Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm certaintly an adult with a life outside the game, but my access started on the 13th of december, with a fair bit of free time over the christmas holidays, not hard to get to 50 in that time, I had some fellow WoW guild friends who started almost a week after me, and then complained at me to hurry up so they could face me in pvp (my guildies went sith, I went Jedi) as they had already reached level 50 a fair bit before myself.

I think my guild (some casual leveling guild) has around 3-4 level 50s including myself, most of them seem to enjoy the game a lot more than I do though. I loved it at the start in the early levels, but more and more I feel it misses too much of what I got used to when I used to play wow, and at the moment I'm finding it hard to get motivated to play, If anything it has motivated me to want to resubscribe to WoW, to get my fix.

I have no Idea why, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I'm up to level 33 and just can't bring myself to get motivated to play any more. I have a guild with a few local friends and they are all really into it with some at level 50 already.

What's the best way to motivate myself or should I just give up now?
    Weird, level 33 (Jedi Sentinel) was when I hit the wall too. I'm up to 35 now, but that's purely from Space Combat every now and then. lol

Unsub, go back to wow and grind out a worgen or goblin to 85, then see how motivated you are to play.

Haha, I have the opposite problem as a lot of you guys. As a level 22 Bounty Hunter I have no interest in doing my Class Quest. It's just boring. I don't see my Arch-Nemsis as any real threat to me, he won't even talk to me face to face. He's been afraid of me from the second he was introduced. I am not worried about him at all, and so the quest is boring as shit so far. I'm hoping once the Great Hunt is over with, something I don't even really care about, that some more interesting stuff happens in my class quest.

The Side quests on the other hand, super interesting to me. I hear a lot of my friends complain about Balmorra, but I've been enjoying it so far. Just did the cheating whore quest. That had me way more engaged than going after my Bounty for the Great Hunt.

I suspect that you guys that get bored of questing are always just chosing the Light Side or Dark Side answers and just outright accepting any quest thrown your way. Or skipping all the side quests. My advice is to mix it up a little bit. When you talk to a quest giver, get as much information out of them as possible before accepting the quest. Don't always pick LS or DS options, go with your gut. If you always pick the LS or DS options you're story will be very boring and you will hear the same lines repeated over and over again.

Try to piss off your quest giver if you don't like the way they talk to you. Try to please the NPCs you find endearing. Stop hitting spacebar and picking the top option all the time. Become a character in the game, instead of just playing the game.

The more I played the game, the more my motivation to hit the space bar increased, up until around level 40 I listened to pretty much everything, then I just couldnt handle it, same old same old on every planet. You can't just go with your gut feeling if you don't want to be gimped at endgame, as they havent implented any benefits to "grey area" type players.

There are items that require you to have certain levels of light/dark to equip them, if I went with just my gut feeling It would end up being slightly light biased, which in terms of item use would simply mean I would be gimped vs someone who went pure light/dark, in that same situation by choosing natural choices (leading to a slight light bias) I would even gimp myself out of any grey area items, should they be implemented.

I'm currently Light IV (at around 8400), Light V requires 10,000 and I already have items that require Light V (so I cant use them).

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm currently Light IV (at around 8400), Light V requires 10,000 and I already have items that require Light V (so I cant use them).
    Keep making those LS choices. Once you hit your maximum or 10k total LS/DS points, LS choices will reduce DS choices before it starts going towards more LS points.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The more I played the game, the more my motivation to hit the space bar increased, up until around level 40 I listened to pretty much everything, then I just couldnt handle it, same old same old on every planet. You can't just go with your gut feeling if you don't want to be gimped at endgame, as they havent implented any benefits to "grey area" type players.

There are items that require you to have certain levels of light/dark to equip them, if I went with just my gut feeling It would end up being slightly light biased, which in terms of item use would simply mean I would be gimped vs someone who went pure light/dark, in that same situation by choosing natural choices (leading to a slight light bias) I would even gimp myself out of any grey area items, should they be implemented.

You will only be Gimped for a few days at most. And not even that gimped. The only items with hard alignment requirements that I have seen on any vendor have been Relics.

If you get to a point where you need 1000 Alignment points for an Item, you can just spam through the level 12 instance. 1000 Alignment points for you in 2 hours. No big deal.

Deleted
    Your probably just a little burned out. Take a break, get some sun/moonlight and do something else. It'll be fun again when you wanna go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizanthropic View Post
    Your probably just a little burned out. Take a break, get some sun/moonlight and do something else. It'll be fun again when you wanna go back.
    this. i hate grinding out levels. when i get burnt out i tend to work on an alt to change up the playstyle, jump on a different mmorpg, or play some console. if you aren't having fun.. don't do it. it's your sub money.

