Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I find this argument highly fallacious.
    The only real gripe I've ever had with Arena balancing is the ability to eat/drink. In a perfectly Utopian world, it'd be a non-issue, but as classes are at this juncture, it's a very class discriminating feature.

You just won't ever see a Death Knight be able to drink in peace.

It's a luxury only a select few classes can make actual use of in any practical scenario and as such, breaks the experience for me.

Nope, because the DK is constantly healed, so he doesn't need to eat.. maybe?

A healer in arena has to care about healing his dps, himself if needed, many times has to kite and sometimes even assist the dps.. dispelling or w/e.

Remember that while the healer is drinking, that means that the dps is alone, still under the healers responsibility if something goes wrong.. just because he wan't there.... and if there comes the situation where the DPS is left alone against the other teams healer... if the healer goes to drink.. who stops you from doing the same?

However, i'm pretty sure noone ever drinks at 3v3.. 2v2 is kinda chill arena compared. Still... taunt him, send him a pet... "attack him"... you can easily stop him from doing so.. you just shouldn't let him run away and hide behind a frame, you MUST know where the other healer is, at all moments :/

you just shouldn't let him run away and hide behind a frame
    this is what drinking supporters fail to understand. Me as a warrior with a rogue, kidneying me, slowing me more than I slow his healer, gauging me there is nothing I can do to prevent it.

Or imagine the following case. Warrior healer against dual rogues. They open you and bring you to 30% before you can even move. When you are able to move you target one rogue. Hamstring up. Rend up. He starts running waiting for diminishing returns to finish on kidney. His slow is better than the warriors and he stands in the deadzone so you cannot charge him. Since You can't attack him you switch to the other rogue. Hamstring up. Rend up. In the meanwhile the first rogue is already behind a pillar Waiting for rend to tick off to stealth. The other rogue kites you for a few seconds in the deadzone till kidney is off dr. Then full kidney, sprint, pillar, rend is off, restealth.

They can do this for 3 hours non stop and there is nothing the warrior can do to stop them.

I would like to see an arena where its just a big open field. Maybe 80x80 yards. Just a grassy field. Nothing to hide behind. Just a big open space.

No pillar humping. I like this. I think that would show a truer victor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    this is what drinking supporters fail to understand. Me as a warrior with a rogue, kidneying me, slowing me more than I slow his healer, gauging me there is nothing I can do to prevent it.

Or imagine the following case. Warrior healer against dual rogues. They open you and bring you to 30% before you can even move. When you are able to move you target one rogue. Hamstring up. Rend up. He starts running waiting for diminishing returns to finish on kidney. His slow is better than the warriors and he stands in the deadzone so you cannot charge him. Since You can't attack him you switch to the other rogue. Hamstring up. Rend up. In the meanwhile the first rogue is already behind a pillar Waiting for rend to tick off to stealth. The other rogue kites you for a few seconds in the deadzone till kidney is off dr. Then full kidney, sprint, pillar, rend is off, restealth.

They can do this for 3 hours non stop and there is nothing the warrior can do to stop them.
    Likewise, if they can force the trinket on the warrior, they can simply blind him and hard swap to the healer. Or, assuming the warrior is hit with crippling poison and the healer can't dispel it, they could simply ignore the warrior; because hamstring is much weaker, the warrior would never be able to catch up without burning charge (which would make him exceptionally easy to kite until charge became ready again.)

Restealthing for "free" is pretty silly. I'd definitely support a change that prevents rogues from restealthing without Vanish if any of their debuffs is active on any target - blind, gouge, poisons, etc. Maybe not Hemo dot or Hemo debuff since those last 3 years.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    I would like to see an arena where its just a big open field. Maybe 80x80 yards. Just a grassy field. Nothing to hide behind. Just a big open space.

No pillar humping. I like this. I think that would show a truer victor.
    No it wouldn't it would give kiting classes a big advantage. Especially Hunters. That said I would love to see them add one in the rotation to even things out. Its not like there aren't any arenas now that severely handicap hunters... But by no means would it show a "true" victor.

I think the biggest problems is not the getting out of combat, THAT can't be prevented, its the endless pools that healers have to work with that is so annoying. In my opinion a healer should always eventually good oom (and when he does bad things happen to his health pool), it is the healer's team's job to end the fight before that happens.

