Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dragon Soul Loot Problem (NO Non-Spirit Offhand)

Hi. Just wanted to say, there is no non-spirit offhand. Am i missing something? Or are mages and locks just gimped?

dragonwrath

Legendary staff says hi

good thing ill be using dragonwrath then huh

Deathwing drops a pretty sick staff as well

lmao. Dragonwrath won't be BIS above heroic DS gear. Either stop trolling or you don't know enough about stats to realize it won't be, which brings up the question, why do you have a legendary? But yeah, i thought its somewhat fixed by not giving a 403/416 offhand, which will force everyone to use the 403/416 staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    lmao. Dragonwrath won't be BIS above heroic DS gear. Either stop trolling or you don't know enough about stats to realize it won't be, which brings up the question, why do you have a legendary? But yeah, i thought its somewhat fixed by not giving a 403/416 offhand, which will force everyone to use the 403/416 staff.
    lmao. yes it will

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    lmao. yes it will
    It's getting nerfed, have you simmed it to be sure?

lmao. yes it will
    legendaries in the past had to be buffed for that to be so. Currently, dragonwrath is being nerfed.

Nerfed because blizzard does NOT WANT IT TO BE BIS

yes its getting nerfed because dragonwrath gets STRONGER as the rest of our gear gets better. it will still be bis in 4.3

It's probably being nerfed so that the heroic dragon soul loot isn't devalued.. 15% proc chance of copying a spell is also very op, it's unlimited scaling and about 10k+ for one slot.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77938

btw

As it stands Dragonwrath is still going to be BiS

Deleted
    People who are saying pick a staff are not finding a solution to the problem. No mage / warlock will use the 1-handed dagger for casters if there's no good off-hand to go with it. So mages and warlocks are limited to staves while the hybrids have more options. That's the problem here. There should be an offhand without spirit. Maybe there is though, its still PTR!

10+ Year Old Account
    yes its getting nerfed because dragonwrath gets STRONGER as the rest of our gear gets better. it will still be bis in 4.3
    keep dreaming, and not everyone has the staff, especially when warlocks need to wait behind mages. I assume blizzard wants us using staves

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    As it stands Dragonwrath is still going to be BiS
    this wont happen. it never has in the past, I expect a nerf in the near future
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Dragonwrath (yes, the nerfed version) will be BiS at least up until H Deathwing weapons, and at that point, progression is over, so who cares?

I doubt blizzard has an issue with a legendary being BiS up until the end of the next tier.

The Dragonwrath nerf is not big enough to drop it from being BiS. As it stands its too big of a DPS increase from one slot, it'll still be huge after the nerf, just a little bit less.

EDIT: AFAIK, Valanyr was BiS through H ICC. At least the healers who had it in my guild kept using it.

Who cares if DW is BiS? Not everyone has it, 10 man raidgroups have one staff at max and maybe 3-5 casters, and other may now begin to raid (again).

So there are only the staffs left to be BiS from that tier - but on the other hand, there is only one one-handed weapon to be worn by wl/mages from DS, so this whole discussion is pretty pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Who cares if DW is BiS? Not everyone has it, 10 man raidgroups have one staff at max and maybe 3-5 casters, and other may now begin to raid (again).

So there are only the staffs left to be BiS from that tier - but on the other hand, there is only one one-handed weapon to be worn by wl/mages from DS, so this whole discussion is pretty pointless.
    Yea, true 10man raiders only got 1 staff, though we will be getting our second next week, so my guild will have 2 before DS.

And btw, dragonwrath will be bis, I don't even know how anyone with some basic mathskills would argue against that. Oo

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    this wont happen. it never has in the past, I expect a nerf in the near future
    Yeah man, nobody used Thunderfury after MC.

Oh wait, people used it all the way into early BC content until it was nerfed.

Val'anyr?

Oh wait, people used it for the rest of the expansion.

Guess you're right, never ever happened before ever.