Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Meh, then the choice-in-question isn't that important to you.
    Seriously? This is a critical piece of info that SHOULD be shown upfront and ingame.

EJL

First off, the game info about what keys to display gear is wrong. This is their fault and not the player who reads this and tries it.

Secondly, i consider it a VERY bad system if players are forced to go to 3th party websites to figure out basic information that Bioware has failed to mention about items.

The UI and interface interaction is the biggest issue in TOR and most issues people mention can be gathered under that title. From the absolutely dreadfull GTN to item information and the simply retarted method of splitting stacks of items. It feels unnatural and it works against me as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    First off, the game info about what keys to display gear is wrong. This is their fault and not the player who reads this and tries it.

Secondly, i consider it a VERY bad system if players are forced to go to 3th party websites to figure out basic information that Bioware has failed to mention about items.

The UI and interface interaction is the biggest issue in TOR and most issues people mention can be gathered under that title. From the absolutely dreadfull GTN to item information and the simply retarted method of splitting stacks of items. It feels unnatural and it works against me as a player.
    You mean shift clicking + drag, same as any other MMO, just because it's used with the right button instead of the left doesn't make it retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Happily trotted off to the vendor, looked at the 2 pairs of gloves that were suitable for me, one had more willpower, one had more power. From what I'd read, Willpower > Power, so I picked those.[/B]
    Same happened to me with T1 chest. Buttugly got quickly stripped out of mods and got them installed to my old chestpiece. Conical helmets are also banned from my set.

I've fallen into the same trap as the OP as well. I ctrl+right clicked a lightsaber to see what the mods were specifically, and it bought it.

Normally wouldn't be a big issue... it had the right stats for me and everything. One hitch, though... it was restricted to Light III and above. I was on my Sith Marauder, who was Dark IV at the time. Yeah, that sucked.

They need to put a confirmation screen for purchasing commendation items. "Are you sure you want to buy <insert item name/tooltip> for <insert amount of commendations>? Y/N". They also need to let you sell back commendation items for a refund of commendations within X amount of time, the way WoW lets you sell back JP/VP items within 2 hours for a refund of the JP/VP.

Don't even get me started on the GTN interface... that's a whole other migraine. The UI is definitely the worst part about this game.

Honestly it sucks it's not in game but you can't expect everyone to copy WoW. I'm sorry OP, it happens to everyone and hopefully it only happens once.

2nd poster - As said before you should know by 50 what is healer gear and what is DPS gear. Sad to see you made that mistake but come on now. They should show the set bonus though, that is pretty dumb so I guess I'll give you that one.

Deleted
    It gets much worse than that.

We did EV the other night, won the glove tokens for the T2 gloves.

Happily trotted off to the vendor, looked at the 2 pairs of gloves that were suitable for me, one had more willpower, one had more power. From what I'd read, Willpower > Power, so I picked those.

...once they appear in my bag, they're part of a set with a DPS-specific set bonus. The other pair were the healing ones. Of course the set bonus doesn't appear on the vendors does it!

GM wouldn't help me either, so I'm stuck with a pair of the DPS gloves on my healer. Awesome. Oh but I can sell them back for some credits, woo.
    There are gear sets in this game? :O Where can I see pvp gear set bonuses? lol

Meh, then the choice-in-question isn't that important to you. Also in the case of the 2nd poster throughout the ENTIRE game, the dps gear has more willpower than the healer or tank gear, it'd be impossible to get to 50 without noticing this.
    Regardless of this truth, the OP has all right to argue the current system. Mistakes are easily made, especially when you're not aware of the fact that you need to consult a third party information source before making a choice in a multi-milion-development-cost MMO.

Yes, it's partially due to the nature of current MMO's that gamers became lazy, but that doesn't mean that some information isn't required to properly play the game. This is such information and the developer should provide it, properly.

If you want to see mods in an item, enable detailed tootips in your preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this was done to prevent people from "renting" items.

Happily trotted off to the vendor, looked at the 2 pairs of gloves that were suitable for me, one had more willpower, one had more power. From what I'd read, Willpower > Power, so I picked those.

...once they appear in my bag, they're part of a set with a DPS-specific set bonus. The other pair were the healing ones. Of course the set bonus doesn't appear on the vendors does it!