For example (and I know 1v1 is bullshit, but just as an example)

Healer vs DPS. The healer should be able to slowly damage the dps while keeping himself up at the cost of mana. If the dps brings the healer's mana to 0 before the slow chipping away kills the dps the dps should win. If the healer slowly kills the dps before the he runs oom, the healer should win.

In reality though in this current environment the healer will likely stay at 100% mana forever and the dps will stay at 100% life.

Now translate this to a 2v2 arena match (Which I know is also bullshit but happens to be the topic of this thread) and a Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS will last almost forever and lead to a lot of running in circles esp for certain match ups of equally geared and skilled players.

All that said, you haven't experienced pain until you Q for 2s to cap your conquest and the door opens to reveal TWO holy pallies on the opposing team...

Or one time we went up against a mage/rshaman combo that refused to fight, just spent the whole game running away. At about 20min we petitioned a GM and I think he said something to them because after about 35min they finally engaged. Once they did, we won. (but basically their entire game was run behind an obstacle and hide there until we came over, at which point they would snare or CC us and run to another pillar and hide again)
    Last edited by themortalgod; 2012-01-11 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    If your partner is left with a 1v1 situation, and his/her opponent is out of combat, then it's safe to assume that your partner is also out of combat. Therefore, why doesn't he just drink/eat too? Why aren't his CD's resetting also?

Sounds to me that your Prot Warr partner is just suffering the fate of a Tank class with no support, not broken game mechanics. It's only going to get harder too when they nerf Vengeance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell your warrior to keep rend up on rogues/mages/ferals, and he won't have trouble finding them.

Your suggestions are just rubbish and they kill the purpose of smart play. You remind me on one DK who whined why other arena's aren't like Ring of Valor during season 5.

While I do it myself on my rogue, and have nothing against it.
    Calling it "outplaying" your enemy is just hilarious.

A warrior vs a rogue with a pillar is 100% in the rogue's favour, it's just damn sad how easy it becomes to kill a warrior with los on your side.
    It's not like the rogue would need a pillar to kill any warrior spec to begin with. Add one in and it's hilarious.

But as I said, I got nothing against it. I've used it on my warrior, my rogue, on everything, so it's all good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Tell your warrior to keep rend up on rogues/mages/ferals, and he won't have trouble finding them.

Your suggestions are just rubbish and they kill the purpose of smart play. You remind me on one DK who whined why other arena's aren't like Ring of Valor during season 5.
    First off, the rogue below you just shot down your "smart play" argument.

Secondly, Rend won't stop a mage from eating/drinking. Rogues/ferals only need to get out of range for ~12 seconds to be able to restealth after Rend falls off, which any halfway decent rogue/feral could do. Rogues are the primary issue. Mages typically run away just to buy time and never engage, ferals typically don't run away to reset as they have enough tools of their own to NOT resort that shit (but lets face it, they're not balanced in that regard). But Rogues. I just think the PVP community has been, for a lack of a better word, brainwashed over the years of PVP. As more and more abilities have been added to the Rogue toolkit, they've constantly been getting stronger. I like how someone complained about the shared CD's on Combat Readiness and CoS as a huge nerf when Rogues used to have NEITHER. Get over yourself already and play a class that has to put up with them instead of rellishing in their imbalance.

Rogues, as an assassin, SHOULD be able (possibly even guaranteed, which they basically are) to open up on their opponent to utilized their extended toolkit. They have the ability to Vanish not once but TWICE to do that same thing again (And remember Vanish makes them immune to everything for at least 3 seconds I believe, so Rend is useless in that time frame). The fact that they can abuse their openers, 70% slow, and Recup to constantly damage the opponent while taking no damage in return (or healing back whatever damage they do take) is not smart play. It's flat out not balanced.

-Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Lafua View Post
    The only way to "remove" these bleeds would be to be a Dwarf, or get a BoP from a paladin. Cloak does NOT remove physical debuffs!!!!

So it's possible that you have seen rogues remove bleeds, but only if they are Dwarf OR have a pally friend around.

I think you need to hop on a rogue (or on someone with bleeds) and test it out to see for yourself, because it sounds like you're not very knowledgeable of rogue skills.
    Nah, i have seen it happen also. 1v1 situations, rogues have just flat out removed all bleeds[last i remember was human]. No clue how, however, it has happened.

I believe it takes 6 seconds to get out of combat. That means 7.5 seconds later, you could be on your mount.

Have your prot warrior play an actual warrior spec (Arms if you didn't know) and learn to keep him alive and you won't have this issue.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.