Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    because relying on a bug in order to be competitive with other classes is really going to fix the big issue...
    If you think it was a bug, you're extremely ignorant. It's been working like this FOREVER. They just call it a bug to avoid backlash from the more ignorant people who believe everything Blizzard says. It is a direct and unwarranted nerf.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ug I actually noticed this tonight running a few randoms with some guild members. Cleared the trash to last boss in The last of the new 5 mans forget the name atm. Not 1 single proc for the sword yet before this nerf I would get an easy dozen if not more. Makes me sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If you think it was a bug, you're extremely ignorant. It's been working like this FOREVER. They just call it a bug to avoid backlash from the more ignorant people who believe everything Blizzard says. It is a direct and unwarranted nerf.
    Sorry, no it was a bug, it was not intended for rets to be able to proc the tentacle twice off every melee hit. The fact that you are taking it as an unwarranted nerf is just showing your ignorance.

Also, putting you below unholy doesn't make you one of the worst dps specs, you are still midpack as is unholy, just be glad you aren't a warrior.

My Deviantart sig by Axa

aww so does that mean we cant have like 5 pets up at the same time anymore =( ill miss that extra proc... first time i got that swrd hitting a target dummy i had 3 of those suckers up mercing things for me ...

Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    Sorry, no it was a bug, it was not intended for rets to be able to proc the tentacle twice off every melee hit. The fact that you are taking it as an unwarranted nerf is just showing your ignorance.

Also, putting you below unholy doesn't make you one of the worst dps specs, you are still midpack as is unholy, just be glad you aren't a warrior.
    you mean that class that does over 50k on ultraxion and still is getting 5k dps from tenticles?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

#14 is not mid-pack.

Warriors are #2 dps in Arms spec.

Check the facts before you post nonsense.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

So has this been already implemented? Or is it part of the plan for 4.3.2?

Nerf was rolled overnight as a hot-fix.

Ultraxion last night - 5.3k tentacle dps over 6min
    Ultraxion this night - 1.3k tentacle dps over 6min

So, correcting myself, it's actually -4k dps or -9% nerf.

Hmm, ran a full Firelands with a few Heroics, as well as about 20 pulls on Heroic Morchok and I didn't notice a thing. Although we don't have logs, looking over recount it doesn't seem to have diminished much.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 01:58 AM ----------

Nvm looking at more of these and I do see it either being up like usual or barely at all -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    How disheartening to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Another hotfix nerf for Paladins, really does seem the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    because relying on a bug in order to be competitive with other classes is really going to fix the big issue...
    Demonology 4.1-4.2 would like to say hi. They had to stack mastery procs into an abusively bugged Doomguard (which was getting TRIPLE benefit from it) in order to stay mid-pack. It was to the point that if you didn't have the Moonwell Chalice, you would not be allowed into a raid if your guild was serious. Worked out in the end, I really like the spec now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Nerf was rolled overnight as a hot-fix.

Ultraxion last night - 5.3k tentacle dps over 6min
    Ultraxion this night - 1.3k tentacle dps over 6min

So, correcting myself, it's actually -4k dps or -9% nerf.
    That's one parse. If anything, this change makes it more RNG than it has ever been, making anecdotal evidence completely unacceptable for any comparisons involving Gurth.

Some -very- rough math based on the data posted on the first page here about proc chances shows that Gurth will suffer a 58% decrease in proc rate which is a 58% decrease in damage (I know - fight length can clip it so there is a slight effect, but -ROUGH- math). I'm not sure if the 5.3k tentacle DPS is an average representation of your experiences with it pre-nerf or not, but the calculation can be extended from there.

Edit: Regardless, this may even be a moot point - that "buff" to Gurth on the front page for the next patch? That looks like a buff to the duration but I bet you FOUR KITTENS there is a ICD increase to go along with it.

Edit 2: I'm not actually betting four kittens.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

http://i.imgur.com/GD0kv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DcSqm.jpg

it procs ALOT less then pre hotfix, i mean ... 3 min try 0 procs ... hilarious.

ah well, will see tonight how its gonna be like in raid

Sword is proccing from Arms mastery extra attacks and Rend. Warriors have awfully more melee attacks that can proc it. Rets hava only a few attacks that can (CS, TV, autoattacks, not sure if Judgement counts as melee). We are at 1.5s GCD and many of our GCDs are taken by spells that cannot proc the sword (HW, Exo, Cons). Not sure who is ignorant here... Unholy at least has mastery that can buff tentacle damage.

it definitely procs from judgement
    Last edited by hiddeh; 2012-01-05 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeh View Post
    it procs ALOT less then pre hotfix, i mean ... 3 min try 0 procs ... hilarious.
    ah well, will see tonight how its gonna be like in raid
    I got zero procs in LFR yesterday on Morchok, Yor, Zonozz and Hagara. Pathetic.

Yes, I am so glad that I'm not a Warrior.

Shove it.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-01-05 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This "weapon damage" triggered by Seal application is considered a melee attack by most trinkets and weapons that use this sort of mechanic.

(Examples: [Tiny Abomination in a Jar], [Shadowmourne], [Varo'then's Brooch]...the list could go on.)

The way this mechanic works is how it has always worked for Ret, because the spec suffers from a long GCD of 1.5 seconds, compounded by the fact that a good deal of those GCD's are dedicated to "spells" such as Exorcism, Holy Wrath, Consecration, etc... each of which have no chance to proc melee effects. Seal procs leveled out our "melee strike" totals with other classes and provide a level playing field for proc items, such as Gurthalak.

Now, Kaivax went and changed all that:
    The specific bug was that paladins running Seal of Truth had two chances with every swing to trigger the proc with Gurthalak or Souldrinker. They now have one chance.
    ...and that's a big reason why I'm frustrated. Precedence, people...it's like the Supreme Court. -_-

I understand it was obscenely strong before, but this is indeed an overnerf.
    Last edited by Phantoms; 2012-01-05 at 10:19 AM.