gurthalak, voice of the deeps buging on ultraxion

just wanna see if anyone else is having the same problem as me with the tentacle. i really dont think its rng to go a whole fight with no dmg from it. if anyone has any tips for me plz feel free to respond. if not ill do a follow up post when i figure this out

never experienced any kind of this. you need to position yourself between the first and second "line" on the ground in front of the boss.

Deleted
    you need to get closer

i have gone close but there was another post about this already so im gonna try some new things tonight. i have been all the way up i have been in between first line and edge i have been in between 1 and 2 line .

1st of all, if you are checking your damage on recount, you need to uncheck the option to merge your damage with the pet. After you do that, go see if on your recount there is a "Tantacle of the old one" and if it's yours (not some other guy with that weapon on same fight), then it means it procced.

I stand at the lip of the platform and the tentacles hit him just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    I stand at the lip of the platform and the tentacles hit him just fine.
    Exactly. They have range issues and if your raid team stacks near the edge (closest possible to Ultraxion) it will proc and attack just fine.

Deleted
    Does stacking at the front affect the healers at all on Heroic, since they have to move to the back of the platform for the orbs?

10+ Year Old Account
    The shitty thing about Gurth is how LFR groups always rage if you move that far forward.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskie View Post
    Does stacking at the front affect the healers at all on Heroic, since they have to move to the back of the platform for the orbs?
    Travel-time would be the only issue, but even then only 1/3 of the healers will be moving out to get the buffs anyways so it doesn't seem too groundbreaking. The damage from Gurth tentacles is pretty imba so it would help more to stack closer to the front if you have classes with Gurth.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin