Deleted

Choosing an EBook Reader.

Hello champs!
    I recently discovered that this forum is awesome not only for WoW, but for anything internet-technology related, so I'll ask you one question.

I want an E-Book Reader that I can use at the university to take notes and also (obvously) to read e-books.

Easy, you would say, but I am picky with this kind of things, and after a lot of browsing I haven't been able to find something that suits my needs 100%.

What I want it do be/do is:

-Big screen. At least 8 inches. 9.7+ would be the best.
    -Stylus functionality to take notes (not a pad like Kindle)
    -E-Ink (I don't wanna burn my eyes looking at a LCD screen even more than I already do... and this is way I can't use a tablet pc for my needs)
    -Wi-Fi
    -Color Display (not mandatory)
    -Accepts external sources (pdfs my teachers put on the internet for us to print... 68468489468 pages with photos)

The closest thing I found is the Sony PRST1, that unfortunately has a small screen :'(

Thanks in advance!

e-ink color displays dont exist.
    LCD doesnt do any harm to your eyes unless you use it for more then 10 hours a day.
    I really dont think lots of tablets use styluses nowadays, mabye a slate PC?
    Check out the thinkpad tablet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    e-ink color displays dont exist.
    LCD doesnt do any harm to your eyes unless you use it for more then 10 hours a day.
    I really dont think lots of tablets use styluses nowadays, mabye a slate PC?
    Check out the thinkpad tablet.
    http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/eb...ucts-C920.html
    But I can't find any price or whatever :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe I've ever seen color e-ink, much less at a large screen size. I'm pretty sure any capacitive touch screen tablet will accept stylus input. You might want to look into an android tablet, yes they are LCD but thats really your only option. That way, you'd have wifi and ability to read PDFs, along with basically every ebook reader out there.

If you're looking to take notes in class, check out the Asus Transformer with keyboard dock. The new one just came out so if you're good on cash check that out, or if not the first gen is still a good tablet.

edit: That Hanvon site just loaded, it has color (if you can call that color,) I just can't see how it would be useful outside school and reading. It doesn't even look like it is available for purchase anyway.
    Last edited by Wrestler10307; 2012-01-08 at 06:38 PM.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced