Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i was intending to drop slicing once i hit 50 and had learned all the speeder training, then pick up treasure hunting (to go with my artifice) but i think i may stick with slicing for a while and do treasure hunting on an alt. the amount of credits you can pick up just by running around low level planets is crazy, the amount you can get on high level planets is even crazier - even after the nerfs (which honestly weren't that hard)
    With all the complaints I read about how worthless most of the crewskills are at max level it would probably be better to just stick with slicing rather than spend the time and credits to level a skill that makes gear you don't even need.

10+ Year Old Account
    You left Balmorra at 24? =\

I think I left Tatooine at like 26 XD
    Im a tank, and made healer friends. I think iv ran hammer station about 10 times now, athis 5 or 6.
    Yet, my gear blows (/sadpanda).

Add daily space missions and playing only about 3-4 hours a day and you dont have enough time to just quest.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Slicing and avoiding buying anything from vendors worked for me. I just hit 25 on Tatooine and ended up with 88k credits. I sent out one companion at all times on lockbox missions and only bought 3 ship upgrades. Space missions were incredibly easy without them, so I didn't worry too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont get why are slicing lockboxes so much more profitable than treasure hunting lockboxes.
    If you consider their name, shouldnt those be the same thing?
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

Deleted
    picked up slicing, play very casually in the evenings when my baby is asleep, level 19 and i have 197k credits =D

Artifice / Arch / T Hunting

I kept leveling crew skills all the way to 50.

I was and still am for the most part the only person selling Artifact Quality crystals on the GTN.
    I can't make them fast enough to keep up with demand now.
    I spent ~ 1 hour a day (different times) checking the GTN and watching the market.
    People will dump mats to get some quick credits, and I would buy them cheap, do my artifice combines and resell them.

I probably made 200k in sales by 30, and now I am well over a million.

If you are into crafting, learn the GTN there is alot of money to make there.

If not, just take slicing and you will be profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest recommendation? DO ALL THE QUESTS. This serves two purposes:

1) It'll give you a lot more money.
    2) It'll give you a massive level buffer for the next planet. Instead of showing up to the next planet at, or under the req. level, show up at 1,2, even 3 levels higher, and just faceroll everything!

I learned this the hard way, and have since fixed this issue on my other characters. My main is will have to go back a planet and grind out all those side quests I didn't do before continuing.

Also, like Drek said, don't always upgrade your skills. As a Jedi Consular/Sage/healer, I noticed there were quite a few abilities I didn't use often, or ones that didn't really matter if they were upgraded or not. So that ended up saving me quite a chunk of credits! I think, now at 26, I have about 20k worth of abilities to train that I just haven't felt the need for. That 20k is half of the training for speeders!

I did nothing special, spent a lot of credits on professions, geared companions, when I had to get my riding training and speeder I had well over 120K, no AH or anything. Not sure how you could be broke tbh.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even though it was nerfed, Slicing still provides a ridiculous amount of credits. Most of your return will come from harvest nodes on planets, especially now since a lot of people dropped slicing after it was nerfed and nodes are rather abundant because of it. Other than that, "Rich: Level X Lockbox" missions can yield green/blue boxes, and artifact level missions. I got a tier 3 credit box that contained 4k credits once (though, only once lol), AFTER the nerf.

At level 19 with Slicing, I was sitting on 135k credits. I'm now level 30 and after buying my speeder training and mount (I've actually bought 2 speeders. One from Fleet vendor and one on Tatooine), I'm at 165k. I also spend money on gear and the AH and speciality goods vendors as well. It's not like I just sit on my credits and I still have a ton.

Another GREAT source of credits, are space missions and/or dailies whether they're PvP, Flashpoint, etc. Yeah, they're boring as hell after the first couple times, but you get a lot of credits (and exp if you're doing level appropriate missions) for doing the dailies. I think I net about 6-7k for doing the space dailies. Takes about 30 min to complete them all at my level.

I also agree with opting out upgrading some skills. I'm a Sniper, and I haven't bought Shiv ranks, or Eviscerate because I *never* use my melee abilities. At level 30, skill upgrades run me about 8k a pop so I only get the ones I know I would use.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

there is no wayyyyyyyyyy in hell you can be broke at lvl 25.........even w/o profession and i mean NO PROFESSION you can easily make 50,000 credit, either sell all your greens or AH(average items in AH i sell for is 500 credit) and per lvl i get like atleast 10 green items and few blue items, i usually vendor off the greens and AH the blue's and Purple's.

I bought my speeder as sooon as i hit lvl 25 and still had 50k credit.

The only way your broke is either you die alot and repair and buy expensive med-pac's, also you must be buying gears off AH, also traveling cost you $$....im sure theres more way to kill your money, but at lvl 1-25 you should always be saving!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no wayyyyyyyyyy in hell you can be broke at lvl 25
    Well, im fairly sure you are wrong there. Because i was, and so are 2 of my leveling friends. One bought the speeder at lv23, but she is still saving money for training.

On my smuggler I did slicing, bioanalysis, and underworld trading because I thought they sounded cool, and at 25 I learned the speeder skill with barely over 700 credits left. Lucky I had done the digital deluxe so I didn't have to buy a speeder. I sent a companion off to slice a lockbox or two and got up to 1k and then ewnt on to quest, but it was very close there. And I didn't buy gear or stims or items or anything prior to the speeder, just leveled normally through questing, picked up everything I could find and vendored it, and continually sent companions off to slice and underworld trade. Sold a few items on the AH too. Not sure how my credit count was so low, but I figured it was just based on the normal credit generation of quests and drops.
    On my sage I picked artifice, treasure hunting and archeology, and am figured I'd be broke from all the artifice training and leveling, but somehow I'm already over 40k at 23. I just moved to Nar Shaddaa from Taris, and that's pretty much all I've done differently (complete Taris instead of moving on to Nar Shaddaa immediately after finishing my class quest). I also leveled solo instead of with a friend - but if the increase in credits by that much is just due to not splitting loot that'd be pretty crazy. I've also skipped a lot more mobs because I didn't need the experience and just wanted to get a quest done. I've still bought all of my skills and no gear from a vendor or the AH.