres nothing wrong with selling tank instant queues and nothing wrong BUYING tank instant queues.

Same goes for LFR "needers for hire" Its a way to get progression without having to worry about competition from outsiders. If people are willing to pay for these services, and people are willing to render these services, why is there a problem?

Please do explain???

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, this is awesome. I bet people will pay dearly for a tier token. Muahahahahahaaaa

This is actually a smart idea. Even if you can't trade gold cross realm its a good opportunity especially if you have no reason to run it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Blizz won't do anything about this same as they won't do anything about "LFD tank for hire". They are both clever use of badly designed mechanics.
    Erm, so you think that Blizzard will do something about this, then? Because you know they killed tank queue selling months ago, right?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Whats so illegal with this?
    Its like running dungeon with friends. Whats wrong if your friends need items for you in dungeon?

I always assume anyone who comes to MMO-Champ and requests a blue response to their post is either trolling or a moron.

Which one are you, OP?

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-01-04 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    How is this any different than selling spots in a run with a tank for no que times, or selling spots for current-level titles/meta mounts?

If you don't like the practice, /ignore the person doing it, problem solved.
    It's very different...because this isn't a way for people to gain an unfair advantage in acquiring loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardone View Post
    um... the trinkets are "Unique-Equipped" and thus is working as intended to prevent 2 being equipped but allowing any number in a players bank/bags

Even easier fix then, remove the Equipped and problem fixed. Tired of fucknuts that can't even pull 10k dps needing on shit then turning around trying to sell them/trade them.

Blizz doesn't give a crap. It's not against the rules, here is a similar situation and a blue post response from today. Basically if you can need something according to blizzard there is nothing stopping you from needing it, they don't care what you do with it afterwards.

I wish they'd just make all the random-finder gear un-tradeable.

The 2-hour grace period works nicely for guild runs (hey, these legs are your BIS, give the leg token from the last boss to player X and we'll give you these, everyone wins). But it just causes more problems than it fixes in LFD/LFR.

Things that this would break: accidentally winning both drops of a dupe item.
    Things that this would fix: everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know---thats actuly a pretty good idea. I could make tons of gold like this on chars that i have 5/5 already. And its very easy to avoid a kick--you just say--you given it to xxx player in wisper.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Because you know they killed tank queue selling months ago, right?
    The only thing Blizzard changed was the tank has to stay and can't queue people to the front of the line and bail. Now, if they leave too soon it takes the entire party that queued together out. Tanks still regularly sell spots for instant queues and run the instance.

Make all gear In LFR unique (barring 1h swords)
    make all gear In LFR bound to certain classes (they did this one)
    Make all gear In LFR bound to certain roles (SP cant roll on healer dagger or trinks if que'd as dps)
    Make all gear IN LFR unable to be traded
    Vendoring any item acquired from LFR gives 10 silver Tier pieces in LFR give no gold and can only be destroyed

I dont see them making these changes but they should

Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    The only thing Blizzard changed was the tank has to stay and can't queue people to the front of the line and bail. Now, if they leave too soon it takes the entire party that queued together out. Tanks still regularly sell spots for instant queues and run the instance.
    Exactly, that's the entire point.

Before, they could "sell" a spot at the start of the queue and leave without having to run the dungeon themselves. This meant that people who were waiting in the DPS queue had to wait even longer as the first spots were being taken by people tanks were selling them to, and it didn't increase the number of tanks doing the dungeons.

Now, the tank NEEDS to finish the instance and can't just sell spots at the front of the queue with no consequences, so they are not selling fast queues, they are selling their service as a tank.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

or.............. way easier fix:

remove LFR.
    and use that time the developers are using into LFR and the new difficulties and whatnot into actual new content

Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    Vendoring any item acquired from LFR gives 10 silver Tier pieces in LFR give no gold and can only be destroyed
    This breaks the gold-sink aspect of reforging, as reforge cost is tied to vendor price.

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    or.............. way easier fix:

remove LFR.
    and use that time the developers are using into LFR and the new difficulties and whatnot into actual new content
    Yeah, since Blizzard have control over time and space they can magically transfer all of the time already spent on this into some magical new content! That's how time works, right? Or maybe they should waste all of that effort because you don't like it and can't figure out that you don't *need* to run it. Sounds like an awesome plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Yeah, since Blizzard have control over time and space they can magically transfer all of the time already spent on this into some magical new content! That's how time works, right? Or maybe they should waste all of that effort because you don't like it and can't figure out that you don't *need* to run it. Sounds like an awesome plan.
    i never said "used" but rather "are using" so i dont know what youre talking about. also every new raid will have LFR so yea..

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This breaks the gold-sink aspect of reforging, as reforge cost is tied to vendor price.
    AH but see this is the genius of it. If wow worked well then most of the people bitching would have to stop doing so, and since that is were 95% of there gaming enjoyment comes from they might quit (blizz wouldn't like this)

Instead you break reforging for LFR making it stupid cheap to reforge, it would give those people something to bitch about still. I dont think i'll see min/maxers posting anything like "well the heroic version of this is way better, but you'll have to spend 11g to reforge this while the LFR version is only 2silver so it's obvious you go with the LFR version"

/sarcasim (kinda)