Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looking for some advice. I'll be playing for the first time this weekend, and what is a good class to start off with that's easy to get into? I don't want to play something that is really complicated early on and get frustrated. I heard from people to stay away from elementalist, engineer, and mesmer early on, but they didn't say what was so complicated about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Looking for some advice. I'll be playing for the first time this weekend, and what is a good class to start off with that's easy to get into? I don't want to play something that is really complicated early on and get frustrated. I heard from people to stay away from elementalist, engineer, and mesmer early on, but they didn't say what was so complicated about them.
    The Elementalist has 4 attunements (Water,Earth, Air and Fire) so 20 skills per weapon at any one time (Once they have been unlocked) you don't have to "stance dance" but it sure makes it easier. The Engineer also has kits (I haven't played one a lot so correct me if I'm wrong) that he/she can switch inbetween similar to the Elementalist so it makes it a bit more complicated as the other classes only have 10 skills (swapping between 2 weapons that have 5 each). I haven't played a Mesmer yet.

I personally didn't find the Elementalist hard but it did take a while to get used to.. if you like ranged the Ranger and Necromancer are pretty fun classes, so are the Warrior and Guardian for melee, but keep in mind most classes can use some melee and some ranged weapons.. I hope I helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    The Elementalist has 4 attunements (Water,Earth, Air and Fire) so 20 skills per weapon at any one time (Once they have been unlocked) you don't have to "stance dance" but it sure makes it easier. The Engineer also has kits (I haven't played one a lot so correct me if I'm wrong) that he/she can switch inbetween similar to the Elementalist so it makes it a bit more complicated as the other classes only have 10 skills (swapping between 2 weapons that have 5 each). I haven't played a Mesmer yet.

I personally didn't find the Elementalist hard but it did take a while to get used to.. if you like ranged the Ranger and Necromancer are pretty fun classes, so are the Warrior and Guardian for melee, but keep in mind most classes can use some melee and some ranged weapons.. I hope I helped.
    Yeah this helped. I wanted to try Ele and Mesmer, and i will, but with all the skills i worry they may be too much at once. Mesmer maybe not as much.
    I was thinking of trying Ranger. I started to lose interest in them the more videos i saw though. Same with Guardians. Necro might be a good choice though for me.

Will the limit still be at 5 characters for this Beta event?

Deleted
    nvm.......
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2012-07-21 at 01:34 PM.

I can't find much info about weapons...

How many shapes of each weapon type game has? for example how many shapes for two-handed swords? does it has two handed axes ?

Is it possible to find better weapons from monsters later in the game or something to improve current weapon? Or after finding some "best sword" you have to stick with it forever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,
    I apologize for not reading the 49 pages of this thread. My question is simple and it should take you guys a few seconds to answer it:

Do you know if GW2 will have a trial / demo?

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Hello,
    I apologize for not reading the 49 pages of this thread. My question is simple and it should take you guys a few seconds to answer it:

Do you know if GW2 will have a trial / demo?

Thank you.
    We don't know yet... one would assume yes, but it might not be available with launch, just because they wouldn't want to put in trial players with the launch day rush.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Played my first beta this weekend. It was quite fun. I'll give a brief rundown of the chars i played and my opinions as a new GW player.

Norn Ranger Lvl 9 - I know this will be my main character once the game goes live. Very fun to play. Had 2 pets, a bear and wolf that I use as a meat shield. Once I got a decent bow, I was able to do decent damage and solo some parts of dungeons. Very fun to play against mobs. Will most definitely need a good party.

Asura Elementalist Lvl 8 - This will be my co-main character. Quite a beast in dealing w/ Mobs and hunting the boss of an event. Meteor Shower spam is just cool to watch.

Sylvari Mesmer Lvl 6 - Ok character. The illusion spells were cool but a bit under-powered in terms of the damage I can deal. Interesting story-line.

Human Necro Lvl 6 - Interesting character. I was able to max out and the shroud spray skill but it looks to be underpowered for supposedly the highest skill you can use.

