Insiginia of the Corrupted Mind and DoTs

I have a quick question in regards to the Insignia of the Corrupted Mind and refreshing DoTs. Is it a DPS gain to refresh IS and MF/SF when the trinket procs, and again after it expires, or would it be better to just maintain my rotation as normal when it procs? I haven't been overly aggressive about refreshing my DoTs when it procs, but was curious as to whether it would be a DPS gain. If anyone knows, or perhaps has a link to a thread that is already discussing this that would be great. Thank you!
    I like fat chickens and I don't know why; Charbroiled on a spit, or fried; When a Boom walks in with a big fat waist; Stripped down and ready to baste; You get HUNGry; Hope the meat ain't tough; Cause you noticed that the bird is stuffed; Deep in the pan he's stewin; I'm hooked and I can't stop droolin; Oh Baby, I wanna get with ya; And fix you fo dinna; Weight Watchers is just starvin; But that butt you got; Was made for carvin...!

Eclipse > non eclipse still applies so the times when it lines up to be refreshing multiple times rather than normal casting aren't many. Mostly take it as proc of fast movement between eclipses and 2 sets of hasted dots in pretty normal rotation.