Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Lol what? Swapping to a weapon with lower top damage when popping cooldowns?
    If you did such a swap it would clearly be for the hundreds of constant secondary stats, not necessarily the top end.

at the cost of a cooldowned Tv, no thanks
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    If you did such a swap it would clearly be for the hundreds of constant secondary stats, not necessarily the top end.
    Id rather pray for a tentacle to spawn in that case

I believe he was saying in theory if one did that, thats the reason. Not condoning it.

Today I had a 1m~40s try on Warlord Zon'ozz HC without a single tentacle proc. I also had a 1m20s try with only one Titanic Power stack for my AoK:H.

So much for believing Gurthalak and AoK would be BiS. Grabbing ESS:H and BLF+RS asap.

Thats just going to happen with Gurth now. With our severe drop in chance to proc we're going to have pulls where you get none. While it can be competitive, the consistency of Slicer is where we're gonna have to sit. That is, unless you like prayin for procs, then again.. we are ret paladins. AoK is good beyond first 20s, just sucks at the beginning sometimes. I certainly advise grabbin a Creche asap, it honestly feels like a Recklessness for us during cd's. I bump up to ~33% crit when it procs.

Does this nerf not take affect until patch 4.3.2? Our ret just obtained this wep and all of the sudden jumped to top of the meters. Or is this just coincidence. . .
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Does this nerf not take affect until patch 4.3.2? Our ret just obtained this wep and all of the sudden jumped to top of the meters. Or is this just coincidence. . .
    how about you read the freaking thread?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Its 17 pages of blah blah. QQ. I read the first two and the last two and didnt see anything. But thanks for trolling and adding to the QQ of the thread.
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

The correct solution to the ret situation would have been to put a small ICD on the tentacle proc, calibrated such that the ICD duration levels the average PPM among the classes to within an acceptable range.

That sort of fix is trivial to compute, and wouldn't have made anyone angry. It would have been perceived as a small across-the-board nerf, and probably would've been embraced by people concerned about its PvP performance.

I have a feeling that their insistence of no-ICD procs on the Deathwing weapons is indicative of their overall MoP strategy of giving players the illusion of being overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its 17 pages of blah blah. QQ. I read the first two and the last two and didnt see anything. But thanks for trolling and adding to the QQ of the thread.
    The both of you, stop it. The thread is actually looking up compared to the other one I locked.

@bgwilly31:
    If you're not going to read the thread for at least a page or two, don't post. You waste your own time and others, and everybody just ends up frustrated and annoyed.

@Bonkura:
    Don't post just to be confrontational. You could have either answered his question or just ignored his post entirely.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Easier to just answer the question.

The "fix" was put in as soon as they announced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humblemumble View Post
    Easier to just answer the question.

The "fix" was put in as soon as they announced it.
    Exactly. Weird how our ret pally jumped in the meters this week. maybe you guys QQ'd enough and blizz threw in a ninja Buff.

PS..thnx mumble i finally see your post after reading the full 17 pages of non-sense qq.

The question is what weapon did he upgrade from? Did he get any other upgrades? How is your raids dps? How big is your sample size? Logs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Weird how our ret pally jumped in the meters this week. maybe you guys QQ'd enough and blizz threw in a ninja Buff.

PS..thnx mumble i finally see your post after reading the full 17 pages of non-sense qq.
    Referring to this discussion as nonsense (no hyphen, mind you) qq is extremely helpful with all of your input.

A ret's dps within your own specific raid means little to nothing in the grand scheme of things unless he just started posting top 10 parses with that sword. I'm a good player, and I've managed a few rankings for some amount of time this tier (with H Skullstealer, no less), and I'm usually at or near the top for my raids. Does that mean ret is the best dps or that it has higher potential dps than all the other classes and specs I'm beating? No. It means just about nothing because chances, unless you're a top raiding guild in the US/World, you're probably not going to have perfect representation of each spec's maximum dps. If your ret is suddenly beating everyone, he's either getting lucky or he's a more skilled player than some of your other dps, or both.

As they nerfed the ever-living shit out of the sword in a hotfix, a stealth hotfix to normalize us with it isn't out of the question either, though I'm sure I'd have read alot more about that by now if it was the case.

That being said, the upgrade from what to what is VERY important in this, along with the comparable gear levels. If he went 378 axe --> 403 Sword, yea, the sword damage is going to skyrocket his DPS.

There's absolutely nothing to warrant any hotfix to ret. You say normalize us but we're still better than most class/specs single target, save for rogues/mages/warriors, after the gurth hotfix. There are a number of specs that are significantly worse off. Everyone is acting as if we suddenly plummeted to the bottom which couldn't be further from the truth. We're still in a better spot than we have been all expansion and you guys still want buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    You can call it whatever you like - bug, feature or divine intervention, but if my damage drops 9% overnight and I have absolutely no means to compensate for it, I call it what it is - a freaking nerfbat. Dixi.
    What did you call it when it went up 9% over night? Act of god?

Yes, Rets suck in every aspect of the game =P Live with it or reroll. Clinging to bugs will get you nowhere <,<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pbad View Post
    We're still in a better spot than we have been all expansion and you guys still want buffs.
    I'll agree to disagree with you, We have been in the same exact spot since they fixed Mastery, Middle of the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

There's absolutely nothing to warrant any hotfix to ret
    You're right, unfortunately, because Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about Paladin QQ, justified or not. Except my comment here was in response to someone who said they might have ninja-buffed us. So take your lecture, and shove it.

*edit*

Edited for niceness before I get banned again.
    Last edited by Jonuts; 2012-01-14 at 01:06 AM.