Charr Warrior Lvl 5 - I probably didn't play this char long enough to utilize their potential. This character was quite easy to level up due to being a great boss killer. Very versatile w/ the weapon selection and delivers the highest damage I've seen. However, I didn't have a variety of weapons to maintain my interest in this char.

Human Thief Lvl 4 - This was just an odd character to play. Each skill using up initiative got a bit annoying. Skill animation is pure eye candy but I didn't like damage it dealt. Probably needed a better set of equip.

I missed out on the Engineer and Guardian class.

Deleted
    Someone please teach me more about combo attacks, I dont really get it and the OP is very vague when trying to explain it.

I would also like to know how big the biggest bags in this game are and where you can get them, atm I find myself running out of bag space way too fast because I have to keep a lot of weapons for weapon sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Someone please teach me more about combo attacks, I dont really get it and the OP is very vague when trying to explain it.

I would also like to know how big the biggest bags in this game are and where you can get them, atm I find myself running out of bag space way too fast because I have to keep a lot of weapons for weapon sets.
    Here is a link for more info about combos, but when I refer to combos, I'm either referring to combos like in the link, or simply chaining abilities together to get more effectiveness out of my skills (Using an auto attack on one weapon to stack vulnerability before switching to another to use a high dps skill for example). That's just me though, I don't know about others.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

As for the largest bags; the largest I found were 8 slots, but there are probably much larger, I didn't look very hard because space wasn't an issue for me. Why were you carrying around so many weapons for weapon sets? I assume you were trying to level them up so you had all the skills on them, otherwise I find it unnecessary personally, I usually just roll with whatever 2 weapon sets I like most and make them work with each other.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    The biggest bag is 20 slots. You can craft it if you are either Armorsmith, Leatherworker or a Tailor.
    By adding another material to the recipe, you can make specialized bags, one for materials, one for armors and weapons, one to hide the stuf in it from vendors and one to put all the junk.

Don't forget to push the "Deposit all collectible" button very often to make space in your inventory, it will send every crafting material, pvp armor/weapon, pets etc... in their own slot in you bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Oglok View Post
    The biggest bag is 20 slots. You can craft it if you are either Armorsmith, Leatherworker or a Tailor.
    By adding another material to the recipe, you can make specialized bags, one for materials, one for armors and weapons, one to hide the stuf in it from vendors and one to put all the junk.

Don't forget to push the "Deposit all collectible" button very often to make space in your inventory, it will send every crafting material, pvp armor/weapon, pets etc... in their own slot in you bank.
    Nice tip...thanks!

On a little side note when running out of bag space: Open your bags, click the little cogwheel in the upper right corner, deposit all collectables.
    This will send all your crafting items and collectables (armor sets, minipets, dyes etc. anything that has its own catagory in the bank/pvp lockers) to the bank from anywhere in the world, helped me clear up space in my bags regularly during this last BWE, especially when out farming mats for crafting and will proberbly be one of my most used features come live
    Last edited by Smeeh; 2012-07-24 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Does zojja have a last name?
    and caithe?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Does zojja have a last name?
    and caithe?
    No.
    /10asura

Deleted
    why not D:

10+ Year Old Account
    why not D:
    Well, Sylvari all have the same birth place, so a surname doesn't make much sense...

As for the Asura... I don't know why... maybe it's a pride thing.

Deleted
    but aren't asura angry if someone with same name is mistaken for them when it comes to inventions n shit

as for sylvari i thought maybe they like to copy humans in that way

Deleted
    but aren't asura angry if someone with same name is mistaken for them when it comes to inventions n shit

as for sylvari i thought maybe they like to copy humans in that way
    Asura typically select a job title or krewe prefix/suffix to their names to distinguish themselves, like (for example) Golemancer Kraxx or Dlira of Incineratrix. There is the occasional Asura who takes a surname, but these Asura are ridiculed by their peers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys,
    is there any bonus except the 3 days faster start if one purchases the game now?
    The beta weekends are over, right?