GM wouldn't help me either, so I'm stuck with a pair of the DPS gloves on my healer. Awesome. Oh but I can sell them back for some credits, woo.
    You can get it fixed. Apparently you have 3 fixes per 6 months. I'm in the process of getting my Gunslinger boots changed into scoundrel ones.

Not showing set bonuses on the vendor is epic fail. I can't even fathom it. Then again, why let scoundrels purchase gunslinger gear in the first place?

I've submitted another ticket, they're taking around 2 days to reply, so hopefully I get a better GM this time.

Seems like Bioware has been living under an mmo rock for years played WoW for one day got the basics down then just went wild and forgot many many things almost all mmos have learned over the years.

I ran into this problem as well.

How one friggin moron over years of development didn't think of this very reasonable problem occurring is quite an amazing feat.

Love the game for its story but Bioware seems to be just as dumb as blizzard just without the experience.

I empathize with you both, it's a pretty stupid system. But the information to prevent both cases is out there, so it's kinda hard to sympathize for you.
    Just like how some talents are meant for PvP and not PvE? I guess people should put in the required eight plus hours of research before playing the game, oh wait, this ain't Eve.

There are just too many stupid omissions it gets tiresome when you have your game play affected. Yet we can't even get a list of what is to come from these guys, their entire reddit interview was a bunch of "we don't know and can't tell you" replies.

You cannot even get the purchase refunded by a CSR... BTDT. Been going on two weeks of CSR tickets which go into an endless loop of "Please provide detailed information on date/time/etc of when you lost the item and include the phrase seesaw in the reply"...
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    You can get it fixed. Apparently you have 3 fixes per 6 months. I'm in the process of getting my Gunslinger boots changed into scoundrel ones.

Not showing set bonuses on the vendor is epic fail. I can't even fathom it. Then again, why let scoundrels purchase gunslinger gear in the first place?
    What is the difference between Scoundrel and Gunslinger gear?
    At all the commendation vendors I have seen they sell two differently named versions of Cunning gear but with no stat differences whatsoever (same endurance, cunning armor ect.)

Do I have to turn on something to see set bonuses even after i purchased gear?

if you play a SI, the healing set is actually pretty good in terms of stats when compared to the DPS one, the only thing that sucks is the set bonus.

Force-master - caster DPS
    Mystic - Healing

according to sithwarrior.com site

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    What is the difference between Scoundrel and Gunslinger gear?
    At all the commendation vendors I have seen they sell two differently named versions of Cunning gear but with no stat differences whatsoever (same endurance, cunning armor ect.)

Do I have to turn on something to see set bonuses even after i purchased gear?
    Mainly set bonuses.

There are three sets, scoundrel dps, gunslinger dps, and scoundrel healing. The healing set is identified by alacrity, but the other two are similar in stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    You mean shift clicking + drag, same as any other MMO, just because it's used with the right button instead of the left doesn't make it retarded.
    shift+click = link item to chat.
    shift+click+drag = link item to chat and split stacks at the same time... yes, brilliant function. Which couldve been completely avoided by just using one of the many available combinations instead.

Deleted
    Pretty sure they should add a small refund window, even it's say, 15 minutes; that's more than enough time to realise you've bought the wrong item, and refund it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    OK Bioware, who didn't think to put THIS in the game? One of my guildies tells me I can ctrl+right-click a commendation vendor item to see the mod slots before I buy it. I happily jump off that bridge, and all of a sudden I've purchased the item. Too bad it was the wrong one! So I sell it back and get 550 credits instead of 14 badges!

1) Don't trust your guildies when it comes to money!

2) You can't get commendation refunds. This strikes me as a ridiculous oversight on Bioware's part. But yeah, consider this a public service announcement.

eish...That happened to me a few days ago, i buyed the wrong item by mystake. But you failed again selling the item :P
    When this happens u must open a ticket with this information:

- Character Name
    - Server Name
    - Full name of the item(s) if possible
    - Where the item was obtained or purchased
    - Purchase Price (Commendations/Credits)
    - Location of the item now (Sold/Deleted/Inventory)
    - Date/Time the item was Sold/Deleted/Obtained

For quicker assistance, they recommend that you keep the item in your inventory.

p.s. "We can restore item(s) for you. However, please be advised that we can only proceed with three restoration requests in a six month period."
    Last edited by mmoc03b6040c40; 2012-01-05 at 02:35 PM.