Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    shift+click = link item to chat.
    shift+click+drag = link item to chat and split stacks at the same time... yes, brilliant function. Which couldve been completely avoided by just using one of the many available combinations instead.
    Try using your right mouse button instead of your left, just sayin'.

I totally agree that there should be a sellback option as I did the same thing a couple times in beta and also once in live although I was able to pull all the mods out and use it.

However, I think I know why it is somewhat complicated to do compared to other MMOs. Mods. If you could sell back any item you bough, it would be pretty easy to buy an item, steal the mods, and sell it back. So in order to prevent that, they will have to have a system that either checks to confirm all the correct mods are still on the item, or, make sure that there were no changes to the itme. If there isn't already a flag (field) in their database that stores items for characters, that would require a new field and then new coding to recognize that field.
    Basically, it could be very complicated because of mods, depending on how their code is written and how their databases were designed. So it may not be all that easy to impliment. I am sure they will at some point, but it could take some time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    if you play a SI, the healing set is actually pretty good in terms of stats when compared to the DPS one, the only thing that sucks is the set bonus.

Force-master - caster DPS
    Mystic - Healing

according to sithwarrior.com site
    Yes thats true i learned this buy buying the wrong item solely on the stats since i could not look up this info when i bought the set item 7 days ago.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    I made the mistake of purchasing the wrong T2 helm the other day, and filed a ticket. This is the (relevant part of the) response I received via email, for those affected/interested:

Three restorations per six months... That seems like a fair deal to me, not that I'm against a refund window option.
    Hu? i got back "I am Protocol Droid W4-U9 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding your request for items exchange.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. However, we could only provide exchanges/ returns if the item/credit was bought/acquired due to a game bug or a game design flaw.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...
    Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W4-U9 (aka Gerhard)
    Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey which will help us to continually improve our support!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beigemore View Post
    I don't play this game, but in general you shouldn't have to do research outside of a game for purchases like this just to make sure you buy the right item (dps or healing).
    Exactly. I'm glad I haven't bought anything by mistake yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    It gets much worse than that.

We did EV the other night, won the glove tokens for the T2 gloves.

Happily trotted off to the vendor, looked at the 2 pairs of gloves that were suitable for me, one had more willpower, one had more power. From what I'd read, Willpower > Power, so I picked those.

...once they appear in my bag, they're part of a set with a DPS-specific set bonus. The other pair were the healing ones. Of course the set bonus doesn't appear on the vendors does it!

GM wouldn't help me either, so I'm stuck with a pair of the DPS gloves on my healer. Awesome. Oh but I can sell them back for some credits, woo.
    Just in case no one has said it yet, this is already being fixed. The most recent patch notes (the 1st content patch) says so . I think its just in the test realm atm, but it'll be live in on time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing i noticed is if you try delete an in game mail with money in it there is no warning...I only recently realised that there has been probably about 2k+ credits I have missed out on because i didnt notice the small credits box down the bottom and have been completely deleting ingame mails with credits sitting there and NO WARNING...if there is an option that i have accidently ticked please let me know...someone should put these few things in swtor forums as more stuff bioware should fix when they can.

Deleted
    Welcome to the realm of newly released mmo's. Now quit your bitchin' get back on the horse and enjoy the ride till they release combustion engines :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mizanthropic View Post
    Welcome to the realm of newly released mmo's. Now quit your bitchin' get back on the horse and enjoy the ride till they release combustion engines :P
    True this game is new. However, the game has a good amount of bugs and problems with polish. It's been a few weeks since the Early Access was released and yet very few bug changes to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhands View Post
    True this game is new. However, the game has a good amount of bugs and problems with polish. It's been a few weeks since the Early Access was released and yet very few bug changes to the game.
    While I understand where your coming from I will say that it could just be due to the fact that they have a content patch on the way and are leaving some stuff till then. They had a patch for the commendations going into your inventory and you saw how that ended. The game's not been out month give them a little time.