I'm up to level 33 and just can't bring myself to get motivated to play any more. I have a guild with a few local friends and they are all really into it with some at level 50 already.

Since you bought it and have 30 days, play all the classes. If after that you still don't like it, quit. Not everyone likes every game. Almost all of our WoW guild came over, but one of our good friends just canceled. Like you he just couldn't bring himself to play. No biggie. While we would like to see him plan, we still can play other games with him, like D3.
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    I know how you feel. I'm really enjoying the voice acting, but sometimes it just becomes too tiring to the point I can't be bothered, haha. But I really enjoy the story and don't wanna miss out on it, so I haven't played properly in around 5 days :-\

I'm not motivated to play anymore.
    The game is crap now.

BECAUSE my girlfriend, who has no idea about MMORPG's or even RPGs in general, decided to buy 1 for herself so she could level with me. It took 2 hours just to explain to her how to move. It took another 7 hours to get her to level 10. 4 hours to complete esselles. At the end of it, I wanted to destroy my computer.

Don't get me wrong, I love her intention to spend more time with me. Honestly though, this was just a bit too exhausting to deal with in 1 day. Worst thing is, she rolled a sentinel, the class which is not beginner-friendly in any shape, way or form.

Just sucked the fun out of it completely.

Another thing is, after finding out I missed 23 datacrons, I feel really discouraged because between catering to my girlfriend and work, I know that by the time my guild starts raiding regularly, I will not be min-maxed/geared enough on my main to perform well. Often enough, people feel discouraged when they know they're not performing to their best at something that seems so familiar, but really dissimilar, especially when there's no point of reference in doing something correctly or at the highest plateau (eg. EJ, Paragon/Ensidia guides). Even Calebv admitted during a livestream that he didn't even know what he was doing at 1 point because no one knows currently what's the best way to play.
    Last edited by Pulledtea; 2012-01-05 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crittcann View Post
    Unsub, go back to wow and grind out a worgen or goblin to 85, then see how motivated you are to play.
    If I see one more liverless goretusk I swear to god...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I really don't want to go back to WoW because I already have about 14 85s (two accounts) so other than hardcore raiding which I don't have time for, I've pretty much seen it all.

I think I'll mess around with a healing class for a few days and then go back to my Jedi Knight to see if he's more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulledtea View Post
    I'm not motivated to play anymore.
    The game is crap now.

BECAUSE my girlfriend, who has no idea about MMORPG's or even RPGs in general, decided to buy 1 for herself so she could level with me. It took 2 hours just to explain to her how to move. It took another 7 hours to get her to level 10. 4 hours to complete esselles. At the end of it, I wanted to destroy my computer.

Don't get me wrong, I love her intention to spend more time with me. Honestly though, this was just a bit too exhausting to deal with in 1 day. Worst thing is, she rolled a sentinel, the class which is not beginner-friendly in any shape, way or form.

Just sucked the fun out of it completely.

Another thing is, after finding out I missed 23 datacrons, I feel really discouraged because between catering to my girlfriend and work, I know that by the time my guild starts raiding regularly, I will not be min-maxed/geared enough on my main to perform well. Often enough, people feel discouraged when they know they're not performing to their best at something that seems so familiar, but really dissimilar, especially when there's no point of reference in doing something correctly or at the highest plateau (eg. EJ, Paragon/Ensidia guides). Even Calebv admitted during a livestream that he didn't even know what he was doing at 1 point because no one knows currently what's the best way to play.
    How do any of those make the game crap?

What you listed are personal problems...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yeah the game is crap to me now because it has become an obligation to level with her or re-roll secretly on another server. The original post was demotivation to play. Perfect example of how something can and will demotivate you.

Deleted

Why would you want to motivate yourself if you are not enjoying the game? There's nothing wrong with trying other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a break for a day or two. Go watch tv or spend time with some loved ones, its extremely easy to get burned out on mmos that are missing QOL features. IF in a day or two you still can't motivate yourself to play its probably not the game for you at this point. Come back in a month or two when they add a whole bunch of crap.

Its a video game. If you need motivation to play you're doing it wrong. You are not obligated to play the game.

Deleted
    Having trouble being motivated to play?

I have a theory about that. The storytelling in this game dosent allow you to play music while you play. ( a very powerfull motivational factor )
    And you eventually get bored.

I dont care, i play music and the volume of my game is set to 0 (except when doing class story quests, the other quests are booring and i hardly bother 2 do em, instead i PvP, also the answers for your character in theese quests are all the same)
    needless to say, i dont have problems.