"Sweden recognises new file-sharing religion Kopimism"

This is one of those news stories which really makes you smile!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16424659

My favourite bit is:

The church, which holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V (shortcuts for copy and paste) as sacred symbols, does not directly promote illegal file sharing, focusing instead on the open distribution of knowledge to all.
    Of course this all occurs amongst the backdrop of zero-tolerance on online piracy, perhaps a reason for its emergence.

10+ Year Old Account
    <- proud swedish civilian
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Man religion is serious business here.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This made me chuckle.

Good for them, I suppose? If enough of these get accepted into law, then all religion will be watered down to the point where people will take it less seriously and base their actions and opinions more off of reason and logic. HOORAY!

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This made me chuckle.

Good for them, I suppose? If enough of these get accepted into law, then all religion will be watered down to the point where people will take it less seriously and base their actions and opinions more off of reason and logic. HOORAY!
    There's a reason there's only about 5 dominant religions after several thousand years of history.

Anyway, OP, this thread has trouble written all over it, so don't be surprised if it's locked. I personally think they can do whatever the heck they want within the law, but hey, not my country and not my problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    , not my country and not my problem.
    how is it a problem?

@caiada ^what the hell is your avatar

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought religion was a forbidden topic on the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    This has already been made and closed, as religion topics are not allowed here. Please use the search before making new threads.